E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
FrankpE46

My Ride: 330Ci
Reasonable Mech in RIchmond, VA???

Anyone know a reasonable mech in Richmond VA? I need to have some work done.
FrankpE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Sweeney921

My Ride: 2003 330Ci ZSP
Wrong forum, you need to be in the Mid-Atlantic Region (MAR) one. However you're in luck, I grew up in Glen Allen and didn't move down here until November last year. Go to Import Autohaus in Innsbrook, they're awesome. Never go to Richmond BMW, they'll charge you insane amounts of money for simple things. If you've turned a wrench before and are comfortable with fairly simple DIYs, then depending on what you need done I would really recommend you look at the DIY forum and see if you can do the work yourself. You'll save hundreds, if not THOUSANDS on certain repairs that way. Not only that, the e46 is a very easy and gratifying car to work on!

btw - I went to Godwin High School, then Virginia Military Institute. Just figured I'd include my credentials!
Sweeney921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
FrankpE46

My Ride: 330Ci
WOW. What a small world. Funny I ran into you.

I called RichmondBMW yesterday and they quoted me 3k for head gasket replacement. Thoguht that was a bit steep.

How are the prices at this place? I have also heard of Bimmer Rescue in Richmond off of Dickens Place. Dont know if you know them?

http://www.bimmershops.com/virginia/bimmer-rescue
FrankpE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Sweeney921

My Ride: 2003 330Ci ZSP
That's the thing about repairs on these cars - a head gasket costs ~$50, but you'll spend thousands on labor just to have someone else get to the thing and put everything back together. If you have the right tools then you can do the whole thing by yourself for ~$50 and know that it was done correctly.

$3k is steep, actually it's very very steep. You should get much better quotes from Import Autohaus or Delta-V. I've never heard of Bimmer Rescue. According to their website, they opened in 2008 so that's why I've never heard of them. If the head gasket is the only thing that needs done, then you shouldn't even need to take the car in for a quote - they'll know how many hours it'll take them in advance. Just give them a call.

You could also see if there are any Fanatics nearby that can do it for you or help you DIY!
Sweeney921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #5
Patrick McHugh

My Ride: 87 535is TCD S2
I just saw this, feel free to call Bimmer Rescue anytime, 804 726 3458 and we'll help you out any way we can!
Patrick McHugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #6
Hamsocne

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
I subscribed to your newsletter and coupons. Assuming, you will on a car owned by someone who went to Indiana University.

I like my shop here, but options are always good.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
Patrick McHugh

My Ride: 87 535is TCD S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsocne View Post
I subscribed to your newsletter and coupons. Assuming, you will on a car owned by someone who went to Indiana University.

I like my shop here, but options are always good.
Well that's too bad!
Patrick McHugh is offline   Reply With Quote