E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My Max Psi Turbo E46 M3 #002

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Sleepersown 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. My name is brian.. I been around this forum around just lurking and learning.

As for what you have been waiting for.. Well you may just have to wait a little longer. But a quick review, and some shitty iphone vids is what i have.

Outside of boost, Car feels totally normal..drivability is just like stock. When boost kicks in, then grin on my face just says it all. Especially when the car gets around 6-8000 rpms the pull is just intoxicating. Power wise i have owned a supercharged maxima with meth injection, a jeep srt8, and currently im daily driving an e55. This would walk a jeep srt 8 and up top the power is around the same with the e55, but thats just my butt dyno. The only thing its missing a little of is torque. But when you drive around a e55, you kinda of get spoiled with the torque from that car

I cant fully comment on all its power because i have bald rear tires and i know i need rtab's. Most of the time i drive with traction on as it just feels useless with tires spining through 3rd gear. I also have to granny shift and not snatch gears like im use to.. Snatching gears will make the traction control do a heavy cut to power. Also i have never really launched it. Other wise the traction control does a good job of keeping the wheels to the ground.

Im still on my stock clutch.. I feel no slippage as of yet. I say yet because im not really ripping through the gears and it only has been 2 weeks.. Just keep in mind i never changed the clutch and i bought this as a high mileage m3. So the clutch could be fairly new or really old. Either way i plan to change the clutch by summer time

As far as a few of my recomendations.. Get an electronic boost controller as i was told by luke that i wouldnt have to wait for the boost to gradually go up like im doing now. If you like your cars low please be carefull. My charge pipe is very close to the ground.. I plan to raise it a tad bit. I dont think this will be an option, but i have an open dump. It will get annoying if you daily drive with it.. The smell fill up the cabin and sometimes get into your clothes. I dont recomend it. Get a digital boost gauge.. Its just easier to read

There are more things i have to do to fully enjoy this car.. Electronic boost controller, tires, rear bushings, clutch.. But it is exactly what i was looking for. An affordable entry level kit, with much potential.

Im just waiting for mike to get back so then can explore some diffrent fueling options.. I need e85 in my life.. Rays car has been an inspiration.. If they can get a flex fueling option for this kit that would be great

Excuse my grammar, rushed to type this from a ipad

See less See more
#4 ·
take it easy on the streets of bk! Car sounds awesome!
Congrats!

#13 ·
I will thanks

Thanks
Very nice!!!!!:thumbsup:
Thanks

Thanks for the write up and videos Brian! Glad to see you are driving the thing they way it would be driven. I think I was just as excited as you were to get the car on the streets! I most definitely agree with you on the 6000 and up powerband. It's like the car hits a whole other level.

Get some videos of the cold start ups to show how well the car behaves!
Ill get some cold start vids soon
Great review, thanks for sharing.
@Luke: When can we expect to see a production kit ready for public consumption? Any word on pricing?
Thanks, no prob.
Very Nice!
thanks for the review Brian as I can only give minimal input until my setup is complete I did see your car in person and I'm glad to see you are out enjoying it. The kit truly runs like a factory car until you get on it and then the child in you cheesing from ear to ear comes out lol enjoy it and be safe out there!
Is yours the built motor or smg?
It's getting harder to say no to this kit everytime I see it. Keep the vids and pics coming!!
I will. Hard to find empty smooth roads in brooklyn.

#6 ·
Very nice!!!!!:thumbsup:

#7 ·
Thanks for the write up and videos Brian! Glad to see you are driving the thing they way it would be driven. I think I was just as excited as you were to get the car on the streets! I most definitely agree with you on the 6000 and up powerband. It's like the car hits a whole other level.

Get some videos of the cold start ups to show how well the car behaves!

#12 ·
We are targeting the end of this month for full commercial release. Currently Mike is in Uruguay tuning a slew of custom turbo builds (one of which made close to 900 whp on a 6266 with our e36 twinscroll manifold and down pipe combo which resembles our e46 header less the divider). Once he is back we will be running full on to reach our goal. Pricing will fall in the ball park of $10,000 for a catted six speed.

thanks for the review Brian as I can only give minimal input until my setup is complete I did see your car in person and I'm glad to see you are out enjoying it. The kit truly runs like a factory car until you get on it and then the child in you cheesing from ear to ear comes out lol enjoy it and be safe out there!
You will be behind the wheel of yours soon enough!! :). Progress is being made daily.

It's getting harder to say no to this kit everytime I see it. Keep the vids and pics coming!!
It is so much easier to Just say YES!!!....Seriously though....do it and you will not be disappointed.

#10 ·

#14 ·
Mine is the AW SMG setup slightly different from yours but not a built motor yet I'm currently searching for a used/blown motor as a good price to build on the side for the day I decide to really step it up a notch. Currently exploring possible meth setup/E85 as I have a station a 1/4 mile from my house :craig:

#16 ·
Great vid Brian ! Glad you're enjoying it. Gotta love those idiot cabs on the conduit ! lolol ! I'm from qnz ( live in south jerz now ) and know how it is ( especially the crappy roads ). I was shocked to see they actually fixed the south bound side. It has a pretty nice strip now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.