E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #81
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
bullpup dual tube shotgun. I really want one.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #82
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
There are a few other brands not on the list...maybe someone can explain to me....legally, since they didn't ban ALL the manufacturers, why aren't all the banned guys suing the state of NY for this? Seems like this is exclusionary.
See the part in bold.

Quote:
Realizing that the New York Safe Act may generate questions from gun owners and members of the public, a list of weapons that are classified as "assault weapons" are listed below. The new law places restrictions on the ability to purchase these weapons or to transfer them to another person. Under the new statute, those who lawfully possess these weapons prior to the enactment of this law must register them within one year of the effective date of the statute. This list is intended only as a guide and is not meant to be an exclusive, exhaustive list as there may be additional weapons that will also meet the amended definition under the new law.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #83
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
See the part in bold.
Yea, I read that after I made the post. My browser window was cut off at the top, and I didn't see that text until after. Makes sense now.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #84
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
This thread is scary.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #85
MrWesson

My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
Vote with a Uhaul.

Take your money elsewhere PERIOD!

If next week your house isn't on the market or your 2 week put into your job you are part of the problem.

I wish it could be implemented in reality the way it is in theory. If a small portion of every pro gun citizen moved from states like NY to states who are pro 2nd your voice would be heard and the cause stronger than living in a state where you are outnumbered 2-1. Your vote is simply not tallied there.

2-1 in NY is alot of people.

Last edited by MrWesson; 01-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.
MrWesson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #86
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
So O'Malley has stated that he will push for tighter legislation than NY... thoughts?

Should I run out and buy a walther asap or you think that pistols will always be ok?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #87
Green_Shine

NY residents have to sell their mags, not guns correct?

Last edited by Green_Shine; 01-17-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #88
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
NY residents have to sell their mags, not guns correct?
We have 60 days from the 15th. Multiple law suits are being filed because pro 2a attorneys are saying its illegal. Cant quote the law or statue.
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #89
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
So O'Malley has stated that he will push for tighter legislation than NY... thoughts?

Should I run out and buy a walther asap or you think that pistols will always be ok?
If I were in a state talking about tighter restrictions than NY, I'd be buying anything I wanted ASAP...the downside is, they might ban what you just bought and you'd have to sell it quickly.

I'd sooner move than live in a state which stripped me of such freedoms.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #90
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Weapons affected by the new gun laws.

http://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/NYS%5FSAFE%5FAct/
I'm wondering if a Sig 556 would still be legal. Even though Sig Sauier is listedin the AR manufacturers to be banned, the 556 isn't technically an AR15. It also is not specifically called out in the semi-auto rifle section.

It doesn't impact me at all, but just thought it was interesting food for thought.

** Removed **
Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #91
NFRs2000nyc

I suspect the magazine limit will be overturned. They are basically rendering pistols useless since there are no 7 round magazines.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #92
Green_Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
We have 60 days from the 15th. Multiple law suits are being filed because pro 2a attorneys are saying its illegal. Cant quote the law or statue.
Quote:
I suspect the magazine limit will be overturned. They are basically rendering pistols useless since there are no 7 round magazines.
Are they trying to enforce legitimate pocket carry only? Almost all pocket carry or single stacks are 6+1 or 7+1 pending the caliber.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #93
NFRs2000nyc

I don't think they are counting +1 topped off. However, most common handguns like a G19 would be useless.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #94
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Are they trying to enforce legitimate pocket carry only? Almost all pocket carry or single stacks are 6+1 or 7+1 pending the caliber.
Quote:
I don't think they are counting +1 topped off. However, most common handguns like a G19 would be useless.
Right. Basically any double stack mags would be banned. Single stack mags in either compact pistols or larger caliber full size (like 1911's) would largely still be ok, but in general, there aren't a ton of 7rd mags.

** Removed **
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #95
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Right. Basically any double stack mags would be banned. Single stack mags in either compact pistols or larger caliber full size (like 1911's) would largely still be ok, but in general, there aren't a ton of 7rd mags.
Really? My.45 sig 220 elite is basically a 1911, and has an 8 round mag. I haven't seen 1911s with less than 8 rounds, but I'm also not very well versed in 1911s.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #96
Green_Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I bought my first pocket pistol last month 6+1 308. I couldn't believe how quick I ran through a magazine at the range, wow. For concealed carry it is better than my XDm in the glove box but for home defense, not so much.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #97
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Really? My.45 sig 220 elite is basically a 1911, and has an 8 round mag. I haven't seen 1911s with less than 8 rounds, but I'm also not very well versed in 1911s.
Full sized 1911 isn't going to have the smaller mags, but the smaller frames will. Sorry, should have been a little more specific. I was just painting some generalities anyway and used the 1911 as a possible example.

Quote:
I bought my first pocket pistol last month 6+1 308. I couldn't believe how quick I ran through a magazine at the range, wow. For concealed carry it is better than my XDm in the glove box but for home defense, not so much.
Yes, shooting carry guns at the range is annoying because I spend a ton of time reloading my mags. Then again, I don't shoot my pocket pistol at the range a ton.

** Removed **
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #98
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post

Move to VA already!!

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #99
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
I'll rent you my whole basement. And rent my whole top floor to Adam.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #100
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
i thought we had a year to sell them? as well as a year to register any ar/ Assault weapon purchsed before the date of the ban

Last edited by Sentaruu; 01-17-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote