E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #21
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I updated my firmware to V32 with M logo and night mode.

How you change the mode between night/day?
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
k3m0-330i-e90

My Ride: e90 335i,e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to k3m0-330i-e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
They never made any update past the v32, unless its a modified version of the v32. You can still get updated map discs but they're no longer made by Navteq, Teleatlis is the new provider. You would have the get the appropriate disc for your nav MKIII= CD Rom disc which is an 8 disc set or MKIV= DVD which is a 2 disc set I believe.

Grab a snickers.. You gotta hold the eject button for about 3 minutes, let go, and press it once and the disc will pop out. It may take a few tries. When I had the MKIV dvd drive (prior to dynavin) it took me almost a half hour one time to get the update disc out.

thanks i got it out finaly after 1 hr of messing with it. but dose any one have a link to a updated map's cd?
2002 Taig / Red / / / M3 - SOLD
2000 328i e46 - sold
1993 325i e36 - sold
2006 330i e90 - sold
k3m0-330i-e90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #23
DropTopKingM3
OEM ///Member

My Ride: All German
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3m0-330i-e90 View Post
thanks i got it out finaly after 1 hr of messing with it. but dose any one have a link to a updated map's cd?
No one really upload the mkIII ones because theres 8 different discs for the cd rom. The only ones I saw available were the dvd ones for the 2003 + models. Maybe you can check xoutpost.com and browse the navigation section there.

I wouldn't recommend the burned discs though. They lag and you could potentially ruin your disc drive with them. Just check all of the forums such as bimmerforums or bimmerfest and you might find someone selling an original 2012 set. Other MKIII nav owners will buy an 8 disc set, take the one disc for their region, and sell the remaining cd's for like $30 each.

^Don't say my car is topless, say the t!tties is out^
DropTopKingM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #24
pyite42

My Ride: 2003 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_f22_pilot View Post
Mk IV was post 2004
I'm not sure of the exact date that they switched from 3 to 4, but I believe it was 2003. At least, my 2003 has a MKIV.
pyite42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #25
roadtrip1098

My Ride: 04 M3 SMG LSB
Honestly I didn't read all the posts, but as other have mentioned there's a DVD torrnt out there someplace with the new maps. Also if you're feeling super ambitious there's also a firmware upgrade for the nav system that installs via DVD. It smooths out the entire operation and makes it respond much faster. Yahoo has a group for it with a ton of info, also check on some of the other forums. I find e46f is great for enthusiasts, but there are some downright obsessive forums out there if you want to learn about coding, DIS, GT1, Nav Upgrades, ect.
Beware, it will require a lot of reading.
roadtrip1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #26
roadtrip1098

Important note: Make sure you burn the disc at the right speed, otherwise it will cause read errors. There should be a setting in your burning program and instructions in whatever file you download.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #27
oxfordgreenM3

My Ride: m3 e46
how would i go about updating my 2002 m3 it has the navi but only 6 cd changer in the trunk and the navi cd in the trunk what update do i need to click and and whould i do it because i only have a cassette player behind my navi?? please help guys
oxfordgreenM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #28
roadtrip1098

You'll have to search some other forums for stuff like that, but you should be able to install it through the NAV drive in the trunk. It's as simple as putting the disc in, turning on your car and selecting install when it comes up. Just make sure you download the right version for your system.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #29
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordgreenM3 View Post
how would i go about updating my 2002 m3 it has the navi but only 6 cd changer in the trunk and the navi cd in the trunk what update do i need to click and and whould i do it because i only have a cassette player behind my navi?? please help guys
You insert the disc in the dvd drive in the trunk, but there's certain steps you have to follow that I posted below. I doesn't matter if you have a cassette deck in the dash, it gets read and updated from the trunk. The nav update is on a disc -you can download the torrent for it, which a friend got for me or you can buy it from the dealer. If you burn the disc yourself you can put any .jpg file in for start up. A picture of your car or the M logo or whatever you prefer. The one from the dealer has a carbon fiber looking background with the M logo and nurburgring icon. The disc is only for updating, after you do the update you remove the update disc and put your old one back in. The downloaded disc worked for me, then I tried using mine for a friend and his bricked. Another friend bought the disc from the dealer and we followed the same steps and luckily the navi was corrected, so be warned that if you download the torrent and it works for you, consider yourself lucky and you're not a dick if you don't want to pass it on to your friend lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip1098 View Post
You'll have to search some other forums for stuff like that, but you should be able to install it through the NAV drive in the trunk. It's as simple as putting the disc in, turning on your car and selecting install when it comes up. Just make sure you download the right version for your system.
Not necessarily, I believe its imperative to follow these steps accordingly.

