E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #61
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
How does this make your magazines illegal....? It's only for new purchase
The proposed law was to register the gun, and pay a tax for all items to be grandfathered, IE my 6 mags would cost $1200 to "register".
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #62
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,405
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post

Regardless- if you support the Patriot Act- and support unconditional ownership of guns in the US- you are a hypocrite. Are you really a constitutionalist? Or just a self-serving ass? Food for thought.
I support the Constitution, something that I took an oath to defend. I could give two shits about the Patriot Act.

But it's cute that you automatically label me a gun nut and right winger. That's what you do when someone doesn't agree with you. Food for thought: we're not all far left or far right. It's this bipartisan bullshit mentality that's causing all this trouble.


Here's the bottom line: it doesn't effect you so you don't care. Cool. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to support something for the "good of the nation." Cool. Now wait until something does come along and infringes on something that effects you. We'll see how cool you feel about it then.

I'm a law abiding citizen. Who the hell are you to tell me what I need and don't need when it comes to my weapons. Who the hell are you to tell me what's necessary to defend myself. I've been in a combat situation. Have you? Please tell me what qualifies you to tell me what I need for defense aside from having fingers and an internet connection.

People who want to kill people are going to kill people. That's it. I don't care if he or she uses an M4, a .22 target pistol, or a goddamn rock. Address the ISSUES.

Oh, but wait! The bright side is the gangbangers and thugs won't have access to banned weapons now! Just like they don't have access to illegal drugs! Because those are illegal, you know. And thank god I can only get shot at by at most 10 rounds before the perp has to reload! That's going to make a huge difference. Because, you know, they're going to follow that law. Not the law about not murdering anyone, but the magazine restriction they definitely will.
__________________

Last edited by choxor; 01-16-2013 at 02:20 PM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #63
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Can anyone explain how banning ARs will saves lives?

Can anyone explain how 10 round magazine limits will save lives?
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #64
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,221
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
I support the Constitution, something that I took an oath to defend. I could give two shits about the Patriot Act.

But it's cute that you automatically label me a gun nut and right winger. That's what you do when someone doesn't agree with you. Food for thought: we're not all far left or far right. It's this bipartisan bullshit mentality that's causing all this trouble.


Here's the bottom line: it doesn't effect you so you don't care. Cool. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to support something for the "good of the nation." Cool. Now wait until something does come along and infringes on something that effects you. We'll see how cool you feel about it then.

I'm a law abiding citizen. Who the hell are you to tell me what I need and don't need when it comes to my weapons. Who the hell are you to tell me what's necessary to defend myself. I've been in a combat situation. Have you? Please tell me what qualifies you to tell me what I need for defense aside from having fingers and an internet connection.

People who want to kill people are going to kill people. That's it. I don't care if he or she uses an M4, a .22 target pistol, or a goddamn rock. Address the ISSUES.

Oh, but wait! The bright side is the gangbangers and thugs won't have access to banned weapons now! Just like they don't have access to illegal drugs! Because those are illegal, you know. And thank god I can only get shot at by at most 10 rounds before the perp has to reload! That's going to make a huge difference. Because, you know, they're going to follow that law. Not the law about not murdering anyone, but the magazine restriction they definitely will.
Well said. Don't understand why so many people can't see the logic in this.
__________________
Waiting to be installed: H&R Race Springs
Upcoming Mods: 1-Piece CSL Splitter
Tom5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #65
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Can anyone explain how banning ARs will saves lives?
won't, people will continue to kill each other with handguns.

Quote:
Can anyone explain how 10 round magazine limits will save lives?
JJ how long does it take you to reload?
__________________

Last edited by Carskibum; 01-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #66
Grande D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 3,327
My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
I support the Constitution, something that I took an oath to defend. I could give two shits about the Patriot Act.

But it's cute that you automatically label me a gun nut and right winger. That's what you do when someone doesn't agree with you. Food for thought: we're not all far left or far right. It's this bipartisan bullshit mentality that's causing all this trouble.

Here's the bottom line: it doesn't effect you so you don't care. Cool. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to support something for the "good of the nation." Cool. Now wait until something does come along and infringes on something that effects you. We'll see how cool you feel about it then.

