E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #41
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Sorry to hear about the damage to your car but I'm sure it will come out looking even better! You have done a great job so far! Looking forward to seeing more from you
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #42
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
Dude I love your car it's really clean! btw on the steering wheel do your smg paddles function? did you have to do special wiring or plug and play?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #43
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Sorry to hear about the damage to your car but I'm sure it will come out looking even better! You have done a great job so far! Looking forward to seeing more from you
Thanks man! Yeah it should look even better when its finished. Coils are probably gonna go in this spring, then whatever other suspension parts need to be refreshed. Thats probably all I will do with her! Then just enjoy her

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Dude I love your car it's really clean! btw on the steering wheel do your smg paddles function? did you have to do special wiring or plug and play?
Thanks I wanted to keep her cleanly modded. Stuck to OEM styling as much as possible. You're car is so clean as well!!

Yes the SMG paddles are functional. I connected them to my step-transmission (I know manuals are more fun, but i've had her for 4 years with no issues. So she does the job. haha). But the paddles make it so much more fun to drive! In order to retrofit the SMG steering wheel you need an SMG clock spring. This has the extra connection for the paddles to plug into. I had to take off the steering column cover and replace the clock spring. Then I got a few connectors from the dealer which plug into the clock spring. Then I extended the wires down through the column and around into the shifter area. Then you just tap into the two wires used for up-shift and down-shift and you're good to go! The entire install took less than an hour. Probably the best mod I've done to my car. There are many DIY's on how to do this too. Hope this helped

Oh and i'll post more pictures after I install the extended paddles. I'll also make a video of how the paddles work with the steptronic!

Last edited by TallSkinnyMatt; 01-10-2013 at 02:48 AM.
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #44
patrickmurray2

My Ride: 2005 bmw 330i e46
Looks amazing man!! Really like the way the trim turned out!
patrickmurray2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #45
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickmurray2 View Post
Looks amazing man!! Really like the way the trim turned out!
Thanks a lot! The trim is one of the best mod for the money I think! With just a little patience it makes all the difference!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #46
THECLEANERBEAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
Thanks a lot! The trim is one of the best mod for the money I think! With just a little patience it makes all the difference!
Yeah I just ordered material to wrap mine in carbon fiber
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #47
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Yeah I just ordered material to wrap mine in carbon fiber
Awesome! Its gonna look so good
Old 01-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #48
THECLEANERBEAMER

I can't wait! Haha
Also just letting you know before and about the time i just joined the forum I watched all your youtube videos about your car
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #49
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
I can't wait! Haha
Also just letting you know before and about the time i just joined the forum I watched all your youtube videos about your car
Haha nice!! Its been a while since I posted a new video... Glad I could help out! Gonna post many new vids soon including the new paddles, my exhaust, and close up of the trim. My buddy just got his Hero3 so hopefully I can actually make a decent video of my TSE3. Haven't found any really good ones out there yet. So stay tuned haha
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #50
TallSkinnyMatt

Couple updates. Picked up the car today! She's been gone for a couple weeks. They did an amazing job with the repairs. The new OEM rear bumper fits so well!! Much better than my aftermarket one ever did. Snapped a few pics, but it was already getting dark. I'll post better ones soon!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #51
Alpine

My Ride: 2002 E46 BMW 330Ci
Beautiful ride, sir. And I see your 330Ci badge has discreetly disappeared
Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #52
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Beautiful ride, sir. And I see your 330Ci badge has discreetly disappeared
They actually forgot to put the badge back on... haha. Haven't decided if I quite like it yet. I'll probably have them put it back on. I like the badge
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #53
nihad05

My Ride: E92 335i
Beautiful work! love every part youve done to your care.
Are you dropped(if so what on) or is that just a Pshop in your sig?
also, what specs are your wheels?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #54
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Nice to see everything came out better for you Matt!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #55
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad05 View Post
Beautiful work! love every part youve done to your care.
Are you dropped(if so what on) or is that just a Pshop in your sig?
also, what specs are your wheels?
Thanks a lot! I am currently on stock sports right now, but my Koni yellows are arriving tomorrow Still haven't decided on what springs to get. I'm thinking either Eibach Sportlines or Hotchkis (since I found an awesome local deal). If anyone has any input on what springs would be a good match for the Koni's let me know!

My wheels are Front: 19x8.5 ET40 with a 245/35 tire. Rears: 19x9.5 ET45 with a 265/30 tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Nice to see everything came out better for you Matt!
Thanks a lot Charlie And thanks for all the questions you answered for me. haha. I have some major updates the next couple weeks or so. Finishing up my interior and suspension then i'll be set for a while! haha
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #56
nihad05

[QUOTE=TallSkinnyMatt;15091566]Thanks a lot! I am currently on stock sports right now, but my Koni yellows are arriving tomorrow Still haven't decided on what springs to get. I'm thinking either Eibach Sportlines or Hotchkis (since I found an awesome local deal). If anyone has any input on what springs would be a good match for the Koni's let me know!

My wheels are Front: 19x8.5 ET40 with a 245/35 tire. Rears: 19x9.5 ET45 with a 265/30 tire.

keep us posted on that suspension!
any rubbing with those tires?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #57
TallSkinnyMatt

[QUOTE=nihad05;15091718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
Thanks a lot! I am currently on stock sports right now, but my Koni yellows are arriving tomorrow Still haven't decided on what springs to get. I'm thinking either Eibach Sportlines or Hotchkis (since I found an awesome local deal). If anyone has any input on what springs would be a good match for the Koni's let me know!

keep us posted on that suspension!
any rubbing with those tires?
Will do. I do not want it that low (for practical means), but maybe a mild drop. But i'll update as soon as its finished! I am not rubbing at all with these tires. Even with the suspension I shouldn't have any issues since the offset is pretty high. I used to run a 19x9.5ET 33 offset in the rear, but decided I wanted a real tire as well as not being a fan of the poke. I am very happy with my current setup.

Last edited by TallSkinnyMatt; 01-24-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #58
nihad05

thanks for the info, cant wait to see more pics
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #59
TallSkinnyMatt

Couple updates. Pics still from iPhone so not the best quality.

Here are some more pics of the car after the repairs! The shop did an amazing job.

OEM MTech rear.

Also picked up an HID fog light kit. Install was pretty easy and for the price i'm really pleased! Much better than the old bulbs I had there.

And I finally got around to installing my aluminum SMG paddles.

Here is the comparison between the original and aluminum

And final... Very happy I got them. Feels much better than my old cracked ones!

Haven't got around to installing my pedals yet... I'll do that sometime.

Besides that next weekend I should be doing more maintenance. Oil change and replacing many bushings in the rear suspension. I also have my Koni Yellows and will put those on in the next two weeks Gonna be a big update for my suspension! Hopefully i'll have my suspension completely refreshed in the next couple months.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #60
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
Matt.... VERY well done! An absolutely stunning automobile!