Go to the car open the drivers door,
Go to the nav computer and press eject on drive,
Eject the map disc,
Switch ign to pos 1, leave door open.
Insert firmware disc into drive, follow instruction on nav screen.
Wait (approx 6 mins) till sat nav asks to eject cd and reboot.
Eject cd,
Confirm reboot.

Do not turn off the car or close the door during the upgrade.

After you do everything to access perspective view you have to go into the regular settings on your screen and hold "menu" button down for a few seconds. It may be about 10 seconds or so. After that you get access to another menu. In that "secret" menu you can change settings like perspective and toggle the speed camera sensor on and off. There's other random things in there, but that's the stuff that's relative to the nav update.

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #30
old guy bimmer

My Ride: 2005 330 CIc (ZHP)
2005 330CIc-ZHP - Looking for Nav Syst Update

Hi folks,

I have a 2005 330CIc w/ Nav Syst. I am looking for an update to my system. -- There is a lot of talk in this forum about free downloads and related problems...

I don't have a lot of problem buying a new disc, one that is compatible with my system and gives me updated maps. -- However, it appears there are alternatives available, albeit, with some complexity...

Anything to share? -- Thank and Merry Christmas from Central Florida. -- No snow hear...
old guy bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #31
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I wasted $40 buying a DVD from a member here. I tried all possible solutions, my nav maps would not work. Kept old OEM DVD.

Do yourself a favor and buy OEM DVD. You can find deals on ebay and craigslist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy bimmer View Post
Hi folks,

I have a 2005 330CIc w/ Nav Syst. I am looking for an update to my system. -- There is a lot of talk in this forum about free downloads and related problems...

I don't have a lot of problem buying a new disc, one that is compatible with my system and gives me updated maps. -- However, it appears there are alternatives available, albeit, with some complexity...

Anything to share? -- Thank and Merry Christmas from Central Florida. -- No snow hear...
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #32
oxfordgreenM3

My Ride: m3 e46
Ok just want to make sure to burn the right software plz help me out srry for being annoying

BMW Navigation OS - v32 (Original)
BMW Navigation OS - v30 (Original)
BMW Navigation OS - v29 (Original)
BMW Navigation OS - v25 (Original)

Range Rover Navigation OS - Non Touchscreen (Original MODE2/FORM1)

Range Rover Navigation OS - Non Touchscreen (BMW Logo MODE2/FORM1)

BMW Navigation KeyCD (Used when updating some MK3)

BMW Navigation OS - v32 (Night Mode MK3 Only - MODE2/FORM1)
BMW Navigation OS - v32 (Night Mode, Camera Alerts, M Logo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey 3er View Post
You insert the disc in the dvd drive in the trunk, but there's certain steps you have to follow that I posted below. I doesn't matter if you have a cassette deck in the dash, it gets read and updated from the trunk. The nav update is on a disc -you can download the torrent for it, which a friend got for me or you can buy it from the dealer. If you burn the disc yourself you can put any .jpg file in for start up. A picture of your car or the M logo or whatever you prefer. The one from the dealer has a carbon fiber looking background with the M logo and nurburgring icon. The disc is only for updating, after you do the update you remove the update disc and put your old one back in. The downloaded disc worked for me, then I tried using mine for a friend and his bricked. Another friend bought the disc from the dealer and we followed the same steps and luckily the navi was corrected, so be warned that if you download the torrent and it works for you, consider yourself lucky and you're not a dick if you don't want to pass it on to your friend lol.

Not necessarily, I believe its imperative to follow these steps accordingly.

Go to the car open the drivers door,
Go to the nav computer and press eject on drive,
Eject the map disc,
Switch ign to pos 1, leave door open.
Insert firmware disc into drive, follow instruction on nav screen.
Wait (approx 6 mins) till sat nav asks to eject cd and reboot.
Eject cd,
Confirm reboot.

Do not turn off the car or close the door during the upgrade.

After you do everything to access perspective view you have to go into the regular settings on your screen and hold "menu" button down for a few seconds. It may be about 10 seconds or so. After that you get access to another menu. In that "secret" menu you can change settings like perspective and toggle the speed camera sensor on and off. There's other random things in there, but that's the stuff that's relative to the nav update.
oxfordgreenM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #33
Chea

My Ride: 05 ///M
Interesting I might try this this weekend subscribed
Old 01-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #34
Westrace

My Ride: 06 G35, 04 M3 Coupe
I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone know if the NAV allows scrolling? For example, can I scroll the screen up or down from my current spot?
Westrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #35
scca_ziptie

My Ride: 2006 M3 SMG Comp pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westrace View Post
I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone know if the NAV allows scrolling? For example, can I scroll the screen up or down from my current spot?
Yes you can (with the factory nav)
Old 01-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #36
Westrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by scca_ziptie View Post
Yes you can (with the factory nav)
Yes, I do have factory OEM NAV unit on my 04 model. I can't seem to find a way to scroll. Also read the manual but couldn't find it either :-). By the way, mine is non-touch screen.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #37
scca_ziptie

My Ride: 2006 M3 SMG Comp pkg
I'm not sure that any e46's had a touch screen NAV unit - but I could be wrong.... The scrolling is accomplished via the right hand knob on the NAV unit, I don't have mine here with me or I'd run out and do it really quick. I believe that it is in the 'menu' section of the NAV options, again not 100% - it won't be in the main manual, it is in one of the additional supplemental books/manuals, they don't typically supply them with the purchase of the car unless that car is equipped with all the appropriate equipment.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #38
Westrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by scca_ziptie View Post
I'm not sure that any e46's had a touch screen NAV unit - but I could be wrong.... The scrolling is accomplished via the right hand knob on the NAV unit, I don't have mine here with me or I'd run out and do it really quick. I believe that it is in the 'menu' section of the NAV options, again not 100% - it won't be in the main manual, it is in one of the additional supplemental books/manuals, they don't typically supply them with the purchase of the car unless that car is equipped with all the appropriate equipment.
I can scroll if I specify a destination then the NAV would let me scroll relative to that destination but while I am driving, I don't know how to scroll from my current position.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #39
Silentalero

My Ride: Acura MDX
Hey guys, i figured id post up. I have an 06 MKIV

I downloaded the BMW Navigation OS - v32 (Night Mode, Camera Alerts, M Logo) for my 06 with navi. Before the update, my screen froze and reset constantly. Now its smooth and works how the factory navi should. So if anybody else has the same issue, this is a good fix. So far its been 3 days and no screen freezes yet. Usually it froze almost everytime i drove somewhere.

- 01 Suzuki Gsxr 750

Last edited by Silentalero; 04-25-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #40
xxilikericexx

My Ride: E36 M3, E46 325i
Re: Navigation update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
Hey guys, i figured id post up. I have an 06 MKIV

I downloaded the BMW Navigation OS - v32 (Night Mode, Camera Alerts, M Logo) for my 06 with navi. Before the update, my screen froze and reset constantly. Now its smooth and works how the factory navi should. So if anybody else has the same issue, this is a good fix. So far its been 3 days and no screen freezes yet. Usually it froze almost everytime i drove somewhere.
Can you post the link where you downloaded that update?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using BimmerApp mobile app
xxilikericexx is offline   Reply With Quote