E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #21
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
I don't understand why so many people are so unwilling to appreciate creativity, innovation and craftsmanship. Sure you may not like to see an e46 covered in APC mods and stickers but does it really affect you or how people view your ride? If anything it just makes you look better right? This is an example that far transcends anything like that as well, so few people on here could execute this project with the skill and craftsmanship involved let alone the creative vision.

FTR, I think you should mount a huge mad max style blower and see if this thing can take flight! :thumbsup
Old 01-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #22
ngillan

My Ride: Is in a salvage yard
Can somebody please explain to me the Latino gentleman's face showing up in people's sigs......

'07 328i - Montego Blue

Dead
'84 Mercedes 190E
'95 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
'95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
'99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
'98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
'99 Cadillac STS
'02 BMW 325ci
ngillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #23
bodycustom1

My Ride: custom 04
Send a message via ICQ to bodycustom1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
weight distribution for one
It actually wieghs 180 lbs more since built I think that might get it closer to 50-50
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	orange bmw 014.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	485533   Click image for larger version

Name:	orange bmw 034.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	485534  
bodycustom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #24
UNFORGIVEN
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Bagged Stang, 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
I don't understand why so many people are so unwilling to appreciate creativity, innovation and craftsmanship.
I agree 100%. Who wants to look the same as every one else? The innovators stand out.

bodycustom... I'm still hoping to come meet with you when it gets warm out and after my motor swap.

Special thanks to Mr. AWD for the new sig...
UNFORGIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #25
E46er75

My Ride: 323i Vert, 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngillan View Post
Can somebody please explain to me the Latino gentleman's face showing up in people's sigs......
Not even worth an explaination. I mean look at this thread.
E46er75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #26
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Ruined a fine e46 IMO.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #27
Levim9

My Ride: S54 325i
It was totaled when he bought it. It's not like he bought an intact E46 and chopped it up.

I actually like the idea and the craftsmanship is great. Looking forward to seeing the new tail light design. I can't say that I want an e46 mini truck but I can appreciate the work he's put into it. It draws a crowd at car shows. Didn't get a chance to meet you at the Bloomsburg car show this summer but I'm sure I'll run into you in the next couple months.

Last edited by Levim9; 01-10-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Levim9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #28
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngillan View Post
It's related to a joke in NorCal regional forum not worth explaining as too esoteric but not that funny to begin with. It will pass.

Glad I'm not the only one who likes it and thinks hating is lame, why waste your time, move along...

Last edited by hizhinezz; 01-11-2013 at 05:24 AM.
hizhinezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #29
bodycustom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black E46 sedan View Post
It was totaled when he bought it. It's not like he bought an intact E46 and chopped it up.

I actually like the idea and the craftsmanship is great. Looking forward to seeing the new tail light design. I can't say that I want an e46 mini truck but I can appreciate the work he's put into it. It draws a crowd at car shows. Didn't get a chance to meet you at the Bloomsburg car show this summer but I'm sure I'll run into you in the next couple months.
thanx i'll be around at shows in summer CU around my next project-
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4860.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	485581  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #30
UNFORGIVEN
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Bagged Stang, 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaider93 View Post
I feel bad you're such a stickler for originality. At least he tried something else and there is a little variety in this forum. It's not yours so quit trying to force everyone else to hate it. All you had to do was say "I don't like it" and be done, but no.

Please sell your car and get a Soul, you wouldn't be missed.
Spence... don't even waste your breath bro. He is entitled to his own opinion. No matter how much he hates it, he can't force people like us to stick with the "cookie cutter" mentality.

It is what it is.

Special thanks to Mr. AWD for the new sig...
UNFORGIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #31
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodycustom1 View Post
Backwards???
some say the rear is backwards
I think the - side gills- look good on mine!
not many notice, when I was building her I was goin to cut em in like the normal bmw. What is normal???
If you like it thats all that matters. Normal to me is going by the standards of BMW...Standards being the way BMW had designed it, so facing the other way in this case. The first time I saw this truck in person (think was in Glen Cove, LI) I liked it best in black. The black as sleek, wheels were clean and oem with no hood scoop or side gills. Like I said if it makes you happy thats all that matters, but to me there's just too much going on with it now.

co-founder of
euro techniks

Last edited by NorthJersey 3er; 01-11-2013 at 11:14 AM.
NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #32
E46er75

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNFORGIVEN View Post
Spence... don't even waste your breath bro. He is entitled to his own opinion. No matter how much he hates it, he can't force people like us to stick with the "cookie cutter" mentality.

It is what it is.
FYI, I am all for change and new things but this is just a stupid arguement. Seriously, remember the Subaru Brat? That thing was terrible in it's day, very few people bought them, they're not appealing to most, hence that's why you don't see them anymore.

I'm just saying that this car is not an original and designs like this have been around for years. Let's not forget the car that this is named after the El Camino. Another joke!

To take a BMW and turn it into one of the most biggest flops as far as designing goes is just a waste.

How many designs like this are in development.... I'll wait.....

Last edited by E46er75; 01-11-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #33
E46er75

Just in case you don't know this 1974 Subaru Brat.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #34
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46er75 View Post
FYI, I am all for change and new things but this is just a stupid arguement. Seriously, remember the Subaru Brat? That thing was terrible in it's day, very few people bought them, they're not appealing to most, hence that's why you don't see them anymore.

I'm just saying that this car is not an original and designs like this have been around for years. Let's not forget the car that this is named after the El Camino. Another joke!

To take a BMW and turn it into one of the most biggest flops as far as designing goes is just a waste.

How many designs like this are in development.... I'll wait.....
The Brat was a commercial failure but in many ways ahead of it's time as s small awd sporty utility vehicle, basically one of a kind then, first crossover?... Todays maybe not open back but those kinds of cars/utes everywhere now. Also don't forget they relaunched a Forrester version of it for a few years and many people bought them and tons of people out here in CA and unrusted West love and restore and drive el Caminos/Ford Rancheros. No they didn't sell too many Brats but it was a very cool little thing, loved the optional open air back seats. Ever ride back there as a kid? Pure unadulterated outdoor jeeplike FUN, with seatbelts. El Caminos always draw attention at car shows too, watch.

Unquestionable: Custom cars are art; art is in eye of beholder and value/quality is infinitely subjective..

Last edited by hizhinezz; 01-12-2013 at 09:59 AM.
hizhinezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #35
E46er75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
The Brat was a commercial failure but in many ways ahead of it's time as s small awd sporty utility vehicle, basically one of a kind then, first crossover?... Todays maybe not open back but those kinds of cars/utes everywhere now. Also don't forget they relaunched a Forrester version of it for a few years and many people bought them and tons of people out here in CA and unrusted West love and restore and drive el Caminos/Ford Rancheros. No they didn't sell too many Brats but it was a very cool little thing, loved the optional open air back seats. Ever ride back there as a kid? Pure unadulterated outdoor jeeplike FUN, with seatbelts. El Caminos always draw attention at car shows too, watch.

Unquestionable: Custom cars are art; art is in eye of beholder and value/quality is infinitely subjective..

There so cool and in such demand that's way they don't make them anymore

I believe when you meant the Baja not the forrester..

either way it was another joke just like all those faces on your sig...

Last edited by E46er75; 01-12-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #36
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Awesome

What was your reason for the build? Did the car get damaged or did you just decide to do it one day?

Last edited by hi its me alec; 01-13-2013 at 10:01 AM.
hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #37
bodycustom1

el ca-bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
Awesome

What was your reason for the build? Did the car get damaged or did you just decide to do it one day?
originally I bought the car to fix up for my ol lady to drive, I was lookin for a rear clip. my dad came in the shop 1 mornin and said "why don't you measure up the bed outside looks like it will fit on your bmw". it got started from there. I bought it from copart hit in rear hard enough to total it. [I] have alot of fun with it, gets alot of looks, at the turkey run daytona this year was a big hit even with old time rodders, 949 miles in 12 hrs. 10 min.
I have more fun to and from shows than at em??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4961.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	485986  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #38
msbhvn

My Ride: Coupe
http://www.m5ute.com.au/

Proof that it can be done right....just need the money of a PGA pro
msbhvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #39
bodycustom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbhvn View Post
http://www.m5ute.com.au/

Proof that it can be done right....just need the money of a PGA pro
I bought it for 8grand from copart, I had the bed already, after color change, wheels, and a couple odds and ends I have around 12-13 grand into her -and probably around 275-300 hrs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	soapbox2012 034.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	486150  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #40
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
l would so rock this