E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #141
jwbeck17

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksen76 View Post
I have tried to search and as you all might know, information is buried in the big threads :p so this might have been answered.. alot..

I seem to have a problem with my wifi (i got the d99+ with original wifi dongle) i can connect to all networks, but only the unsecured networks will work? i get no internet connection from secured once? but they are connected.. wich happen to be a major issue for me :S
I had a connectivity problem with secured networks, not an Internet problem, but my trick may be worth a try. I had to reset the password on my wifi hotspot and it seemed to work.

Also, of you get a connection but no Internet, you should check the source to make sure that it allows for Internet access on the IP that your Dynavin is using. Probably checked that, but it's worth asking.

Also turn the wifi off and on in Android

Unplug the dongle and plug it back in

Test the dongle on a laptop

Just throwing out some ideas to help!
jwbeck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #142
klinwart

My Ride: Audi TT mk2 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Yes, all dynaivns do....but it doesnt really do anything on the WinCE unit.....its mostly there for loading software....
Hi Jeff thanks for the reply, but is the USB on GPS side suitable for using with Petruts 3g dongle?
klinwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #143
eriksen76

My Ride: BMW 318D 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbeck17 View Post
I had a connectivity problem with secured networks, not an Internet problem, but my trick may be worth a try. I had to reset the password on my wifi hotspot and it seemed to work.

Also, of you get a connection but no Internet, you should check the source to make sure that it allows for Internet access on the IP that your Dynavin is using. Probably checked that, but it's worth asking.

Also turn the wifi off and on in Android

Unplug the dongle and plug it back in

Test the dongle on a laptop

Just throwing out some ideas to help!
Can i control the ip that my dynavin is using though?
I've tried the dongle on my computer, and it seem to work BUT, the speed is terrible compared to the built in wifi... look under :p

Dongle:

Built in wifi:

Any ideas? still cant get any respond from secured networks...

Last edited by eriksen76; 01-04-2013 at 06:38 AM.
eriksen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #144
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinwart View Post
Hi Jeff thanks for the reply, but is the USB on GPS side suitable for using with Petruts 3g dongle?
yeah.....thats what I assumed you were up to. There is no reason to use it on a stock dynavin....
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #145
klinwart

Quote:
yeah.....thats what I assumed you were up to. There is no reason to use it on a stock dynavin....
Hi Jeff
I'm a liitle confused that you say 'no reason to use on a stock dynavin' but if I want the internet on WinCE do I need the USB on GPS side? Thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #146
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
I just meant that the only reason to use the winCE USB is if you are going to hack it, which is what you are doing with petruts patch, to my knowledge, yes, petrut's stuff uses the GPS USB for wifi/modem/etc... You will want to direct your questions at him however, im not familiar with his patch beyond what I have seen in passing on the forums.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #147
klinwart

Quote:
I just meant that the only reason to use the winCE USB is if you are going to hack it, which is what you are doing with petruts patch, to my knowledge, yes, petrut's stuff uses the GPS USB for wifi/modem/etc... You will want to direct your questions at him however, im not familiar with his patch beyond what I have seen in passing on the forums.
Thanks for your help Jeff, keep up the great work.
Cheers
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #148
x13atma17x

My Ride: E46 323i & MK6 Jetta
Just wanted to share this....

GSP works on my D99+ Android after downloading about 1GB of maps on my 8GB SDHC card last night for off-line use. Today, left my phone at work during lunch, opened the Google Maps app, map started loading & few minutes later the GPS started working too. Of course no, Search & Navigation/Direction as those requires an HotSpot connection.

I'm loving this unit!

x13atma17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #149
eriksen76

I'm going to use Sygic as my navigation it is amazing! but first i need internet connectivety on the unit... i cant do anything about it being secured, and my unit wont let me use secured ones! o.o
Old 01-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #150
sparky1969

My Ride: 330i m3
Hi Im interested in doing an upgrade on my 2001 330 i headunit
Im prewired but do not have bluetooth pairing button on car but have handsfree feature on steering wheel and stock microphone. Is it possible to do.upgrade myself to have navigation touchscreen ?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
sparky1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #151
eriksen76

