E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #16041
GRIFFIN
NWS
 
GRIFFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,700
My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
__________________

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #16042
v8 5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jarzy, New Jarzy
Posts: 343
My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkeiS2K View Post
That 5er picture looks like something you would see on ebay marketing cheap car parts. The E92 on the other hand looks clean (at least from that angle).
it wasn't a 5 it was a new f30 3 series n00b
__________________
Gutted with a Getrag



We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #16043
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Other than the camberstance I like it.

And FU hating in cf interior Mires!
Race cars use carbon fiber to save weight, and paint over it... why are you using fake carbon fiber vinyl to add weight. WHY MATT, WHY!!!
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #16044
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
it wasn't a 5 it was a new f30 3 series n00b
I know... Class of '05.
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #16045
albeee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 45,829
My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Race cars use carbon fiber to save weight, and paint over it... why are you using fake carbon fiber vinyl to add weight. WHY MATT, WHY!!!
Reminds me of that CF Smart car that ended up being heavier than a normal Smart car.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Bimmer App
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #16046
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
Reminds me of that CF Smart car that ended up being heavier than a normal Smart car.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Bimmer App
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #16047
323ci newbie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 29,261
My Ride: mkodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
Reminds me of that CF Smart car that ended up being heavier than a normal Smart car.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Bimmer App
What a flail

And waste of money
__________________
323ci newbie is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #16048
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
lol, funny thread with flashtwodix, tim, gheybe, and tattoedsailor: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...196&highlight=
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #16049
GRIFFIN
NWS
 
GRIFFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,700
My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
lol, funny thread with flashtwodix, tim, gheybe, and tattoedsailor: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...196&highlight=
__________________

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #16050
hizhinezz
Outlier
 
hizhinezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,509
My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Race cars use carbon fiber to save weight, and paint over it... why are you using fake carbon fiber vinyl to add weight. WHY MATT, WHY!!!
On roof and trunk it was to hide scratches from having branches fall on my car during autumn New England storm. Could almost buff them out but not quite, plus I thought it would flow better with the cf hood and make it look a little different, I've had a lot of compliments but given from the kind of admirers you might not pursue (dayum that looks dope etc.) but I think Don Ns job was top notch lets just face it you guys do not like a lot of mods; I do not court the FnF crowd but I am modding for both performance purposes and to customize a bit to be uniquely mine. I mean... Bilstein, BBS, Dinan, UUC, ACS, ECS, BavAutowerkes, Turner... It's not like I'm covering the car in APC stickers and fake performance parts...

As for the interior trim, I simply do not dig the myrtle wood over tan, feels very Lexus to me. Much prefer Eurosport looks... Now that I've sourced a black interior, need to find something to replace wood and have two extra sets of cube trim. I guess I'll wrap one and paint the other (blue? Silver?) and see which one I like best. Ill keep oem set of wood to reinstall at some point and sell whichever set I don't want...

Do you reay like wood over black, or even tan? Doesn't shout sporty to me...
__________________
hizhinezz is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #16051
hizhinezz
Outlier
 
hizhinezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,509
My Ride: 01 330i
Also at some point ill get the whole exterior painted and only leave traces of exposed cf in strategic places. First need to acquire correct trunk and hopefully roof maybe even fenders and or bumpers!
__________________
hizhinezz is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #16052
GRIFFIN
NWS
 
GRIFFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,700
My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
__________________

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #16053
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
On roof and trunk it was to hide scratches from having branches fall on my car during autumn New England storm. Could almost buff them out but not quite, plus I thought it would flow better with the cf hood and make it look a little different, I've had a lot of compliments but given from the kind of admirers you might not pursue (dayum that looks dope etc.) but I think Don Ns job was top notch lets just face it you guys do not like a lot of mods; I do not court the FnF crowd but I am modding for both performance purposes and to customize a bit to be uniquely mine. I mean... Bilstein, BBS, Dinan, UUC, ACS, ECS, BavAutowerkes, Turner... It's not like I'm covering the car in APC stickers and fake performance parts...

As for the interior trim, I simply do not dig the myrtle wood over tan, feels very Lexus to me. Much prefer Eurosport looks... Now that I've sourced a black interior, need to find something to replace wood and have two extra sets of cube trim. I guess I'll wrap one and paint the other (blue? Silver?) and see which one I like best. Ill keep oem set of wood to reinstall at some point and sell whichever set I don't want...

Do you reay like wood over black, or even tan? Doesn't shout sporty to me...
Dunno, hard to work with tan interiors, and yes, the stock wood is horrible.
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #16054
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Also at some point ill get the whole exterior painted and only leave traces of exposed cf in strategic places. First need to acquire correct trunk and hopefully roof maybe even fenders and or bumpers!
Hizriceness

Why Matt? Why!!!!
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #16055
hizhinezz
Outlier
 
hizhinezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,509
My Ride: 01 330i
If the cf is painted how is that rice?
__________________
hizhinezz is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #16056
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
If the cf is painted how is that rice?
Because you have an E46 sedan and I haven't seen any track videos or pictures yet.
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #16057
hizhinezz
Outlier
 
hizhinezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,509
My Ride: 01 330i
Yet to come my friend yet to come.
__________________
hizhinezz is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #16058
hizhinezz
Outlier
 
hizhinezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,509
My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Because you have an E46 sedan and I haven't seen any track videos or pictures yet.
And no light weight affects on the 190? Any cf is rice?
__________________
hizhinezz is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #16059
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
And no light weight affects on the 190? Any cf is rice?
It's hard not to be rice with carbon fiber.
__________________

mkodama is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #16060
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,936
My Ride: mid-engine
anyone online? bored.
king kong is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use