E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
A.TRN E46//

My Ride: Silver-Grey FL coupe
Exclamation how do i remove headlight bulbs for low beam and high beam from an 04 325ci?

I've just joined and was able to open up the lid that houses low beams but i dont know how to undo the bulb. Also is there a way to open driver side high beam cap without removing headlight? and yes my car is a facelift 04 coupe. thanks so much for repsonses!
A.TRN E46// is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
with or without factory xenons? it's a little bit different for each.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.TRN E46// View Post
I've just joined and was able to open up the lid that houses low beams but i dont know how to undo the bulb. Also is there a way to open driver side high beam cap without removing headlight? and yes my car is a facelift 04 coupe. thanks so much for repsonses!
I think you have to take the headlight out. I can't remember though. Do you have xenons or the halogen projectors?

For others, remember that his facelift coupe has unique headlights. The other E46 headlight practices do not apply here.
WDE46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
A.TRN E46//

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
with or without factory xenons? it's a little bit different for each.
they are without xenons, just normal halogen. also thanks so much for the quick response!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
A.TRN E46//

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
I think you have to take the headlight out. I can't remember though. Do you have xenons or the halogen projectors?

For others, remember that his facelift coupe has unique headlights. The other E46 headlight practices do not apply here.
yeah i just have the normal halogen lights haha. also, thanks so much for the quick response! i just got an e46 so im afraid to do something wrong to it haha
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
WDE46

If you can reach the back of the headlight, you just need to twist the connector with the wires on it to the left like you are undoing a regular bolt. It should just pop out. These aren't really any different than any normal headlights.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
sillieidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
If you can reach the back of the headlight, you just need to twist the connector with the wires on it to the left like you are undoing a regular bolt. It should just pop out. These aren't really any different than any normal headlights.
for facelifted coupe, you don't twist at all.

there is a cover on the back of the headlights. pop it off. then you will see the bulb. attached to it should be a black connector, just pull it off. next you will have to take off the metal clip that holds the bulb in place. you just have to unhook it from whatever is holding it in place and you're done.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
WDE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
for facelifted coupe, you don't twist at all.

there is a cover on the back of the headlights. pop it off. then you will see the bulb. attached to it should be a black connector, just pull it off. next you will have to take off the metal clip that holds the bulb in place. you just have to unhook it from whatever is holding it in place and you're done.
Ah, okay. I couldn't remember what it look like when I last removed my lights. I'm thinking of your average everyday halogen lights.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #9
A.TRN E46//

a little late on this cuz i havent logged on in a while and i forgot my pw lol. but thanks so much guys, it worked! also im trying to change my front turn signal bulbs and dont know how either. it seems to have a stalk but i do not know how to remove it. Also @sillieidiot, ive gone through so many lighting-oriented posts and your name pops up a lot you seem to know so much! not to be a creeper but im wondering what your headlight set up is with angeles bulbs and everything thanks so much :]!!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #10
sillieidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.TRN E46// View Post
a little late on this cuz i havent logged on in a while and i forgot my pw lol. but thanks so much guys, it worked! also im trying to change my front turn signal bulbs and dont know how either. it seems to have a stalk but i do not know how to remove it. Also @sillieidiot, ive gone through so many lighting-oriented posts and your name pops up a lot you seem to know so much! not to be a creeper but im wondering what your headlight set up is with angeles bulbs and everything thanks so much :]!!
thanks. yea i always get PMs of people saying "when in doubt, PM sillie" lol

currently i just have 5000k Osram CBI low beams, with 5000k LED corners from F1 autohaus (not sure if they are still around). For angels I have prototype EAS Aurora's for the FL coupe. They never released them, but if you wanted LED angels. Umnitza is your best bet.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #11
A.TRN E46//

oh i see.. yeah i saw your garage pics..again no creeper haha and its looks so sick! yeah i saw all your responses and thought "this guy is good" haha. i hope you dont mind if i PM you if i have any inquiries haha

Tags
bulbs, diy, headlight, light, lights