I have a BIG issue, many apps on android side run in fullscreen, meaning i loose the top bar with the "back" and "settings" button or what i shall call them. So i get stuck in the apps! :O i cant find any way to close them, they rely on phones, wich have the "go back" buttons :S

EDIT: The unit is very unstable... wifi only work sometimes, android locks up alle the time and suddenly my music can stop because the unit start loading a cd that is not there? :'(

Last edited by eriksen76; 01-07-2013 at 10:22 AM.
eriksen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #152
tuffyak

My Ride: E39
So i finally installed my D99+ Win CE version in my 523i E39 and everything has been working as expected. I ran into two annoying issue today now. After I plugged in my I phone there is a black status bar that remains on the top of the screen (basically tells what is playing CD, IPOD, radio etc.) but it won't go away now and interferes with reading the screen. Also, and I don't know if this is related or not but happened about the same time, is that the GPS lost satellite reception and won't reacquire even though it had just been working fine in the same place. Nothing has changed with the GPS antenna position so I don't think that is the problem. Any advise?
tuffyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #153
tsawyer

My Ride: e53 x5 2004
I can help with the black status bar issue. Go into the Display settings and turn off the PIP. It is a bit misleading, but in this case, Picture in Picture is really a 'display overlay' option for whatever is putting out audio.
tsawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #154
tuffyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsawyer View Post
I can help with the black status bar issue. Go into the Display settings and turn off the PIP. It is a bit misleading, but in this case, Picture in Picture is really a 'display overlay' option for whatever is putting out audio.
Thanks tsawyer! I just figured that out a few minutes ago myself ! I have been back tracking the different setting I was messing with but I still haven't gotten the GPS to work properly yet. Hopefully someone will have an idea what I did or can do to fix it!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #155
tuffyak

Is the RST (reset?) button on the front something I should try?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #156
sahiilseth

My Ride: BMW 325i
steering wheel controls

Hi I received a D99+ unit and everything works very well except the steering wheel controls. The factory setting sheet which came with it says we have to choose numbers between 00 to 04 for different models. What should be the correct number for E46?

Thanks
Sahil
sahiilseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #157
sahiilseth

My Ride: BMW 325i
steering wheel controls

Hi I received a D99+ unit and everything works very well except the steering wheel controls. The factory setting sheet which came with it says we have to choose numbers between 00 to 04 for different models. What would be the correct number for E46?

Thanks
Sahil
sahiilseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #158
eriksen76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiilseth View Post
Hi I received a D99+ unit and everything works very well except the steering wheel controls. The factory setting sheet which came with it says we have to choose numbers between 00 to 04 for different models. What should be the correct number for E46?

Thanks
Sahil
Mine is set to "00" and works like a charm :p

Anyone else having trouble with the touch screen? i can actually barely scroll down with it, always just click into programs on the screen, and sometimes when i finally manage to get it scrolling down, it suddenly just pops up

Any suggestions? i can upload a movie clip of it
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #159
snownh2o2

My Ride: LT
SWC Steering Wheel Control - Number Setting in Hidden Menu

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find info about the SWC setting. Searches have left me without any info. In the hidden settings menu, SWC can have 00-20 selected. Having the Universal D99+ and a Metra adapter to my vehicle, I am trying to get them to communicate. The Metra can be programmed for 1-11.

First thought was to just pick a number and set both to that number. No luck. Any ideas? Does the D99 SWC system follows the same as any of the other big name brands. The Metra manual shows the following:

1 Eclipse
2 Kenwood
3 Clarion "Type 1"
4 Sony and Dual
5 JVC
6 Pioneer and Jensen
7 Alpine*
8 Visteon
9 Valor
10 Clarion "Type 2"
11 METRA OE

Also note that Dynavin uses a 2-wire plus GND and Metra uses a 1-wire plus GND. Speaking to them directly they said this should not be an issue with the Dynavin unit.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by snownh2o2; 01-09-2013 at 06:48 PM.
snownh2o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #160
snownh2o2

My Ride: LT
Eriksen76,

I have the same issue with the scrolling popping back to the top of the menu. And I have yet to locate a fix. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out if I was pressing too hard or too soft or scrolling too fast or too slow. I concluded that is wasn't me. However, with that said, I have't yet tried it with the screen protector off. Are you also using a screen protector?

Matt
snownh2o2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d99, d99+, dynavin, gps, navigation