E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

View Poll Results: What's your opinion..??
M54B30 F/I 11 26.83%
S54 SWAP 6 14.63%
M3 E46 COUPE 24 58.54%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #21
SKIPPY PB

My Ride: YZ125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon@activeautowerke View Post
Our Level one kit is rated at 365 BHP and 270 ft/lbs torque and runs on 8.0 psi.

The kit will definitely perform in Greece. We have a few kits over there and have one shipping out to cyprus as we speak. All of our kits are designed and tested in South Florida where the weather is hot and tropical year round and perform great.

The Level 1 supercharger system does not include an intercooler. On the other hand, our level 2 system does.

We should be having some promotions like that soon. If you're interested in a price, I can pm you one

Is your charger rebuildable now?
SKIPPY PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #22
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Our Level one kit is rated at 365 BHP and 270 ft/lbs torque and runs on 8.0 psi.

Output varies depending on weather and engine condition (compression, mileage, etc.)

The kit will definitely perform in Greece. We have a few kits over there and have one shipping out to cyprus as we speak. All of our kits are designed and tested in South Florida where the weather is hot and tropical year round and perform great.

The Level 1 supercharger system does not include an intercooler. On the other hand, our level 2 system does.

We should be having some promotions like that soon. If you're interested in a price, I can pm you one
I've never seen an AA stage 1 making that power. Maybe you can post some dynos up, with some afrs

Last edited by xixixi; 01-13-2013 at 03:37 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #23
Brandon@activeautowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
I've never seen an AA stage 1 making that power. Maybe you can post some dynos up, with some afrs
I will try to get some dyno charts tomorrow as I am doing this from my house and dont have any on me at the moment.
Phone: 305.233.9300 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Brandon@activeautowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
zaharias

My Ride: Now has a 3lt :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
think you answered your own question right there.

grab a sc kit.. you can install them on a weekend... boosted m54 by monday, best of luck
hahaha!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #25
zaharias

Quote:

Output varies depending on weather and engine condition (compression, mileage, etc.)

Do you have any 330 in Greece with this kit that i can see-drive-talk with the owner?
That's alot oh hp for stage 1..
Pm me a price.
Thanks.
Also, what maintainance a supercharger needs..??

Last edited by zaharias; 01-13-2013 at 04:35 PM.
zaharias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #26
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
have you considered a technique tuning turbo kit? it's a bolt on, turn-key kit that can be installed in a weekend and makes about 315whp and 300wtq, much more than any stage 1 supercharger kit can make.
daemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #27
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonicus View Post
have you considered a technique tuning turbo kit? it's a bolt on, turn-key kit that can be installed in a weekend and makes about 315whp and 300wtq, much more than any stage 1 supercharger kit can make.
TT for sure, Nick G knows what he is doing. It damn sure won't lean out.. like many other kits have and continue to...
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #28
Brandon@activeautowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaharias View Post
Do you have any 330 in Greece with this kit that i can see-drive-talk with the owner?
That's alot oh hp for stage 1..
Pm me a price.
Thanks.
Also, what maintainance a supercharger needs..??
Pm sent
Phone: 305.233.9300 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Brandon@activeautowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:18 AM   #29
SweTurbo
Banned User

My Ride: 323i -98
I dont see the point in swapping in a S54 in a coupe, just sell and get the /M instead.

Sedan's should have come with the S54 standard

But i vote for TT on the M54 or the AA kit
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #30
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
I don't understand. You want better performance but you don't have enough money so you are looking at inferior solutions. You need to sort out your priorities (and probably wait few months to save up).
Old 01-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #31
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPY PB View Post
Is your charger rebuildable now?
Rotrex and HKS Chargers are non-rebuildable...
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #32
zaharias

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweTurbo View Post
I dont see the point in swapping in a S54 in a coupe, just sell and get the /M instead.

Sedan's should have come with the S54 standard

But i vote for TT on the M54 or the AA kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
I don't understand. You want better performance but you don't have enough money so you are looking at inferior solutions. You need to sort out your priorities (and probably wait few months to save up).
Guys.. Everything is f up with the economic crisis here..
I just don't want to sell my 330 ridiculously cheap and add nearly 15K for a proper M..
For trade, they want my 330 + 10K for 2001-2 Ms with 100K kms that are not well maintained..
Thats why i prefer to keep my 330 and either sell my 330 engine and add a few cash and do a S54, or go M54 F/I..
Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #33
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
Short answer is FI M54.
All kits are going to give you better usable power (low end torque) compared to stock S54.

I happen to be a big fan of twinscrew design. While the dyno numbers might not be as high as centrifugal SC or turbos the throttle response and torque is worth the extra money.

