E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Rules for an awesome healthy fit life

Read labels on foods. If you don't know how, learn.

Stay away from foods that you don't know how to read ingredients in them. Which mostly means stop eating outside, if you do stick to chicken salads with vinaigrette dressing.

It's 80% about what you eat and 20% your workout. So find your self top meals you like to eat. Make those meals composed of (lean red meat, chicken breasts, fish) and veggies.

As a rule of thumb for a day; 1.5-2 pounds of lean meat, 2lbs of veggies + 1-2 fruits.

Limit your carb intake to 10-20% of daily calories. So cut rice, pasta, etc.... You can have carbs on working out days. But clean complex carbs like whole grains and sweet potatoes.

Flaxseeds is something you should think about adding to about everything you eat. It's awesome!

Eat whenever you feel hungry. As longs as it's clean food. You can have a sweet cheat meal once a week.

There is no pills to burn fat. It's all BS. Eat fish (salmon or cod, something low in mercury) at least once a week and eat flax seeds (each 33g has 2400mg of omega 3). You can take a natural multivitamin to aid in digestion and get missing minerals like opti-men multivitamin brand.

Juice is not that good for you. It's mostly sugar. Your favorite drink should be water or a protein shake with fresh spinach, kale banana, berries, etc... (whatever you like). Your protein shake should not have more than 2g of sugar or fat, 5g of carbs.

For working out, forget about abs, walking, and running. Pick three of below and do 3 times a week. Do 5 sets of 5 reps. Balance upper and lower body. Start with low weights, but you want to be almost reaching failure on 5th rep:

Front squats, back squats, bench press with dumbbells, shoulder press, dead lifts, pullups, or chinups.

The gym is not to chat or socialize, neither it's not a place where you're comfortable. You need to be sweating and keep your heart rate pumping. You need to push yourself. Every week you should be adding 5lbs to your weights. That's how you measure your progress. After a while you cannot progress that same way as muscles need more time to recover.

Don't jump among lifting programs. Pick one and stick with it at least for a couple of months.

Stay focused and keep it real.

Follow this for 2 months, and come thank me. Remember you want to live a healthy life style, it's not a temp diet, you need to enjoy food you're eating and going to the gym. You can also do all workouts at home with minimal equipment. Just stop being a p**** and do it.

If you know about ingredients used in restaurants you won't even feed their food to stray dogs and cats. You deserve better.

Anything to add?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 AM   #2
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Lol where did you find this? I don't agree with a few of these
Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
take omega 3's , drop the flax

veggies and fruits are carbs

post is silly on multiple counts, go have sex

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
z00

Why drop flax? veggies have fiber, which does not count as carbs. Sugar in fruits is carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
take omega 3's , drop the flax
veggies and fruits are carbs

post is silly on multiple counts, go have sex
I made it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLA View Post
Lol where did you find this? I don't agree with a few of these
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
The only issue here is that if you have carbs at 15-20% and protein comes from lean sources, where is your fat intake?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
z00

I should make that clearer. Fat 40%, protein 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
The only issue here is that if you have carbs at 15-20% and protein comes from lean sources, where is your fat intake?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
1.5-2.0 lbs of meat a day?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
z00

Yes, meat meaning fish/chicken/lean red meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breiwa1 View Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
dabears

Quote:
Absolutely. If you ate 2 lbs of meat a day, you would satisfy your protein requirements without needing supplementation (whey protein).

Zoo, if all you ate was lean beef / chicken with occassional fish with some flax, veggies, fruit and occassional complex carbs, you would be nowhere near 40% fat... on a 200g protein diet thats roughly 100g of fat, and considering only about 10% of oils from cooking gets into the food you need to have a fatty meat source as well (ribeye steak is a great choice) on days when you do not consume fish.

I think you made some good points, but it's definitely hard to walk the talk! The 80/20 rule for diet/exercise pertaining to results can also be applied to your diet... if you eat well 80% of the time, you will see great results. No need to kill yourself over a bad meal here or there!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
You are bringing too much bs to this forum.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
I'm too nice
Old 01-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
I disagree with a lot of this...did you get this from bodybuilding.broscience.com?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #13
Brevik

You must have a much faster metabolism than I do because if I ate 2 lbs of meat a day I would be 300lbs in no time.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #14
dabears

Quote:
You must have a much faster metabolism than I do because if I ate 2 lbs of meat a day I would be 300lbs in no time.
2 lbs of lean ground beef is 1400 calories? I eat 2500-3000 calories a day, because I am active. It is much less for poultry as well. Nothing to do with metabolism really. Average male should be around 2000 calories maintenance level per day, which is easy to adhere to with 1.5 to 2 lbs of meat per day. If it was all from bacon, then you'd have a problem.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #15
z00

Parts of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
I disagree with a lot of this...did you get this from bodybuilding.broscience.com?
How about you point out where BS is exactly? Your response does not help much
Quote:
I eat 1.5 lbs on lifting days and it has been good. If you look at program used for 300 movie actors and the new Spartcus, they follow 1.5-2 lean meat lbs a day with a CF workout.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #16
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Thank you.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
what foods are suggested for whole grains?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
Brevik

What works for one person does not always work for others.

For the record I am 37 years old, 5-10 and 165 lbs. I am telling for a fact that eating 2 lbs of meat a day would not work out well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Parts of it.

How about you point out where BS is exactly? Your response does not help much

I eat 1.5 lbs on lifting days and it has been good. If you look at program used for 300 movie actors and the new Spartcus, they follow 1.5-2 lean meat lbs a day with a CF workout.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
z00

brown rice or whole wheat pasta. I mostly stick to sweet potatoes.

One great seed I have been using and it's a power house is chia seeds. Expensive but it got so many good things in it (fiber, protein, omega 3). I add it to pancakes or shakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
what foods are suggested for whole grains?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #20
dabears

Quote:
What works for one person does not always work for others.

For the record I am 37 years old, 5-10 and 165 lbs. I am telling for a fact that eating 2 lbs of meat a day would not work out well for me.
Fully agree! Your maintenance level is actually right on 2000 calories! (Thats with a sedentary job and minimal/no exercise). I don't know your body fat levels, but you do not need 2 lbs of meat a day, as you are most likely in the 1.5 lb range, which is about 1000 calories for lean ground beef for example. That leaves 1000 calories for additional fat and carbs, which should be plenty

I was just trying to point out that 2 lbs of meat isn't such a crazy amount, though it may seem that way.