E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #81
navy_guy

My Ride: BMW 318i E46
I just installed mine over the weekend, took me a little over 90 minutes, had never done that before and the sound is just great! Better than the FM signal crap! Only thing is, having a bit of trouble as I have a Professional with tape deck. Have to play around to work out how to select between songs, playlists etc
navy_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #82
aleksk

My Ride: 2004 330xi
Hi, I've had Silverline in my 330xi for a couple of years now and had no problems using it with my iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S. I recently had my 4S replaced at an Apple store because my wake/sleep button stopped working. The new 4S is not working with the unit. It does charge, but I am unable to listen to music. The head unit says DETACHED and no matter what I try it won't recognize the phone. I've tried unplugging power for a few hours to reset the unit, but still no go. I don't understand why it won't work with the new phone when it worked just fine with other 4S units, mine and friends'.
aleksk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #83
nojoda

My Ride: 06 M3Vert 6MT JB/CIN
I hope you guys could help me as this is my third installed involving dice. 1st was dension in my old m3. 2nd was dice in my a4, and this is my 3rd in my current m3. Its a regular dice unit not a media bridge, It's not recognizing the device. I used my iphone 4s and my ipod nano 4th gen. The only thing I didn't try was disconnecting the battery, which I will do tomorrow morning. What can I do? I tried all the troubleshooting steps disconnecting the 3 pin connector in the trunk for a minute, giving it time to recognize the ipod/iphone, waited 30 minutes resetting the dice unit with no cables attached and still no luck. The other installs i never had any problems and this one is acting up. My m3 has OEM bluetooth if that matters? highly doubt it.. I know my pin of the bluetooth module btw, it was a mission to find it in my convertible lol

2006 BMW M3 VERT 6MT (CURRENT)
2007 B7 AUDI A4 2.0T CVT FWD (BRILLIANT BLACK) TRADED

2002 E46 BMW M3 SMG II (TIAG) RIP

INSTAGRAM : itsjorgebrah

Last edited by nojoda; 10-19-2012 at 09:14 PM.
nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #84
nojoda

My Ride: 06 M3Vert 6MT JB/CIN
Posting on here again as most people to post the fix or the solution to the problem.

I went ahead and re-inspected every cable involve with the connection before disconnecting the battery.
Then I saw one brown wire connected to a plastic piece with a fuse inside. Right next to that fuse there was a hanging brown wire
and put 2 and 2 together and realized they both needed to be connected to the same fuse.

voila problem solved, although its a tiny wire, and hanging alone sort of looked like a ground wire, but to the trained eye
it should be a no brainier.

to a noob like me, it took about 15 mins of investigating the wires.

2006 BMW M3 VERT 6MT (CURRENT)
2007 B7 AUDI A4 2.0T CVT FWD (BRILLIANT BLACK) TRADED

2002 E46 BMW M3 SMG II (TIAG) RIP

INSTAGRAM : itsjorgebrah
nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #85
amadorj

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Cool Dice DUO

I recently installed the Dice DUO in my 2005 BMW 330xi w/Nav. Worked great!!! I connected to the unused port from the SAT. Well that was two months ago and today the unit just stopped working. When I hit the mode button on the NAV it goes to INT for a short time but does nothing. I'm using a iPod Classic which works fine. Any ideas what I need to do to get going again? Thanks
-Jesse
amadorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #86
MacSTi

My Ride: 2005 STi
Since it looks like the SCC1 Sirius tuner is being discontinued, does the new SXV200V1 work with the Duo? My SCC1 seems to be having issues with sound quality while my iPod works perfect. If the connectors are the same, I'll try it and report back.
MacSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #87
boltonic

My Ride: 2005 325cic
Just bought the iPhone 5 and bought the lighting adaptor but seems like it doesn't work with 5. Is Dice working on this?
boltonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #88
Hovs13

My Ride: E46 325ci
I use the usb/lightning connector that came with iphone 5 and works perfectly with dice, so I'm assuming the 30pin to lightning connector should also work. You also have the ability to set your source when playing songs on the iphone, so make sure you set it to mediabridge.
Hovs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #89
MacSTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovs13 View Post
I use the usb/lightning connector that came with iphone 5 and works perfectly with dice, so I'm assuming the 30pin to lightning connector should also work. You also have the ability to set your source when playing songs on the iphone, so make sure you set it to mediabridge.
The 30 pin to lightning works fine for me.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #90
boltonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovs13 View Post
How did you connect the cable to the unit? It doesn't have a usb connection.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #91
boltonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSTi View Post
The 30 pin to lightning works fine for me.
Did you buy the apple version or a knockoff from ebay?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #92
MacSTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltonic View Post
Did you buy the apple version or a knockoff from ebay?
I had the connector pre ordered from apple when it first came out. So OEM.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #93
keebos

My Ride: 325ci
Media Bridge not being recognized by CD player

Hi,
I installed the media bridge with bluetooth 1500 in my 2001 325ci almost two years ago and it has worked perfectly from the start. However, yesterday I turned on my car and all of a sudden the unit is no longer being recognized by the cd mode button. Has ayone else experienced this? And if so is there a quick easy test I could perform before removing the glove box to get to the unit and try resetting? And if that is my only option should I still do a firmware update even though until now the unit worked great? Any assistance is appreciated.
keebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #94
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
I know this thread is old but im experiencing a problem with the dice unit that came with the car. The PO used an AUX cable i managed to make it work with the ipod specific cord. The cord kind sheared therefor only playing out of one speaker. I picked up an Aux cord but it will not play anything now... 02 M3 with nav

Questions: Where should the switches be?
CD number and track, do they matter?

Help me out! Please
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #95
Driver08

My Ride: '88 325is, '04 ZHP
Sat radio presets

I installed a dice duo yesterday. I have had to unplug it to reset once already but it is now working and I think the sound quality is actually quite good. However I can't get it to store Sirius stations. Whenever I try it jumps back to preview station 184. As stated I an earlier post it's is really a time consuming PIA to manually tune sat stations. Someone previously posted they switched to a laternheadunit to solve this. I really do not want to have to do that. Car is an '04 with a 9/03 production date. BMW business CD. Thanks for any help.
Driver08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #96
Driver08

Presets

I had failed to see the notation to hold the RND button while entering stations in SAT mode. Working now.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #97
lllRazorlll

My Ride: '00 328i
I just installed the kit and now am having issues hearing sound. I have the 3-pin cable connected from the CD changer plugged into the device and then a wire from the device to the ash tray. This wire is the cable to plug the phone in. When it is plugged in, the volume adjuster disappears and I don't hear sound. What am I doing wrong?
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #98
Driver08

Sound

I had the same problem. For adjusting volume on the iPhone/iPod unplug it from the cable to set it. When I had no sound I unplugged everything, waited and hooked it back up and it worked.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #99
lllRazorlll

My Ride: '00 328i
I just fixed the issue: the 3-pin cable was in the wrong connector and the 6-pin wasn't even plugged in at all. I didn't realized that there was a second wrapped-up packaging of cables by the CD changer and there I found the proper 3-pin cable and the 6-pin to hook it up properly. Problem solved.
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #100
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
What CD.Track Number does it need to be on for an AUX cord??????
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote