E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #41
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
I think the difference is that the OP has been in a relationship with this girl for 3 months or less, and hasn't established that rapport yet to check her phone. Now if this was a long term serious relationship, then yes, I think it wouldn't be an issue.
eh, i never read enough, my reading comp sucks, my adhd makes me skim lol

then op is too insecure for girls ,lol

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 01-13-2013 at 07:24 PM.
wasp9166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #42
Iceman00

My Ride: E90 6MT
It wouldn't be the way I ended it, but be happy it's over. Keep your head up.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #43
Iceman00

My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
Yes, I would leave! I had this same situation in a marriage (dated/married to her for several years) and had to walk away without asking a question or invading her privacy. At the end of the day, I realized all the questions were answered about her shadyness... No need to invade her privacy. Walk away man, and don't turn back!

Ps: make your own profile on that Cupid site and start getting it in!
I don't think this is correct. Communication is key in any relationship, and assuming things doesn't help. If they don't want to communicate, or try to help you understand the situation, I think it's time to evaluate the relationship. But that would be a last resort. After all, you shouldn't be in a relationship if you don't want to work for it/think it's worth the effort.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #44
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
I don't think this is correct. Communication is key in any relationship, and assuming things doesn't help. If they don't want to communicate, or try to help you understand the situation, I think it's time to evaluate the relationship. But that would be a last resort. After all, you shouldn't be in a relationship if you don't want to work for it/think it's worth the effort.
You really shouldn't say what's a correct way to handle things to anyone else, my situation was mine, and it was handled the right way for me! You may have handled it differently, and that doesn't necessarily make it "wrong" in my book, just made it "right" for "you"!

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #45
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Whatever happened, you were wrong for going through her phone. You've been dating 3 months, if you don't want to deal with it leave. If your going to be super insecure and dramatic leave. If you think you have the right to act like that because of what she does.....confront it, ask for change or explanation....if you don't like the response ,leave.

You have choices....do what's best for you without being an emotional mess.

that it for face value

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3 View Post
1 day later, she changes her profile pic from a sentimental one of you two to something else, and a day later she texts you to break up and "apologize." You politely decline. .
Dam I feel old, i can't believe this is an issue. Not a knock on you OP, because im sure your not the only one that does this but i just cant imagine a guy looking at their GFs facebook profile pic and get all insecure about it. Just sitting there thinking, omg what does it mean, why did sure do that? is she hiding me from someone?

Facebook is ruining people
Evidence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #46
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
You really shouldn't say what's a correct way to handle things to anyone else, my situation was mine, and it was handled the right way for me! You may have handled it differently, and that doesn't necessarily make it "wrong" in my book, just made it "right" for "you"!
Not true, I think we can agree that there are right and wrong ways to handle situations. Ice had a good point, you need good communication in a relationship and should be able to handle certain issues. Your situation was right for you, but im sure it was from a build up of things over time,not a one time random text message.
Evidence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #47
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
you equate picking up a phone with an invasion of privacy?

lol, you obviously can't sense when a woman is fin around , guys like you are outside the front door on the concrete
OP picked up her phone, read her msgs and then texted back and forth with someone else using her phone.

Yes, that's an invasion of privacy. A girl has to build a very solid relationship with me before I'd be ok with her going through my phone. Three months with 2 breakups ain't gonna cut it.

And I really can't imagine a time when I'd be OK with her replying to messages without explicit approval from me.

Sounds like OP was in a crappy relationship and now he's not. All's well.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #48
Zatarain

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
I would not have left for the text message but for this however, "and also denied your sexual advances." Id be gone haha.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:58 AM   #49
CP3
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
you equate picking up a phone with an invasion of privacy?

lol, you obviously can't sense when a woman is fin around , guys like you are outside the front door on the concrete

op, fack that bish, if she didn't have the decency to talk to you about this first she isn't worth keeping

move on fast
thank you. That's what I am saying. it's not like i read through her emails or other text messages. I answered a shady text after she lied about not knowing who it was.

And I did "man up" and ask first. She lied. I need some confirmation before ending the relationship. It wasn't worth it to me to risk dumping a girl without proof.

If she had just explained that was someone she met before she dated me, that would have been the end of it. But she acted suspicious.

I really don't think a lot of people are really answering honestly. I am almost 99% certain most of you would do the same.
CP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #50
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
something like this happens and you are asking for advice as to what to do? how is it not immediately apparent that she doesn't want you anymore?

^ DD.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #51
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Man up nerd.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #52
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:

I really don't think a lot of people are really answering honestly. I am almost 99% certain most of you would do the same.
I'm willing to bet most people responding are older and are beyond the dramatics that go into young adult relationships. Therefor, they probably are answering not only candidly, but truthfully.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 01-14-2013 at 09:48 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #53
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
thank you. That's what I am saying. it's not like i read through her emails or other text messages. I answered a shady text after she lied about not knowing who it was.

And I did "man up" and ask first. She lied. I need some confirmation before ending the relationship. It wasn't worth it to me to risk dumping a girl without proof.

If she had just explained that was someone she met before she dated me, that would have been the end of it. But she acted suspicious.

You were suspicious, went fusing for information to back up your suspicions, and found exactly what you were looking for.

Throw out everything else in your OP and summarize as this: I didn't trust this girl, she didn't trust me, we're not together anymore.

That's a happy ending in most books.

First you accuse girl you thought was "the one" of being dishonest, now you're accusing most of us of the same. Trust issues much?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #54
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
Not true, I think we can agree that there are right and wrong ways to handle situations. Ice had a good point, you need good communication in a relationship and should be able to handle certain issues. Your situation was right for you, but im sure it was from a build up of things over time,not a one time random text message.
I've been in a long distance relationship/marriage for almost 4 years, I whole heartedly agree communication is important. What I don't agree with is someone telling me I handled a situation I lived in for years wrong. There was never a need for me to invade my Ex's privacy... BOTTOM LINE! That's what this thread is about, no?

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #55
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Shut up OP
And why hasn't this been moved to the subforum yet?

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #56
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
love the denial.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #57
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Dropping a duece and I need to wipe so ill make this quick. I think you invaded her privacy slightly but you also got to the bottom of something that would have been a much more hurtful break up. I do not think you were wrong though given who it actually was.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote