E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #81
snaponbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lees Summit
Posts: 67
My Ride: 2001 E46 325i Tourin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
I ran your personality profile and it comes up you believe more in astrology than science. We have no need for that!
snaponbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #82
sprintman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 3,935
My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
I ran your personality profile and it comes up you believe more in astrology than science. We have no need for that!
I understand oil, you don't, and as this is an oil thread you're up shite creek without a paddle.
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #83
sprintman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 3,935
My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
Viscosity is viscosity. 40W is 40W. Not thick or thin.
Have you worked it out yet dumbo? A tip, go look at an SAE viscosity chart
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #84
Stinger9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,841
My Ride: '04 330Ci
I took a look at your chart and learned from it.
It taught me that even if you were right, you're the kind of guy who never learns why no one likes you. Guess it just doesn't matter to you?
Dale Carnegie was talking to you.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #85
sprintman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 3,935
My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
I took a look at your chart and learned from it.
It taught me that even if you were right, you're the kind of guy who never learns why no one likes you. Guess it just doesn't matter to you?
Dale Carnegie was talking to you.
You're a bullshitter, I'm not. Sticks in your craw mate, but you'll get over it.
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #86
RayPooley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,440
My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
How do you use this BG MOA additive? Do you add a can at oil change time? Do you top up with it on an ongoing basis? Could I just start by adding it next time I need to top up? What's the regime with this stuff? Sounds good.
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #87
snaponbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lees Summit
Posts: 67
My Ride: 2001 E46 325i Tourin
@ stinger9 - he doesn't get it. HE is smart, everyone else is not. People using "recommended" oil are having consumption problems with their M and S54s, people with other oils are having consumption problems with the M and S54s. Looks like M and S54s have oil consumption problems. Some things are obvious, and their are a select few that simply do not get that.
snaponbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #88
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPooley View Post
How do you use this BG MOA additive? Do you add a can at oil change time? Do you top up with it on an ongoing basis? Could I just start by adding it next time I need to top up? What's the regime with this stuff? Sounds good.
Yeah just add a can the next time u change out your oil. I think a can is able to support up to x quart. I need to look at the bottle to find out.

sent from my HTC EVO+ using Bimmer App
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #89
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito0 View Post
and this BG MOA additive looks exactly like this, correct??



i just want to make sure before i add any additive into the engine.

thanks!
Yup that is it. I have seen multiple BMW dealerships uses and recommend BG products. The funny thing is that BMW (the company) doesn't recommend any oil additives

sent from my HTC EVO+ using Bimmer App
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #90
snaponbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lees Summit
Posts: 67
My Ride: 2001 E46 325i Tourin
Having been and around the auto industry for 30+ years, one must balance product suggestions with profit motive. MANY service writers at dealerships are paid salary AND commissions. If you and I can buy MOA for $8-10 each, and dealerships can/do sell it for $20-25 ............ That said, dealerships need to make a profit and have a LOT of risk/liability/overhead. But I have seen the full suite of BG, engine and trans flushes, f.i./carbon services all pushed even on cars well inside warranty. Yet, coolant and brake flushes are often NOT encouraged. Why? Some services are labor intensive, and some are not. Less labor, more profit. Choose wisely.
snaponbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #91
sprintman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 3,935
My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaponbob View Post
@ stinger9 - he doesn't get it. HE is smart, everyone else is not. People using "recommended" oil are having consumption problems with their M and S54s, people with other oils are having consumption problems with the M and S54s. Looks like M and S54s have oil consumption problems. Some things are obvious, and their are a select few that simply do not get that.
Oil consumption in E46 engines here is basically unknown. We don't use CAFE viscosity XW30 oils. Maybe you can GET that?
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #92
Stinger9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,841
My Ride: '04 330Ci
I got something sticky on my shoe and no matter how hard I scrape it, it just won't come off. How can I get rid of this?
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #93
sprintman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 3,935
My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
I got something sticky on my shoe and no matter how hard I scrape it, it just won't come off. How can I get rid of this?
Stop being a penis cranium maybe?
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #94
Stinger9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,841
My Ride: '04 330Ci
Ugh, now it's starting to smell.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #95
sprintman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 3,935
My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
Ugh, now it's starting to smell.
Yup, you do............
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #96
snaponbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lees Summit
Posts: 67
My Ride: 2001 E46 325i Tourin
Some folks have shared the opinion that you are an a-hole. Proven. And may I add childish. Take a walk-about and have a private hissy fit. Apparently Americans that own E46s with M54s and high oil consumption aren't good enough. The Germans must have sent Australia all the good ones.
snaponbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #97
sprintman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 3,935
My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaponbob View Post
Some folks have shared the opinion that you are an a-hole. Proven. And may I add childish. Take a walk-about and have a private hissy fit. Apparently Americans that own E46s with M54s and high oil consumption aren't good enough. The Germans must have sent Australia all the good ones.
Christ you're slow. Again we DON'T USE XW30 OIL. What part of that don't you understand?
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #98
snaponbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lees Summit
Posts: 67
My Ride: 2001 E46 325i Tourin
You pompous windbag, people running XW40 have consumption issues as well. Even with your magic damn LL stuff. Oil can not accommodate for bore that wear egg shaped (common) or CCV systems that clog up despite proper maintenance. Maybe your air is magic. But HERE, oiling issues in M54s is as common as mice -------------- without regard for what oil is used or apparently the car's history. You can huff and puff all you want, but M54s have issues.
snaponbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #99
sprintman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 3,935
My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaponbob View Post
You pompous windbag, people running XW40 have consumption issues as well. Even with your magic damn LL stuff. Oil can not accommodate for bore that wear egg shaped (common) or CCV systems that clog up despite proper maintenance. Maybe your air is magic. But HERE, oiling issues in M54s is as common as mice -------------- without regard for what oil is used or apparently the car's history. You can huff and puff all you want, but M54s have issues.
Not here in god's country they don't!
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #100
snaponbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lees Summit
Posts: 67
My Ride: 2001 E46 325i Tourin
Well, if E46s (at least M54 equipped ones) have no issues, then you CAN'T know what you are talking about since you have nothing there to learn on. So, sit down over in the corner, ****, and we'll call you when/if we need you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snaponbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use