The S54 will only make sense if you ever want to take your car over 350whp.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #34
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat
The S54 will only make sense if you ever want to take your car over 350whp.
a stage 2 Technique Tuning kit, with a full 3" exhaust can make close to, if not right at, 400whp and more importantly, unlike supercharger kits, you're going to also be pretty close to 400wtq, which is even higher than Max PSI's new m3 turbo kit can produce. if you can be happy with 350-400, then go ahead and boost the m54, if you think you'll ever want more than that, get the s54.
daemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #35
AndyN

My Ride: ESS TS2 325ci
Man if you love the car just go FI on it! You know what engine is in it, you have done your own maintenance on it and you want to make more power. It makes sense to go FI. It will give you close to the power of the m3 without the insurance and road tax of an m3!

I have the ESS unit but I put it on an old 325 running on the wrong tune etc and as a result blew the engine but I am currenntly spending Shed loads of money putting a 3.0L engine in and transferring my ESS unit over to it. Financially it would make much more sense to go out and buy an m3 but if you are already heavily modified or have an unexplainable love for your current car just go do it!!

The torque and low rpm boost of an ESS unit has made me take out a loan to get it back up and running, thats how much love I have for ESS! haha
Old 01-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #36
zaharias

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Man if you love the car just go FI on it! You know what engine is in it, you have done your own maintenance on it and you want to make more power. It makes sense to go FI. It will give you close to the power of the m3 without the insurance and road tax of an m3!

I have the ESS unit but I put it on an old 325 running on the wrong tune etc and as a result blew the engine but I am currenntly spending Shed loads of money putting a 3.0L engine in and transferring my ESS unit over to it. Financially it would make much more sense to go out and buy an m3 but if you are already heavily modified or have an unexplainable love for your current car just go do it!!

The torque and low rpm boost of an ESS unit has made me take out a loan to get it back up and running, thats how much love I have for ESS! haha
You got my point man..
It's not only that i love my car.. and that i ve spent a lot of money into it since 2007..
It' difficult to find a good decent ///M here, selling mine + some cash.. they want me to pay 10K+, money that i have, but don't want to spend cause i believe it's not worth it.. As i said before, good Ms sell here around 18-22K, but they are n't interested in trade.. everybody with the economic crisis wants cash!!!! They don't buy expensive cars and cars over 2000cc..
And yes.. the insurance and road tax of an m3 is an extra cost.. which here in Greece is alot (1.100 euro is the road tax for the M3!!!!!).
I belive ESS is the best..
I wanna first check the condition of my motor.. (compression test etc)
G power has some afordable kits that are reliable cause ESS gets a little higher than i want..
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #37
AndyN

My Ride: ESS TS2 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaharias View Post
You got my point man..
It's not only that i love my car.. and that i ve spent a lot of money into it since 2007..
It' difficult to find a good decent ///M here, selling mine + some cash.. they want me to pay 10K+, money that i have, but don't want to spend cause i believe it's not worth it.. As i said before, good Ms sell here around 18-22K, but they are n't interested in trade.. everybody with the economic crisis wants cash!!!! They don't buy expensive cars and cars over 2000cc..
And yes.. the insurance and road tax of an m3 is an extra cost.. which here in Greece is alot (1.100 euro is the road tax for the M3!!!!!).
I belive ESS is the best..
I wanna first check the condition of my motor.. (compression test etc)
G power has some afordable kits that are reliable cause ESS gets a little higher than i want..
Ya you can always get a stage 1 of whatever brand kit you want and then after awhile get the stage 2!

Oh and my 325 is 1100 euro road tax in Ireland. The m3 is 1650!
You would be expecting great roads for that price, instead its all pot holes and speed bumps! haha
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #38
BMW_Knight

My Ride: STG2 ZHP,E70 X5(DD)
Send a message via ICQ to BMW_Knight Send a message via AIM to BMW_Knight
I don't regret my AA Stage 2 Kit at all.

Thanks to: www.getbmwparts.com www.aatuning.com www.toyotires.com
Eurowerkz Mid-Atlantic Regional Director
Join the Eurowerkz Facebook Fan Site : Click Here
Need your car coded with Euro Options? (Remote Windows up, Corner delete, DRL off, etc.) PM Me
BMW_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #39
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Knight View Post
I don't regret my AA Stage 2 Kit at all.
As long you have someone to fine tune it
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #40
Tiago

My Ride: M3 e46
I believe that ESS has a stage for the M54 with an output of 450hp...

If you want a S54 without gambling with luck factor, buy a rebuild one from VAC or other respectable company. Or buy a very cheap or even a light damage engine and rebuild it yourself. Only with these routes you will know how reliable will be the engine and have a peace of mind. 99% of the times by going cheaper, turns to be later into higher costs than doing right at first.

ESS VT2-550 / AEM WMI / Supersprint Race System / 3.91 Diff / Stoptech ST60 and ST40 / Bilstein PSS9 / UUC Sways
CLICK HERE FOR PICS OF MY CAR

Last edited by Tiago; 01-15-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Tiago is offline   Reply With Quote