I'm a law abiding citizen. Who the hell are you to tell me what I need and don't need when it comes to my weapons. Who the hell are you to tell me what's necessary to defend myself. I've been in a combat situation. Have you? Please tell me what qualifies you to tell me what I need for defense aside from having fingers and an internet connection.

People who want to kill people are going to kill people. That's it. I don't care if he or she uses an M4, a .22 target pistol, or a goddamn rock. Address the ISSUES.

Oh, but wait! The bright side is the gangbangers and thugs won't have access to banned weapons now! Just like they don't have access to illegal drugs! Because those are illegal, you know. And thank god I can only get shot at by at most 10 rounds before the perp has to reload! That's going to make a huge difference. Because, you know, they're going to follow that law. Not the law about not murdering anyone, but the magazine restriction they definitely will.
You don't give a shiit about The Patriot Act? Oh! So you don't actually care about upholding all of the constitution, just what suits you. Good to know! The Patriot Act is unconstitutional. Some oath you took.

Civil liberties have been compromised for every American under The Patriot Act, so I do know how it feels to be affected.

And you do not have the right to do anything you please in this country. You have free speech but cannot yell fire in a movie theater. To that I say- too fuucking bad! Now you can own guns, but you cannot buy an AR-15. Too fuucking bad! If you don't like it- move to another country. Although unless it's a third world country- it's not likely to have more lax gun control than we do here.

Address what issues? What the government is attempting to do right now is ban the most efficient killing machines, while still leaving very efficient other killing machines legal- as they should be under the constitution.

If you want to have a reasoned debate don't be rocks to a gun debate. Are you kidding me? Many of the weapons used in these killings were legal. Y'all act like they weren't. I know criminals will still have guns, and that's a shame. Maybe we should throw them all in Guantanamo.

Last edited by Grande D; 01-16-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #67
wrighterjw10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Palmyra (Hershey), PA
Posts: 459
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Cool, now that gun violence is solved, maybe they can make some new laws that will stop all DUI drivers as well.
__________________
wrighterjw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #68
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,479
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Can anyone explain how banning ARs will saves lives?

Can anyone explain how 10 round magazine limits will save lives?
It will save lives The lives of rapists and home invaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
.


JJ how long does it take you to reload?
about 10-15 mins. Less if I'm well rested and still horny
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 01-16-2013 at 03:06 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #69
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,405
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
You don't give a shiit about The Patriot Act? Oh! So you don't actually care about upholding all of the constitution, just what suits you. Good to know! The Patriot Act is unconstitutional. Some oath you took.

Civil liberties have been compromised for every American under The Patriot Act, so I do know how it feels to be affected.

And you do not have the right to do anything you please in this country. You have free speech but cannot yell fire in a movie theater. To that I say- too fuucking bad! Now you can own guns, but you cannot buy an AR-15. Too fuucking bad! If you don't like it- move to another country. Although unless it's a third world country- it's not likely to have more lax gun control than we do here.

Address what issues? What the government is attempting to do right now is ban the most efficient killing machines, while still leaving very efficient other killing machines legal- as they should be under the constitution.

If you want to have a reasoned debate don't be rocks to a gun debate. Are you kidding me? Many of the weapons used in these killings were legal. Y'all act like they weren't. I know criminals will still have guns, and that's a shame. Maybe we should throw them all in Guantanamo.
It's amazing how you avoid the actual points of the debate and instead go off on tangents and put words in the mouths of others.

And it's excellent that you belittle the oath that I took when I joined the military. Thanks for that.

And please, tell me, when you're in a gun free zone and you're the only one with a gun, how "efficient" of a killing machine do you need? That crazy fucker ended the spree himself when he took his life. No one stopped him.

But please, don't consider the guy that was pulling the trigger. Consider the gun by itself. If these bans were in place it still would have happened. Just as many people would have probably have been killed. Ever see what an IED can do to a human body? I have. You think guns are the most efficient way to kill? You're sadly mistaken.

But like I said, let's put the real issue on the back burner. Give the people the knee jerk reaction that they want. They want SOMETHING done. Will it make a difference? No. But damn, it sure does make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
__________________
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #70
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 526
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
about 10-15 mins. Less if I'm well rested and still horny

__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #71
GRIFFIN
NWS
 
GRIFFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,700
My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
__________________

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #72
Grande D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 3,327
My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
It's amazing how you avoid the actual points of the debate and instead go off on tangents and put words in the mouths of others.

And it's excellent that you belittle the oath that I took when I joined the military. Thanks for that.

And please, tell me, when you're in a gun free zone and you're the only one with a gun, how "efficient" of a killing machine do you need? That crazy fucker ended the spree himself when he took his life. No one stopped him.

But please, don't consider the guy that was pulling the trigger. Consider the gun by itself. If these bans were in place it still would have happened. Just as many people would have probably have been killed. Ever see what an IED can do to a human body? I have. You think guns are the most efficient way to kill? You're sadly mistaken.

But like I said, let's put the real issue on the back burner. Give the people the knee jerk reaction that they want. They want SOMETHING done. Will it make a difference? No. But damn, it sure does make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
You belittled a part of the constitution that you don't care for. So in effect you marginalized the oath you took. No?
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #73
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,393
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I feel safer already.

Maybe next he president will ask six year olds how to fix the economy.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #74
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,461
My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
The proposed law was to register the gun, and pay a tax for all items to be grandfathered, IE my 6 mags would cost $1200 to "register".
Mags have no serial numbers. So what is gonna make everyone register the millions of mags out there? 80% lowers do not have serial numbers either. So what's with that? How can you register them?

And are there even going to be any guns to register? There's been A LOT of boating accidents lately...
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #75
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Mags have no serial numbers. So what is gonna make everyone register the millions of mags out there? 80% lowers do not have serial numbers either. So what's with that? How can you register them?

And are there even going to be any guns to register? There's been A LOT of boating accidents lately...
errrrrr, I've never seen a lower without a serial number. The lower is the "gun" and thus, has a serial number.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #76
al0513
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central TX
Posts: 990
My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI
Someone has probably said this but what is going to stop someone from pre-loading 10 + 10 round clips?
__________________
al0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #77
LD330XI
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TCs, MN
Posts: 160
My Ride: '05 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
errrrrr, I've never seen a lower without a serial number. The lower is the "gun" and thus, has a serial number.
80% Lowers require a little milling to make them capable of holding all of the trigger parts. That makes it a block of aluminum, not a firearm. Thus there is no serial number.
LD330XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #78
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member
 
HiHoBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,114
My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Many gun nuts- are also right wing guys who support the Patriot Act. Do you support it? Rhetorical question. I have no doubt you'll now claim you aren't one of them.

Regardless- if you support the Patriot Act- and support unconditional ownership of guns in the US- you are a hypocrite. Are you really a constitutionalist? Or just a self-serving ass? Food for thought.



Yes, criminals will still get guns. Not all- but quite a few of the guns used in these shootings were legal. Not illegal guns owned by criminals. Legal guns owned by someone- be it the shooter or a relative- flying under the radar.

Obviously the restrictions won't entirely fix the problem- they can't. But as Obama said- if he can prevent one lost life through the restrictions- it's a victory.
All guns are legal at some point until they are stolen,then the BECOME illegally aquired guns. Possible exception is stuff smuggled from other countries but new laws probably won't slow that down.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
__________________
HiHoBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #79
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,780
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
errrrrr, I've never seen a lower without a serial number. The lower is the "gun" and thus, has a serial number.
No, he's correct. 80% lowers do NOT have serial numbers. They don't because they aren't firearms yet until the internals are milled out and the holes for the pins are drilled, etc. The 80% lower is a way to make your own AR15 at home, which is perfectly legal if you don't build with intent to sell. If you do decide to sell, a serial number must be applied to it I believe.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #80
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,405
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
You belittled a part of the constitution that you don't care for. So in effect you marginalized the oath you took. No?
Sorry, your logic is so convoluted and off topic now I can no longer follow it. You might as well talking about fleshlights at this point.

I imagine, though, that you have some assumptions about my political beliefs. Because you know, if you don't like something the President is doing then you must have posters of Dubya hanging over your bed and an NRA membership.
__________________
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use