E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #41
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Sorry, meant OP..talk about a big old house always intrigues me.
Oops, my bad pimpin'
Old 01-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #42
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdifilippo View Post
I can't believe there's a state worse than Mass when it comes to gun laws. I feel bad for NY residents. How the law makers reached that decision is something I will never understand. They're probably exempt from it too.... (just a guess)

I find it incredible that they are literally stealing from their citizens. High cap mags won't even be grandfathered in. They spent money on magazines and have to surrender them to LE. I didn't read anything about compensation??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
From what I read, you will have a 12 month grace period to sell them (on your own, not to LE) to an out of state buyer, and then if you are caught with one, you are going to get the chair....probably....

Slick move on their part....I bet the lawmakers didn't even realize this would basically make all guns other than revolvers useless....or they did and figured this was an excellent way of banning most guns without banning guns.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-15-2013 at 01:53 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #43
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Wow...I think I'd have to move / sell the house in your situation as well. Sucks to hear man.

I've love to see a pic of the house if you have one...sounds like a great property.
If I can find one, I'll email a picture of it to you

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #44
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
speaking of property... i am dying to move out of ny
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #45
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I know you work for big law, but have you ever though about packing up, and getting a job elsewhere? Sure, you will take a pay cut (my wife took a 120K cut when we left NY) but you can live in a place where your cost of living will be significantly less, a higher quality of life, etc. Just wondering what's keeping you there....and I really hope it's not money bro...can't spend it in hell.
No big law here, in house baby! I'm here because of family, friends and it is where my license to practice law is. I REALLY don't want to take another bar exam and I'd prefer not to move to a new state all by myself (currently single).

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #46
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
From what I read, you will have a 12 month grace period to sell them (on your own, not to LE) to an out of state buyer, and then if you are caught with one, you are going to get the chair....probably....

Slick move on their part....I bet the lawmakers didn't even realize this would basically make all guns other than revolvers useless....or they did and figured this was an excellent way of banning most guns without banning guns.
They knew. The worst part is that most, if not all, of them (I'm betting) truly believe that what they're doing is in the best interests of their citizens.

Maybe they're right, though, and we're the wrong ones. Maybe crime rates across NY will plummet in the next year.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #47
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
They knew. The worst part is that most, if not all, of them (I'm betting) truly believe that what they're doing is in the best interests of their citizens.

Maybe they're right, though, and we're the wrong ones. Maybe crime rates across NY will plummet in the next year.

They will just continue their unconstitutional stop and frisk, and then give themselves a pat on the back that gun control reduced crime.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #48
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:

Hahah wishful thinking. Because i'm sure the criminals who will be committing the crimes will be making sure to sell their >7 round mags and follow the stricter laws Politicians are ruining this country and the rate at which its happening is staggering.

I wonder what the backlash will be when someone defends their home from an intruder with an firearm using an "illegal" magazine and they are punished for it. Will probably be major news and hopefully will open everyone's eyes as to how ridiculous these laws are.

Last edited by Tom5933; 01-15-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Tom5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #49
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
No big law here, in house baby! I'm here because of family, friends and it is where my license to practice law is. I REALLY don't want to take another bar exam and I'd prefer not to move to a new state all by myself (currently single).
At least come across the river bro, we use KY when we rape you over in Dirtay Jersay lol...plus our fake tans are faker than yours
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #50
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
Hahah wishful thinking. Because i'm sure the criminals who will be committing the crimes will be making sure to sell their >7 round mags and follow the stricter laws Politicians are ruining this country and the rate at which its happening is staggering.

I wonder what the backlash will be when someone defends their home from an intruder with an firearm using an "illegal" magazine and they are punished for it. Will probably be major news and hopefully will open everyone's eyes as to how ridiculous these laws are.
In NY? They will be locked away for a LONG time. Self defense in NY is almost certainly going to land you in jail.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #51
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post

They should be forced to take out full page ad space in all the NY newspapers with an official and sincere apology for violating the rights of the person breaking into their home by using an illegal assault magazine.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #52
customisbetter

My Ride: 02 325xi
I would gladly shoot Jesus if he tried to take my gun from me. I think there needs to be a gun owner protest downtown. The fricken union assholes quit work to drive up here and bitch about right to work. We should get thousands of gun owners to stand outside the building of lawmakers and show them who their bosses are.

Pricks.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #53
king kong

My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
They should be forced to take out full page ad space in all the NY newspapers with an official and sincere apology for violating the rights of the person breaking into their home by using an illegal assault magazine.
I didn't even like the term "high cap" and now we have "illegal assault magazine"

king kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #54
customisbetter

My Ride: 02 325xi
Secondly we should have a dimwit politician stand in front of the crowd with a gun owner. Gun owner will interview the politician with an AR pointed at the body mass. Then switch to a 6 pot .45 and ask him which made him feel safer. I'm not a political guy by any means, but I really think this will be a huge turning point in history if people don't chill the fuck out about gun laws.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #55
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
i was sure he was going for confiscation here in NY. now its either register them or turn them in. im still a little foggy on whether or not sale of these things is permitted under the new law (i know all firearms sales now need to be done thru ff, but im not sure if these "grandfathered" rifles are still able to be sold)

and i hope to god that crime rates skyrocket.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 01-15-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #56
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:

IIRC crime rates have been dropping anyway across most of the US, it would be hard to find a hard correlation...not that politicians won't jump up and down to take credit for something that is already happening.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #57
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
I didn't even like the term "high cap" and now we have "illegal assault magazine"

I believe it was CNN I saw using the term today. I liked it because it sounded more sinister and scary than "high-cap". Like the magazine itself would jump out and attack all on its own.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #58
king kong

My Ride: mid-engine
illegal assault magazine scares me more than assault rock.
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #59
Jimmeh

My Ride: 335i
Quote:
In NY? They will be locked away for a LONG time. Self defense in NY is almost certainly going to land you in jail.
If you know what you can do when defending yourself in different situations then you won't.

You should educate yourself before saying such nonsense.
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #60
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
If you know what you can do when defending yourself in different situations then you won't.

You should educate yourself before saying such nonsense.
I hear the rustling of a thousand jimmies. Spare me your BS. In NY there is no stand your ground, so you will instantly be arrested in a HD shoot. There is no castle doctrine, so a grand jury will definitely stick you into a trial. On top of all that, you are almost certainly going to get convicted (if you are charged with something lighter than murder) from the NY libtard jury. The NYPD will really want to help you out though, so enjoy defending yourself.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-15-2013 at 08:07 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote