E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #21
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Yikes

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
What? Morgan allowed it because the more Jones kept ranting the more insane he looked. And it worked! Jones went on rants about medicine, 9-11, among other unrelated things. Paranoid, delusional, and exposed outside of his group followers. Not surprised you think he got over on the Brit. I suppose we will see you linking more stories from infowars in political science forum.
No, you just hate Jones so much you refuse to acknowledge his points. I don't like Jones. I don't listen to his show nor do I think he is good for gun owners. However, I can at least see his very well thought out, but poorly delivered points. If you read the interview on a transcript rather than watch the rant, it is clear that his points are well made. England did have a 60%+ rise in violent crime. Morgans constant "35 gun murders in England" was irrelevant. Partly because of the lack of population adjustment, and partly because he kept ignoring the fact that US gun sales have been at an all time high, and gun violence low(er). Our gun violence numbers are irrelevant when looked at a single year at a time. How many gangs does england have? How many violent bordering countries does England have? And about the drugs...it was another excellent point. People are being medicated at an astounding rate. A vast majority of Americans are now on some kind of drug. Many are on antidepressants. People pop them like skittles. What do all the shooters have in common? People are being medicated into a damn near coma, and he keeps blaming guns. If you refuse to acknowledge Jones' facts, there is no point in a discussion. I quite clearly said his DELIVERY was poor, erratic, and does the gun owners harm, as he sounds like a loon, but his POINTS were accurate.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-08-2013 at 09:20 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #23
TSR6

My Ride: Keg Sled
He was trending on twitter last night. Unfortunately, regardless of his correct points, he did us no favors...

Even better: Sounds like he had a run in with the TSA on his flight to this show...

Last edited by TSR6; 01-08-2013 at 09:41 AM.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #24
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
No, you just hate Jones so much you refuse to acknowledge his points. I don't like Jones. I don't listen to his show nor do I think he is good for gun owners. However, I can at least see his very well thought out, but poorly delivered points. If you read the interview on a transcript rather than watch the rant, it is clear that his points are well made. England did have a 60%+ rise in violent crime. Morgans constant "35 gun murders in England" was irrelevant. Partly because of the lack of population adjustment, and partly because he kept ignoring the fact that US gun sales have been at an all time high, and gun violence low(er). Our gun violence numbers are irrelevant when looked at a single year at a time. How many gangs does england have? How many violent bordering countries does England have? And about the drugs...it was another excellent point. People are being medicated at an astounding rate. A vast majority of Americans are now on some kind of drug. Many are on antidepressants. People pop them like skittles. What do all the shooters have in common? People are being medicated into a damn near coma, and he keeps blaming guns. If you refuse to acknowledge Jones' facts, there is no point in a discussion. I quite clearly said his DELIVERY was poor, erratic, and does the gun owners harm, as he sounds like a loon, but his POINTS were accurate.
You are right. There is no point of discussion here. Arguing against one nut about another nut's ramblings.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #25
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
He was trending on twitter last night. Unfortunately, regardless of his correct points, he did us no favors...

Even better: Sounds like he had a run in with the TSA on his flight to this show...
Exactly what I said. That episode did gun owners no favors at all.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
BTW, props to him for dominating his British ass.
Jones looked like a baboon. Piers won this without even making a single point.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #27
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Not as far as TV goes. It is Morgan's show, not Jones'. Morgan was barely able to get a word in. Jones basically turned it into his own show (ranting and raving) but still. When it comes to TV, Morgan got owned. I've seen similar event on Oreilly, and they went VERY differently.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #28
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
As much as I don't want to agree with you, I partially do. I'll elaborate more in the response below

Quote:
Not as far as TV goes. It is Morgan's show, not Jones'. Morgan was barely able to get a word in. Jones basically turned it into his own show (ranting and raving) but still. When it comes to TV, Morgan got owned. I've seen similar event on Oreilly, and they went VERY differently.
At first I was surprised that they let someone on the show like Alex Jones, but then I realized and is now being talked about (as some of you may have heard) that they had Jones on the show to bastardize those in favor of the 2nd amendment. Making us look deranged and psychotic with a poster boy like Alex Jones only helps their argument, so in that respect, yes Chase, Morgan won without saying a word. Jones did everything the CNN execs expected him to do. Jones did not do so badly himself however...Jones got all his points across using his time wisely to just spill out whatever information he could. Like someone in here had said earlier - if you were to read his monologue on paper, all his points checks out. Its really just a matter of how he delivered it. THAT being said, if Jones was calm, cool and collected while talking to Piers and engaged in a civilized debate, then something would truly be wrong lol. Alex Jones, as crazy as he may come off, is one of the last true people speaking up and voicing facts that aren't talked about in mainstream media. If the interview went any other way than it had, I would've lost hope lol.

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #29
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey 3er View Post
As much as I don't want to agree with you, I partially do. I'll elaborate more in the response below

At first I was surprised that they let someone on the show like Alex Jones, but then I realized and is now being talked about (as some of you may have heard) that they had Jones on the show to bastardize those in favor of the 2nd amendment. Making us look deranged and psychotic with a poster boy like Alex Jones only helps their argument, so in that respect, yes Chase, Morgan won without saying a word. Jones did everything the CNN execs expected him to do. Jones did not do so badly himself however...Jones got all his points across using his time wisely to just spill out whatever information he could. Like someone in here had said earlier - if you were to read his monologue on paper, all his points checks out. Its really just a matter of how he delivered it. THAT being said, if Jones was calm, cool and collected while talking to Piers and engaged in a civilized debate, then something would truly be wrong lol. Alex Jones, as crazy as he may come off, is one of the last true people speaking up and voicing facts that aren't talked about in mainstream media. If the interview went any other way than it had, I would've lost hope lol.
Remember Jones was only on the show because he started a petition to deport Piers.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #30
TheEnd28

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3 SMG
Piers Morgan interviewing former Marine Joshua Boston. Does a great job of articulating what Alex Jones couldn't. Not happy with how they portray every semi auto gun as "Assult Rifle" but it's a good start. Way, Way, Way better than the Alex Jones interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aSt789ADZtg_nr_
TheEnd28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #31
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnd28 View Post
Piers Morgan interviewing former Marine Joshua Boston. Does a great job of articulating what Alex Jones couldn't. Not happy with how they portray every semi auto gun as "Assult Rifle" but it's a good start. Way, Way, Way better than the Alex Jones interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aSt789ADZtg_nr_
Dead link, video removed by user
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #32
TheEnd28

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Dead link, video removed by user
Sorry, hopefully this one will:

TheEnd28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #33