E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #81
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
How much did you purchase the mirror for? And where did you get them if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by THECLEANERBEAMER; 01-16-2013 at 04:44 PM.
THECLEANERBEAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #82
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
A buddy of mine parts wrecked ///Ms at his father's shop. I can find out if he has a set available for sale That's where I got my set for my ZHP
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #83
erod225

My Ride: 2003 M3XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
If you're talking about what is in this picture below...

That strip has to do with how the photo was taken. I used my Nikon D5100 in selective color mode and some areas where I had reflection were greyed out showing the appearance that I had a strip there when it was just a reflection.

If you're going for a more sporty-aggressive look for your sedan then I have to say that mounting OEM M3 side mirrors are a must! It does take lots of work to get them properly mounted but in the end well worth the time, cost, and effort to get them to look OEM... I'm glad I took the time and effort to get mine mounted.

Thanks for the complement on my build though! It's taken lots of money to get my ZHP where it is and I still have a log way to go before I reach my "ZHP perfection"

As for your ride...I think it's totally awesome that you have an S54 tucked inside....totally stealth - love it!
Thanks bro, much appreciated. The shot makes it look like its an led strip, either way its awesome. ddm tuning sells M3 rear view mirros with auto fold as a feature for the sedans. Im jumping on it ASAP. I will def. look you up next time i hit RI... I have family out there.....
Old 01-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #84
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod225 View Post
Thanks bro, much appreciated. The shot makes it look like its an led strip, either way its awesome. ddm tuning sells M3 rear view mirros with auto fold as a feature for the sedans. Im jumping on it ASAP. I will def. look you up next time i hit RI... I have family out there.....
Do not get them!!! They are not M3 mirrors....they will look nothing like the OEM M3 side mirrors just so you know...

They are sold as "M3 Rep Mirrors", they are actually replica E39 ///M5 side mirrors, not OE E46 ///M3 side mirrors. Not even close as you can see in the first group of pictures below...

Here's what they look like when I had M3 reps installed on my 323i

They were autofold just like what DDM is selling....so not worth it after I saw them installed...they did not flow with the 3-series lines to me...

My OEM M3 side mirrors installed on my ZHP...

If you're looking for that OE look then it's worth the effort to mount the OEM M3 side mirrors, but that's my views on this...

Yeah, if you're ever in Rhody then be sure to look me up!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 01-16-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #85
erod225

Quote:
Do not get them!!! They are not M3 mirrors....they will look nothing like the OEM M3 side mirrors just so you know...

They are sold as "M3 Rep Mirrors", they are actually replica E39 ///M5 side mirrors, not OE E46 ///M3 side mirrors. Not even close as you can see in the first group of pictures below...

Here's what they look like when I had M3 reps installed on my 323i

They were autofold just like what DDM is selling....so not worth it after I saw them installed...they did not flow with the 3-series lines to me...

My OEM M3 side mirrors installed on my ZHP...

If you're looking for that OE look then it's worth the effort to mount the OEM M3 side mirrors, but that's my views on this...

Yeah, if you're ever in Rhody then be sure to look me up!
WOWWWW, that sucks lol. If your boy has an extra set let me know, i'll be more than happy to pick them up off his hands...
Old 01-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #86
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod225 View Post
WOWWWW, that sucks lol. If your boy has an extra set let me know, i'll be more than happy to pick them up off his hands...
Sent you PM sir

Yeah, he has a set

Last edited by cak323i; 01-16-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #87
erod225

Quote:
Sent you PM sir

Yeah, he has a set
I sent you a pm buddy
Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #88
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Sent you text with all the info to purchase this set
Old 01-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #89
RuS1k

My Ride: E46 320Ci
Great Car! And the great job!
RuS1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #90
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuS1k View Post
Great Car! And the great job!
Thank you sir!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #91
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I installed my UUC Corsa exhaust at Chad's house this morning. It took Chad and I about 4 hours to get everything installed. The hardest part was getting the old exhaust disconnected from the exhaust manifold. Chad tried using an impact wrench to get the bolts off and one of them snapped. The bolt had been rusted sufficiently and had fused. The three remaining bolts had to be cut off using a torch Chad had conveniently laying around at his backyard shop.

