E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
325iAlpine

My Ride: 2001 325i 5MT Sport
New guy from Austin Texas

Hi everyone.

Just picked up a 325i, 2001. Alpine White / Tan - Sport Pkg. 5MT

131,xxx miles. Bought it for $5900. I think it was a pretty good deal. Joined to learn more about the car, and for resources when things go wrong (which I'm prepared that they will!).

Right now mainly looking for guidance... I had the car checked by three techs before buying it. Ended up so far doing an oil/filter change, had the seller replace the V/C gasket, bought four goodyear eagle GT tires, alignment. Found that my lower control arm bushings were shot during tire replacement - had that done too. Otherwise the car seemed to be solid. It's not displaying a SES light, but I see stored codes for O2 and P0491, 492. I found a cool indy BMW place, taking care of all that for around $750... something to do with the air pump, some vac lines and obviously the O2 sensor.

What maintennace would you guys recommend I do at my next oil change? I was planning on doing diff fluid, manual transmission fluid, brake fluid, coolant before summer time comes, and possibly spark plugs since I can't tell that they have been replaced.

I unfortunately don't have a clear history on it, but it appears well cared for.

Thanks! Any and all input would be well appreciated!

- Tyler
325iAlpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
325iAlpine

Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
325iAlpine

Forgot to mention, just got Infra-Red Window Tinting, and a Clearshield clear bra installed and bought a new set of BMW mats. Looking for the trunk mat now... :-)

Last edited by 325iAlpine; 12-08-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
steve bettencourt

My Ride: 2003 m3
Hi 325I Alpine
I am thinking of going to the F1 race 2013, I booked at the crown plaza but I don't know how far from the hotel to the track or from the airport is there anyway for you to find out and let me know if I should change hotel for a more central location or anyone on the forum with information would be nice
Thanks Steve
steve bettencourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
325iAlpine

Steve, I attended F1 this year and in all honesty the only place where you will for sure have little to no issue getting to the races from is the Hilton at the Austin Airport. Only downside is there is nothing near the airport worth doing when you're not at the races, so you will want a rental vehicle to go into the city. It's only about a 10-15 minute drive though.

Hope that helps!

-Tyler

Last edited by 325iAlpine; 01-04-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
rg1bmw

My Ride: 2002 Infiniti Q45
Welcome

2002 BMW 530i

Black Leather/5 Speed/Sport Package
rg1bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
welcome
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #8
steve bettencourt

My Ride: 2003 m3
Hi Tyler
I have already booked hotel Crown Plaza and air fare, hotels at airport the prices is outrageous , which corner would recommend just waiting for race tickets to be released, how is the public transportation or taxis .I have a whiteline rear sway bar if you were closer you could have it for free they sent the wrong one its sitting in my basement getting dust ,nice car you will enjoy driving it
Steve
steve bettencourt is offline   Reply With Quote