E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #61
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Now hes talking in tangets and going all "obama."
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #62
peytonracer4

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by customisbetter View Post
Oh so the gunless victims are the only ones without rights now. Thankfully gun owners have more rights than they need.
...what?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #63
customisbetter

My Ride: 02 325xi
He was inferring that victims of gun related crimes had their constitutional rights taken by gun owners who want magazines larger than 10 rounds.

Last edited by customisbetter; 01-16-2013 at 11:18 AM.
customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #64
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
Oh so the gunless victims are the only ones without rights now. Thankfully gun owners have more rights than they need.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #65
shwagon
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325it 5-speed
I want to hear the rest of the 23 orders...
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #66
peytonracer4

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
He was inferring that victims of gun related crimes had their constitutional rights taken by gun owners who want magazines larger than 10 rounds.
So now they want revenge to take our rights away? Blah.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #67
customisbetter

He didn't say revenge. He thinks we should all feel the same way as he does; that anything more than 10 rounds is unsafe for other citizens.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #68
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife.
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #69
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
Really?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #70
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Really?
Do you think the government will push this ahead of the shrimp on treadmills study?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #71
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Cute. They think they figured out the solution to gun violence in 2 weeks. What bunch of fvcktards.

About all I can somewhat agree with is the universal background checks which eliminate private sales. This will stop a few people from getting guns that shouldn't have them, but ultimately people who want a gun are still going to get one regardless of this law. Criminals don't give a care about background checks now and they won't going forward. If anything this is going to lead to more thefts of firearms and an increased black market for firearms purchasing.

Each of the ideas they have are dumber than the next.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #72
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
Do you think the government will push this ahead of the shrimp on treadmills study?

Hell no. That study is way too adorable to push back.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #73
SLVR JDM

And God forbid you ever get a little depressed and talk to a counselor or see your doctor about it....I'll bet they end up with some very common conditions which prohibit a person from buying firearms which will probably land them on the black list forever.

** Removed **
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #74
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife.
Quote:
Really?
This probably relates to video games and movies.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #75
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
So unless I read those 23 points wrong - is there any mention of "BAN" in it? I didn't see it, did I miss it??
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #76
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post

Quote:
Hell no. That study is way too adorable to push back.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #77
customisbetter

^He is leaving the ban up to congress. I have a feeling their inboxes will be full tonight.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #78
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
So unless I read those 23 points wrong - is there any mention of "BAN" in it? I didn't see it, did I miss it??
No, he's leaving that part up to Congress since he knows he can't get away with an EO banning anything that would likely be covered under the 2nd amendment.

The 23 items he will be signing are essentially fluff that mean nothing and makes it look like he's a hardazz when he's actually accomplishing nothing (which is good).

** Removed **
Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #79
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by klubeck View Post
I lol'd. And sharted.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #80
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I can't believe someone actually built a little treadmill to see a shrimp run on it hahaha.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote