E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
SK8URDEAD

My Ride: TopazBlu 325I
Filed my taxes today :D

joy's of the military life quick W2's muhahaha but once i get my $$$ towards the end of this month since it cant officially be processed untill the 22nd. Im going to be purchasing some BC Racing Coilovers. I've heard some good things about them and plan on trying them out. More great news is as of next paycheck(15th) after the past 3 years of owning my car she will officially be paid off(6 months earlier then suppose to be paid off too ) :,). so means more money to dump into fixing little things like how im already buying two belts and pulleys that same pay check lol...

pic 1 is the coils
pic 2 is my car on stock springs/struts
pic 3 is a sexy M3 that i want to go almost as low but not as low as lol.

ignore this new update is that im going with the BMW E46 SRS Coilover kit from Status Gruppe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC Racing Coilovers.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	485111   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3399.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	485112   Click image for larger version

Name:	8249144244_2f48cd876a_c.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	485113  
Umnitza MTech II Body Kit, ZHP Weighted Shift Knob, Muffler Delete, Resonator Delete, Khoalty LED Tail lights/Clear Front Turn Signals + Sidemarkers, Long CAI, Koni FSD's + B&G Lowering Springs, CF Fabric Trim, Black Suede Headliner + Pillars, Thule 753 Roof Rack n Fairing, 5% Rear 20% Front Tint, DDM Led license plate lights. No such thing as DONE lol.

Last edited by SK8URDEAD; 01-08-2013 at 10:19 PM.
SK8URDEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
Caden

My Ride: '06 325i
Nice, your car would look sick with some coils. And congrats on finally paying that beast off!
Caden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
SK8URDEAD

thanks man. time and money are paying off haha. used to look like a regular 325i till i got the MtechII, rims, and a load of interior swapping
Umnitza MTech II Body Kit, ZHP Weighted Shift Knob, Muffler Delete, Resonator Delete, Khoalty LED Tail lights/Clear Front Turn Signals + Sidemarkers, Long CAI, Koni FSD's + B&G Lowering Springs, CF Fabric Trim, Black Suede Headliner + Pillars, Thule 753 Roof Rack n Fairing, 5% Rear 20% Front Tint, DDM Led license plate lights. No such thing as DONE lol.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
KOpower

My Ride: 325ci
Yea lowering it will make a big difference - the sedans are a bit high up - good luck with it all !

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Nice! Car would look sick, wish I could lower my car...airbags hmm???
Old 01-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
I've never heard of BC coilovers but it sounds like something you couldn't pay me to put on my car. How much are they?

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
lcoleman

My Ride: '79 Massey Ferguson
BCs are pretty cheap in price and quality. Not to say they're unsafe, just to say the dampers are pretty poorly constructed. I'd opt for ST if they're in the same price range.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcoleman View Post
BCs are pretty cheap in price and quality. Not to say they're unsafe, just to say the dampers are pretty poorly constructed. I'd opt for ST if they're in the same price range.
only time i've ever agreed with you!

+1,000,000 on STs. I would get those in a heartbeat if i was doing it over again and just might in the future.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
If I do coilovers I'm going with ST V1 or Bilstein PSS no question (plus full mounts/pads overhaul). I wouldn't spend less than $1k on a suspension for this car. It just performs too well to put **** suspension parts on it.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
nice car, picture looks great. hate to see it go down the path of un-drivable

i have a hard time understanding why pay a premium for parts to slam a car where it can't be driven like it's suppose to.

ah youth, where one gauges how cool a car is by how loud the exhaust is or how low can it go without scraping. it's your car so enjoy
Old 01-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #11
michalt95

My Ride: 02 325i MT
Changing the wheels and adding the MTech II bumper changes the whole look of the car. I'm planning on doing the same thing. However correct me if i'm wrong but I think that M3 is on bags.
michalt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #12
acpstunts

My Ride: E46 330ci / E53 X5
Youll love the BC coils. Been running them and there fcking awsome! haha
Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
michalt95

My Ride: 02 325i MT
Changing the wheels and adding the Mtech II bumper changes the whole look of a car. I'm planning to doing the same thing. However correct me if i'm wrong but I think that the M3 is on bags
michalt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #14
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by michalt95 View Post
Changing the wheels and adding the MTech II bumper changes the whole look of the car. I'm planning on doing the same thing. However correct me if i'm wrong but I think that M3 is on bags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalt95 View Post
Changing the wheels and adding the Mtech II bumper changes the whole look of a car. I'm planning to doing the same thing. However correct me if i'm wrong but I think that the M3 is on bags
maybe you can post this yet again in another 2 hrs
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #15
SK8URDEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
nice car, picture looks great. hate to see it go down the path of un-drivable

i have a hard time understanding why pay a premium for parts to slam a car where it can't be driven like it's suppose to.

ah youth, where one gauges how cool a car is by how loud the exhaust is or how low can it go without scraping. it's your car so enjoy
not going that low.... you'd be crazy if i was, i just want to get rid of that wheel gap and once i leave to japan and leave the car with my pops for 2 years raise her back up. thus the purpose i want fully adjustable coils.

also change of plans. not going with BC Coils after all. went to SD Motorsports today to talk to them about ordering them but instead the guy that makes the BMW E46 SRS Coilover kit (Status Gruppe Tuning) works there and im actually going to be going with his kit instead. He hit alot of key points i was hoping to hear about with his set up so looking forward to purchasing those from him early next month. pretty badass shop aswell with some clean lambo's in there getting worked on and his M3 is sicckkkkk