To add to the difficulty, the bolts remained on the exhaust manifold as they were pressed in. Chad had to heat up the exhaust manifold enough that the bolts glowed red from the heat and then used a hammer to pound them out of the manifold. Once the bolts had been removed the fun part began...

Once the old exhaust had been taken out we cleaned and prepped all the connections to the Corsa exhaust and put everything together. I was happy to let Chad keep my OE exhaust since it was a one piece exhaust....my problem of disposing this exhaust was taken care of very easily... Thanks Chad!!!

I have to say this is one of the many things I have done to my ZHP that I really enjoyed doing. It has become a very fun and exciting car to drive, just like my ///M and is what I call my perfect daily driver

It was very cold and windy outside this morning and we were not at a good area to stay warm...
Not a great angle but this is where Chad had to work to remove the old exhaust from the exhaust manifold

New Corsa put together (not tightened) and loosely mounted, waiting for final adjustments...

The new exhaust mounted...looks perfect!

I will get more pictures in the coming months leading to the reunion As for now, I'm really happy with this install

Last edited by cak323i; 01-19-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #92
Imola.ZHP

My Ride: Imola ZHP
Nice updates!

Call me crazy, but I kinda prefer the OEM mirrors to the M3's... While the e46 does have more curves than an e30 or an e36, its still "squared off" in appearance to me. While I can appreciate someone modding the folding M3 mirrors, I just don't think they go as well as the rectangles, but thats just my opinion...

Love the exhaust, I can't wait to do something with mine...

-- '03 330i ZHP
-- Marcus
Imola.ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #93
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Nice updates!

Call me crazy, but I kinda prefer the OEM mirrors to the M3's... While the e46 does have more curves than an e30 or an e36, its still "squared off" in appearance to me. While I can appreciate someone modding the folding M3 mirrors, I just don't think they go as well as the rectangles, but thats just my opinion...

Love the exhaust, I can't wait to do something with mine...
That's the beauty of modding. There are some who prefer the rectangle "Flag-type" mirrors and others who are looking for something different. I kept with BMW styling because I happen to like it so going with the OEM M3 side mirrors seemed the right thing to do. These mirrors add a more aggressive and sporty look to my ZHP and I'm glad I went this route.

When looking at the M3 "reps" I am the first to say that those mirrors do not go with the 3-series lines but the OEM M3 mirrors however are perfect for the 3-series lines. Afterall... they came with the E46 ///M. As for me, I would have these any day over the more boring rectangle "flag-style" sedan mirrors...

@ Marcus, there's nothing crazy about liking the OE Flag-style mirrors. For some this is the perfect setup. Your Imola ZHP looks clean and I can respect you for wanting to keep it that way. The CSL reps didn't come with the ZHP but they do look great on your car! In fact, I'm thinking of doing the same exact thing but keeping to 18" diameter...

Last edited by cak323i; 01-20-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #94
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Cleaned the ZHP today....was dirrrty...

Clean Corsa .... good ZHP

All I have to say is that I really love this exhaust....
Old 01-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #95
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
looks so good you should make a video on how it sounds I'm kinda thinking between this and the rouge dms exhaust
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #96
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
looks so good you should make a video on how it sounds I'm kinda thinking between this and the rouge dms exhaust
Here's a video clip I made of my friend's UUC Corsa exhaust. When I did this clip I really loved the sound of this exhaust, which is why I now have one mounted on my ZHP

I was lucky when I got mine because I was fortunate enough to get mine from a fellow enthusiast. I don't know too much about the Rouge DMS exhaust personally but have heard that you do get more droning from that exhaust. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with my UUC Corsa and say that it is an awesome exhaust. There is no droning when at highway speeds. It is subtile enough but when you WOT, you really hear your exhaust growl and that's the part I really love...

Last edited by cak323i; 01-28-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #97
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Today my new BC Racing BR-series coilovers arrived. I don't plan to have these installed until sometime in spring. When I do though, I know my ride and handling will be much improved

I realize the coilovers say E46 M3 on the packaging but when ordered I was assured these will mount to my ZHP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Bimmer App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360688014405.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	490386   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360688051190.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	490387   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360688062919.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	490388  

Last edited by cak323i; 02-12-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #98
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Washed off the salt today...

Was nice to see the salt washed off only to have it snow again
Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #99
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Looking good!
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #100
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Looking good!
Thank you sir!