E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Exclamation Active Autowerke | E46 M3 Generation 7 Level 1 Vs Level 2

Active Autowerke E46 M3 Generation 7 Supercharger Kits

Race on Sunday, to sell on Monday. This old saying is indicative of the new Generation 7 supercharger system for the E46 M3. Through countless hours of testing, it has often been quoted that the true test has always been a race environment. What better venue than Brock Yates One Lap of America Race. With a rigorous 7,000 miles to be covered within a week, and to compete against the likes of Porsches, Corvettes, Nissan GTRs, this would be the testing grounds for the new Generation Active Autowerke Supercharger system. The Active Autowerke Generation 7 Supercharger System not only proved its worth by being the highest ranked BMW within the field, but also ranked 1st in its class.

The data and technology that made this winning combination is now being applied in the new Generation 7 of the Active Autowerke supercharged E46 M3 Level 2. Reliability and power are needed if you want to be on the podium, and this new Generation 7 will deliver exactly that. Consistent, repeatable runs of over 420 WHP (510 engine horsepower) were recorded from our Level 1 kit on the Active Autowerke Mustang chassis dyno in hot 94 + degree Fahrenheit conditions with humidity in the 60% + range.

The stage 2 System boosts the S54's power output to over 600BHP and includes an upgraded fuel system (includes two fuel pumps, fuel filter, all new -6 lines, fuel pressure regulator, dead end fuel rail, upgraded injectors and all required fittings). This ugpraded fuel system is a must once reaching these increased boost levels due to the fact that the factory fuel system is simply inadequate at this level. The stage 2 system also use a larger front mount air to air intercooler and our custom methanol injection system.

Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
secono330ci

My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Wow very nice Viral!
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

My Ride: 2003m3smg
nice going v

good to see you guys are uping the rhp numbers...and nice to see you are still trying to get more rhp for our e46 m3's cars...
bob
Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
Hey Viral,

On the old generation 6 Stage II dyno it was 519 rwhp and 370 rwtq - I thought with the generation 7 manifold it would be higher than the previous dyno. This reads 510 rwhp and 360 rwtq.

I was hoping to at least break 550 rwhp and 380 rwtq considering I made 440 rwhp and 316 rwtq with your Gen 6 stage 1.5:

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
LilFlip#2

My Ride: not a bimmer
viral

I need a discount for stage 2...PM the price

its Bashar

You need to harass me

LilFlip#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by secono330ci View Post
Wow very nice Viral!
Thank you for the kind words brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobm3 View Post
good to see you guys are uping the rhp numbers...and nice to see you are still trying to get more rhp for our e46 m3's cars...
bob
Thanks Bob your M3 makes some great power as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A55A55IN View Post
Hey Viral,

On the old generation 6 Stage II dyno it was 519 rwhp and 370 rwtq - I thought with the generation 7 manifold it would be higher than the previous dyno. This reads 510 rwhp and 360 rwtq.

I was hoping to at least break 550 rwhp and 380 rwtq considering I made 440 rwhp and 316 rwtq with your Gen 6 stage 1.5:

The New Gen 7 Manifold made more power in the 1 & 1.5 Kit to allow for a much more efficient Air Flow and stronger design than our previous Generation "Box Style Manifold". The Peak power can vary from vehicle to vehicle since no 2 cars can make identical power due to conditions on the vehicle mileage, condition can vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFlip#2 View Post
viral

I need a discount for stage 2...PM the price

its Bashar

You need to harass me
Check your Inbox

Don't worry I will send you a Miami Heat Tag with your Stage 2 Upgrade
Old 01-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
AAblown

My Ride: e46 m3, e36 m3, H2
SO GOOD
Old 01-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
nek0

My Ride: e85 turbo m3
Yeah I was looking into buying the gen 7 manifold but after seeing my car makes the same power with the gen6 manifold I guess I'll just be saving my money and going pro efi
nek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
LilFlip#2

I did not get your pm

Old 01-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #10
Irishace

My Ride: Dakar E36 M3
@Viral@activeautowerke, couple quiestions:

1. Do you provide the Rotrex blower option for this kit? You mentioned you have some customers use it so I was curious if you it could be requested as part of the Stage II kit? Also, any dynos of the Rotrex option?

2. These graphs on pump gas + meth?

3. I am still learning the S54, but will the DME adjust and add timing if you are running race gas? Curious to know what the power numbers might look like on race + meth.

Great looking product, appreciate answers to my questions.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAblown View Post
SO GOOD
Thank you Sir Can't wait to see the E30 M3 Project

Quote:
I did not get your pm
Check your inbox again ...... You can give me a E-Hug later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
@Viral@activeautowerke, couple quiestions:

1. Do you provide the Rotrex blower option for this kit? You mentioned you have some customers use it so I was curious if you it could be requested as part of the Stage II kit? Also, any dynos of the Rotrex option?

We did 2 Rotrex Systems as custom projects for customers. We have the ability to build these kits since we have the new Rotrex C38-92 Trim Blowers available. I will post the Dyno's once I get charts from our Engineering Department.

2. These graphs on pump gas + meth?

Majority of our Dyno's we post use 93 Octane for Pump Gas and we use Methanol as a cooling additive to prevent engine knock from high temps due to heat. The Stage 2 System come with and require Methanol to achieve the Advertised Horsepower Numbers.

3. I am still learning the S54, but will the DME adjust and add timing if you are running race gas? Curious to know what the power numbers might look like on race + meth.

We have the ability to tune to run with High Octane w/ race fuel but the DME would need to be flashed with the Software to adjust for timing. We offer a Simon Hand held device which allows you to load and change maps through flashing through the OBD2 Port. The S54 + Boost + Race Fuel & Meth = Lots of fun

Great looking product, appreciate answers to my questions.
Hopefully this helps please feel free to contact me directly via E-mail or by Phone on the number below and I will be more than glad to help answer any of your questions.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
LilFlip#2

Just pulled the plug and ordered the stage 2 from AA. I will update you guys as soon as I install. Once again thanks to Viral for taking my hard earned money

430 rwhp is getting pretty boring

Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
Brandon@activeautowerke
Sponsor

Quote:
Just pulled the plug and ordered the stage 2 from AA. I will update you guys as soon as I install. Once again thanks to Viral for taking my hard earned money

Phone: 305.233.9300 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Brandon@activeautowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
Irishace

My Ride: Dakar E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Thank you Sir Can't wait to see the E30 M3 Project

Check your inbox again ...... You can give me a E-Hug later

Hopefully this helps please feel free to contact me directly via E-mail or by Phone on the number below and I will be more than glad to help answer any of your questions.
Thanks appreciate the answers
Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #15
m3816

My Ride: M3 e46
Quote:

Congrats you will love it make sure he sends you the Heat license plate bracket too!
m3816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #16
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
Hey how come I didn't get a Heat plate frame

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #17
FragNasty

My Ride: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Gen 7

Gen 6

I have a few quick questions:

From 7.3k to 8k the torque curve seems to dip a bit do you know why? Could it be that the compressor is falling out of it's efficiency island or is a cam related issue?

I noticed the gen 6 stg II kit starts that characteristic dip at about 6.7k it seems that the gen 7 tune has managed to keep torque numbers up until later. Is that a result of a vanos tune/tweek or is it related to an upgraded compressor?

Is the gen 6 stg II is running something like 9 or 10 psi? The torque numbers are a bit higher than the gen7 stg I (8 psi).

Last edited by FragNasty; 01-16-2013 at 05:27 AM.
FragNasty is offline   Reply With Quote