E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #121
dinan19

My Ride: 2004 Imola ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Syxx View Post
very nice mate.
I saw some pics of your car on a recent thread and the paint looks wet! Love the color, Frozen grey?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #122
///Mvious

My Ride: E46 330
Lovely...got her looking good! That's a hell of a deal for a straight ZHP w/ 117k...nice find! Wish I had that room in my garage...just got done detailing mine (clay bar, Menzerna 4000, Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant w/ my Porter) and bending backwards over the last couple days has my back in knots! Keep up the nice work!
///Mvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #123
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBbimmer View Post
Lovely...got her looking good! That's a hell of a deal for a straight ZHP w/ 117k...nice find! Wish I had that room in my garage...just got done detailing mine (clay bar, Menzerna 4000, Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant w/ my Porter) and bending backwards over the last couple days has my back in knots! Keep up the nice work!
Thanks bro. Its alot of work polishing a car huh? i recently started detailing as a business now so im starting to be able to use the polisher without breaking my back! I found that you gotta kinda let the weight of the PC do most of the work and not to push down so hard. I use meguiars 105/205 combo on everything and just use different pads. 105 can get a bit messy but its cuts quick and skips the bs. :p

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
Old 01-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #124
///Mvious

My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan19 View Post
Thanks bro. Its alot of work polishing a car huh? i recently started detailing as a business now so im starting to be able to use the polisher without breaking my back! I found that you gotta kinda let the weight of the PC do most of the work and not to push down so hard. I use meguiars 105/205 combo on everything and just use different pads. 105 can get a bit messy but its cuts quick and skips the bs. :p

No kidding!...fortunately I only do a 3 step like this 2X/ yr (luckily my car is garaged at home and work)...I tried the Menzerna 4000 for the first time with an orange pad and wish I went slightly more aggressive on the polish..not quite enough bite to take out some surface imperfections...but mine is TiAg so cant tell unless you're at an angle...cant beat the way the IR looks when properly detailed! Maybe I'll try the 105/205 at some point...the Porter is great...I also let its weight supply the downforce like you mentioned, but my garage with my wife's car in there as well is very cramped...makes it a bit more of a challenge...I'm jealous of the space you have to work! I've thought about starting a detail business on the side but can't decide if the $$ for the work & time is worth it...curious what you're able to charge??
///Mvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #125
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBbimmer View Post
No kidding!...fortunately I only do a 3 step like this 2X/ yr (luckily my car is garaged at home and work)...I tried the Menzerna 4000 for the first time with an orange pad and wish I went slightly more aggressive on the polish..not quite enough bite to take out some surface imperfections...but mine is TiAg so cant tell unless you're at an angle...cant beat the way the IR looks when properly detailed! Maybe I'll try the 105/205 at some point...the Porter is great...I also let its weight supply the downforce like you mentioned, but my garage with my wife's car in there as well is very cramped...makes it a bit more of a challenge...I'm jealous of the space you have to work! I've thought about starting a detail business on the side but can't decide if the $$ for the work & time is worth it...curious what you're able to charge??
All i can say is dont quit your day job yet. Im doing this slowly and building clientel because i have time since i cant drive because of my current legal situation. Right now im charging between $200-$300 for a full exterior paint correction topped with sealant and chemical guys paste wax. I dont do interior as it already takes me a full day and half a morning to do a car. I would need a helper for anything more.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #126
RaVeON0319

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
great job on your build bro! so u took off ur 5mm spacers for the rear u said? y? rubbing issues?
RaVeON0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #127
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVeON0319 View Post
great job on your build bro! so u took off ur 5mm spacers for the rear u said? y? rubbing issues?
Thanks dogg haha. Yeah im dissapointed because i did have to take them off. I must have miscalculated somehow. Before i put them on, i cut my fenders and shaved them and the outer lip was still rubbing on the fender. I also maxed out my camber arms and still wouldnt clear. Figurered for 5mm its not worth it. Ill prolly be selling them on here as they are brand new.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #128
dinan19

A few Pictures =]

Here's a small update with a few pictures. Yesterday I finally washed the car since i have finished the fender work and adjusted the suspension a little bit more. I decided to remove and not use the rear 5mm spacers at least for now. No rubbing anymore.

Photobucket
After Chemical guys Concours 50/50 paste wax. One of my favorite waxes, I'm starting to prefer it over my Dodo juice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here you can see me holding the 5mm spacer up to the rear wheel. Notice where the wheel would be with the spacer installed and why it was rubbing and causing clearance issues.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #129
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
Gorgeous, where did you purchase the reps?
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers - patiently waiting delivery
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #130
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
Gorgeous, where did you purchase the reps?
I bought my reps from ESM wheels directly from Ary.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #131
dinan19

Since alot of people have been asking about which mods and wheel/suspension i have, Im going to list all the mods that i currently have and any maintenance/restoration i have done.

Exteriors Cosmetics:

-Khoalty LED angel eyes (With remote fade on/off feature)
-New headlight lenses
-Clear turn signals with black housing
-License plate delete strip
-R/C/R Euro tail lights
-Clear side markers
-Invisibulbs for all of the lights
-Black kidney grills

Interior Cosmetics:

-Coby wheel alcantara steering wheel wrap with Tri-color stitching
-Coby wheel alcantara center armrest wrap
-Euro tray
-UUC Motorworks RK6 weighted shift knob
-New OE style floor mats

Wheel and Suspension:

-ESM 004 Lm replicas (Silver with Mirror polished step lip)

19x8.5 Front (+35) 19x9.5 Rear (+40)

-15mm Front spacers with extended bolts
-Rokkor tuning Coilovers
-Tires are Federal SS 595: 215/35/19 (F) 225/35/19 (R)

Performance:

-AFE Stage 1 intake
-Spring Booster
-Cross drilled/Slotted rotors

Maintenance:

-Valve cover gasket replaced
-Oil changed with Mobil 1
-Fuel pump gasket re-seated to fix tank leak
-new rotors and pads

Reconditioning:

-Full paint correction wich inclued machine polishing, sealant and wax.
-Alcantara interior completely cleaned and trimed loose fabric balls

Thats it for now. I ordered new 6000k replacement xenon bulbs which will be here monday and installed. I plan on getting headers and the full Highline Tuning exhaust next.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #132
zaharias

My Ride: Now has a 3lt :P
I love everything..
Car is
Well done my friend!!!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #133
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaharias View Post
I love everything..
Car is
Well done my friend!!!!!
Thanks! hopefully ill be getting headers soon and can post pics of the install including a video.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #134
Dan99

My Ride: 2001 330xi
love it! and i also really like your clean garage set up

Last edited by Dan99; 01-06-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Dan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #135
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan99 View Post
love it! and i also really like your clean garage set up
Yeah all of my polishing and detailing equiptment is stored in the cabinets and so its all out of the way including the compressor. I couldnt live without my garage.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #136
patrickmurray2

My Ride: 2005 bmw 330i e46
Wish I had your car lol! I want a ZHP so bad been searchin for one for several months! Have fun with your car!
patrickmurray2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #137
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickmurray2 View Post
Wish I had your car lol! I want a ZHP so bad been searchin for one for several months! Have fun with your car!
Yeah the ZHP package is quite nice. Keep searching and you'll find one. Let me know if you need help looking.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #138
patrickmurray2

My Ride: 2005 bmw 330i e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan19 View Post
Yeah the ZHP package is quite nice. Keep searching and you'll find one. Let me know if you need help looking.
If I dont end up finding one ill probably just get a ZSP 330i and add the mtech bumpers and style 135 ZHP wheels to make it look as close as a ZHP as possible haha, thank you!
patrickmurray2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #139
dinan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickmurray2 View Post
If I dont end up finding one ill probably just get a ZSP 330i and add the mtech bumpers and style 135 ZHP wheels to make it look as close as a ZHP as possible haha, thank you!
Yeah np, sounds good and good luck.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:06 AM   #140
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
i like your parents garage

car is coming along nicely...