E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #21
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
It seems pretty obvious that Te'o was in on it. It'd be one thing if he referred to her as "someone close to me" but to actually call her his "girlfriend," no way. He made stuff up, milked it, and has ruined his career before it started.
This is what I was thinking. There might be a small chance Te'o was duped. Given his busy schedule, he may have had meet someone online and didn't want to tell anyone he was lame and chatting with someone everyday he never meet.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #22
Laylow

My Ride: Honda
Just read the article on usatoday.com. Teo said he is a victim of someone else sick joke. I don't believe the guy one bit. What a ****ing joke the guy is.
Laylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Just read the article on usatoday.com. Teo said he is a victim of someone else sick joke. I don't believe the guy one bit. What a ****ing joke the guy is.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #24
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
Does this effect his Mormon status? I mean of all people, they should be able to understand not being able to keep up with one of your girlfriends.

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #25
915bimmer

My Ride: e quatro seiz
Not even a month into the new year and someone already pulled off the prank of the year...
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #26
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
915bimmer

My Ride: e quatro seiz
NFL fans are gonna have a field day with him next year. I can see it now, thousands of cardboard cutouts of that girls face throughoutthe stadium.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #28
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
It seems pretty obvious that Te'o was in on it. It'd be one thing if he referred to her as "someone close to me" but to actually call her his "girlfriend," no way. He made stuff up, milked it, and has ruined his career before it started.
I'm not so sure his career is ruined. He may have hurt his draft spot and/or rookie contract. But given what some guys do (fights, dui, thefts) and still get in the league, he'll likely still be playing on Sundays.

Agree with you that it's hard to imagine him not being in on it, though.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #29
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
I'm not so sure his career is ruined. He may have hurt his draft spot and/or rookie contract. But given what some guys do (fights, dui, thefts) and still get in the league, he'll likely still be playing on Sundays.

Agree with you that it's hard to imagine him not being in on it, though.
Perhaps ruined was too strong a word.

I wasn't meaning to say he won't ever be chosen to play as a pro, but I'm still of the opinion his chances to be a significant pro have been severely hurt. He seemed to be pretty well tee'd up. Of course we can never prove/disprove that without a crystal ball.

I'll admit, though, I'm not a college sports fan, so maybe I don't fully appreciate how these things play out...but it certainly seems like this was a planned thing and that makes him look like a nut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #30
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcarle21 View Post
Does this effect his Mormon status? I mean of all people, they should be able to understand not being able to keep up with one of your girlfriends.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #31
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
404 fvcks not found
Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #32
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
I don't think he died, did he? I don't understand how Tuiasosopo could trick Te'o. Dude had to be in on it.
ghorn is saying Te'o is gay with Tuiasosopo and they used the fake GF to hide it.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #33
2000beamer

My Ride: 2000 323i
I'm sure theres a possibility that if Notre Dame finds this whole scheme to be true, they may not allow him to graduate!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #34
impulse90

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
ghorn is saying Te'o is gay with Tuiasosopo and they used the fake GF to hide it.
BOOM!
impulse90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #35
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
This is what I was thinking. There might be a small chance Te'o was duped. Given his busy schedule, he may have had meet someone online and didn't want to tell anyone he was lame and chatting with someone everyday he never meet.
It could be true, I had an online relationship with a girl in college. We talked and chatted online everyday for two weeks. When we were on the phone and her friends asked her who she was talking to and she said, "my boyfriend." I've only seen her pictures, there were no skype or facetime back then. If someone told me she died, I would definitely believe it. As strange as it sounds, you develop strong feelings for that imagery person. So I don't doubt his story.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #36
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
It could be true, I had an online relationship with a girl in college. We talked and chatted online everyday for two weeks. When we were on the phone and her friends asked her who she was talking to and she said, "my boyfriend." I've only seen her pictures, there were no skype or facetime back then. If someone told me she died, I would definitely believe it. As strange as it sounds, you develop strong feelings for that imagery person. So I don't doubt his story.
Did you finally meet her?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #37
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
Did you finally meet her?
No, I chickened out and kinda got annoyed by her strong Christian beliefs. It was cool for a little bit when she said she would pray for me every night. God bless you, blah, blah. After two weeks, I got annoyed by all the Jesus talk, if I wanted to learn the bible, I would go to church. She asked me to visit and even pay for the trip and I lied and told her I am seeing someone local and long distance isn't my thing.

Last edited by Ynot; 01-16-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #38
pointman

My Ride: .
Quote:
Yeah, but the difference is Te'o is an actual heterosexual male.
pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #39
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
interesting.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #40
kpxl1023

My Ride: 24's
Quote:
THis. He's fukked, he'll probably still play in the league but he'll be hated by everyone
kpxl1023 is offline   Reply With Quote