E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #41
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Please explain the benefit of whole wheat pasta over regular pasta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
all bread and pasta are no bueno, regardless of wheat or not,

but of course, if you have to make a choice, i would pick the wheat
yea if I'm going to eat pasta or breads I'm not going to kill myself over whole wheat or regular. In the grand scheme of things there is hardly a difference.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #42
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Ok, test it yourself. Don't lift for 2-3 weeks, eat your daily needed calories, notice change to your body.

You're on crack bro. Otherwise, fit people did not have to work out to maintain their nice bodies. Ever heard of maintenance?

So ya on a smith machine. Do your research, it's ok for squats. Not ideal for DL. One more month till the gym gets new racks and BBs. You get hung up on stupid stuff. Even though you're a bit bigger than I'm, we should have a lifting day together to see who is stronger. Maybe even an MMA style fight so I can kick you in the teeth. Just kidding man, you guys take this $hit too seriously. Go have some sex and relax but don't work out on the same day.
I'm done discussing nutrition with you.

A fixed motion bar is ok for squats? I try to be a laid back guy but when I read bs like this it's really hard
Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #43
DylloS

time out. He just justified the smith machine for squats? Ask 1000 professionals in the world if fitness and ask what's better. A smith or a rack. I can eat soup with a fork and it will eventually get in my belly but it's not ideal.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #44
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
It's not my preferred method, but you guys are failing to realize that my freaking gym does not have racks until it's done with renovation. I said smith machine is ok for squats. Better than press machine or any other machine. Unless you geniuses have better alternatives. I posted a thread about DL with smith machine alternatives and got nothing.

So am I supposed to not work out because the gym gods here say smith machine is no good? Provide solutions instead of arguing to show you're right or wrong. This is the most visible attribute about these forums. Be like the crowd on reddit. Help each other instead of criticizing and proving to be right.

Again rack is better but I don't have it at my gym yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
time out. He just justified the smith machine for squats? Ask 1000 professionals in the world if fitness and ask what's better. A smith or a rack. I can eat soup with a fork and it will eventually get in my belly but it's not ideal.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #45
z00

See my reply above. Sometimes it seems you like to read things the way you want, not how they're written. Wait, you're the one who told me to stop doing DL on smith machine because my gym does not have a rack.

Quote:

A fixed motion bar is ok for squats? I try to be a laid back guy but when I read bs like this it's really hard

Last edited by z00; 01-15-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #46
dabears

A) I would quit my gym immediately if I didn't have access to a rack, no joke

B) All you need is a barbell and weights for deadlifts, if your gym doesn't even have access to that, see point A

C) I would do heavy leg press before I ever stepped foot in a smith machine to do heavy squats

Smith machine has its place, but it certainly is not for any heavy compound movements like deadlifts and squats
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #47
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:

B) All you need is a barbell and weights for deadlifts, if your gym doesn't even have access to that, see point A

C) I would do heavy leg press before I ever stepped foot in a smith machine to do heavy squats

Smith machine has its place, but it certainly is not for any heavy compound movements like deadlifts and squats
Been here, done this. Best move I've ever made.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #48
z00

Thank you, now you're talking.

It's a tough dilemma, my gym is 18,000 sqf. Racks and other big equipment are removed for 2 months and will be restored in march. I pay $20/month, no contract. My other option is a crossfit gym, but it's like 80$/m for gym, and 170$/m for 3 CF sessions a week and I can use the gym whenever I want.

Stay at current gym? Or quit and do CF for 2 months till my gyms gets racks?

-PS I can also do unlimited CF sessions for 200$/m. I can afford it, but that seems like lots of money to spend on gym membership. I would rather spend that money on sex toys or strippers .

Quote:

Quote:

Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #49
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Ok, test it yourself. Don't lift for 2-3 weeks, eat your daily needed calories, notice change to your body.

You're on crack bro. Otherwise, fit people did not have to work out to maintain their nice bodies. Ever heard of maintenance?

So ya on a smith machine. Do your research, it's ok for squats.
Not ideal for DL. One more month till the gym gets new racks and BBs. You get hung up on stupid stuff. Even though you're a bit bigger than I'm, we should have a lifting day together to see who is stronger. Maybe even an MMA style fight so I can kick you in the teeth. Just kidding man, you guys take this $hit too seriously. Go have some sex and relax but don't work out on the same day.
No. No. No.

Your body doesn't begin to break down muscle until about a month after no working out. So eating your needed calories will not change your body in 2 weeks.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #50
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Thank you, now you're talking.

It's a tough dilemma, my gym is 18,000 sqf. Racks and other big equipment are removed for 2 months and will be restored in march. I pay $20/month, no contract. My other option is a crossfit gym, but it's like 80$/m for gym, and 170$/m for 3 CF sessions a week and I can use the gym whenever I want.

Stay at current gym? Or quit and do CF for 2 months till my gyms gets racks?

-PS I can also do unlimited CF sessions for 200$/m. I can afford it, but that seems like lots of money to spend on gym membership. I would rather spend that money on sex toys or strippers .
I assume that $80/month is for a no contract rate? Do they have discounts for like a 1 year signup or something?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #51
dabears

you live in boston, and those are your only two choices? cmon
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #52
DylloS

along with using a smith machine, the way you quote things is a terrible character flaw.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #53
dabears

Quote:
along with using a smith machine, the way you quote things is a terrible character flaw.
its like trying to read an email chain from the top down

Last edited by dabears; 01-15-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #54
z00

Why is that? I'm a software architect, it's easier on brain and eyes to read what the other person have to say first. Why are you all guys hating on me out of the sudden. I love it. Always hated because I'm awesome.

Does it bother you the way I quote things? I can do it anyway you want. Just tell me.
Quote:
I have other options, but these two gyms are within 10min drive. What do you think about CF part?
Quote:
you live in boston, and those are your only two choices? cmon
Yes, I can get a cheaper membership. But now you just opened my eyes to a third option. My gym has another branch within a 20min drive. I can go there, they have racks even though it's only half the size of my current gym. But 20min drive to workout? I could have sex or finish 4 sets of squats in those 20min.

Looks like either trying the CF for 2 months and pay $$, still 10min drive. Or just go to my other gym branch and waste extra time on driving. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
I assume that $80/month is for a no contract rate? Do they have discounts for like a 1 year signup or something?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #55
DylloS

Quote:
Why is that? I'm a software architect, it's easier on brain and eyes to read what the other person have to say first. Why are you all guys hating on me out of the sudden. I love it. Always hated because I'm awesome.

Does it bother you the way I quote things? I can do it anyway you want. Just tell me.

I have other options, but these two gyms are within 10min drive. What do you think about CF part?

Yes, I can get a cheaper membership. But now you just opened my eyes to a third option. My gym has another branch within a 20min drive. I can go there, they have racks even though it's only half the size of my current gym. But 20min drive to workout? I could have sex or finish 4 sets of squats in those 20min.

Looks like either trying the CF for 2 months and pay $$, still 10min drive. Or just go to my other gym branch and waste extra time on driving. What do you think?
No it is not. When you scroll down you read from the top down. To read your response to something and then find out its in regards to a certain post is backwards.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #56
z00

Quote:
No it is not. When you scroll down you read from the top down. To read your response to something and then find out its in regards to a certain post is backwards.
Your brain works a little differently. I'll do what I can to make each member here happy. I quoted you the way you want it. Any other flaws would you like to point out?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #57
DylloS

Quote:
Your brain works a little differently. I'll do what I can to make each member here happy. I quoted you the way you want it. Any other flaws would you like to point out?
no lol. But you can't tell me I'm wrong when every forum out there is designed this way
Old 01-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #58
z00

Quote:
no lol. But you can't tell me I'm wrong when every forum out there is designed this way
I did not say you're wrong. I said your brain works a little differently. People here are obsessed with being right. See, I still quote text the way you like it. Only if more people are as understanding and accommodating as me.

Now, what do you think about my post you quoted about CF since you workout in CF style?

Last edited by z00; 01-15-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #59
dabears

I think you should work on your obvious personality flaws / complete lack of humbleness before asking for advice here, let alone posting your own flawed version of it.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #60
DylloS

Quote:
I did not say you're wrong. I said your brain works a little differently. People here are obsessed with being right. See, I still quote text the way you like it. Only if more people are as understanding and accommodating as me.

Now, what do you think about my post you quoted about CF since you workout in CF style?
if the cf gym has a progression schedule and strength work other than just a bunch of wods then it's good. If it just throws workouts together on a day to day basis it's kind of blah
Closed Thread