E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #141
Vincent_m3

My Ride: 04 M3
49ers will win the superbowl 2013
Vincent_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #142
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
Pats v pack in the big one...packers clean house and bring the trophy back home

Anyone who disagrees is a *******
Not, Packers not Pats, they are going to lose in Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Baltimore looked good today. I never saw that coming at the beginning of the year.
They did what they were supposed to do, I didn't think Colts is going to win in Baltimore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_m3 View Post
49ers will win the superbowl 2013
They are not even going to make it, don't get too excited.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #143
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
Pats v pack in the big one...packers clean house and bring the trophy back home

Anyone who disagrees is a *******
With you right up until outcome of SB, it will be Brady not Rogers hoisting MVP trophy amidst ticker tape downpour, we're overdue and it's time.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #144
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Not, Packers not Pats, they are going to lose in Denver
No chance, we own Manning in playoffs. Will give him mile high salute as he trudges off field to go see Sheli at Archie's house.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #145
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
No chance, we own Manning in playoffs. Will give him mile high salute as he trudges off field to go see Sheli at Archie's house.
And Bronco's owned Brady, Brady has a really bad record vs the Broncos. Except for the last playoff game. I recall Bronco's beating him all the time even with qb's like Kyle Orton. Just googled it, last year's playoff was only the second time Brady beat the bronco's in 8 games. Nov 3, 2003 was the first time he beat us, no wonder I don't remember that. I remember every time we played him, people were always taking about how great he is but I never saw it. He was pretty impressive last year but this year is totally different. I didn't think we had a chance last year. It'll be a close game but Broncos on top.

Last edited by Ynot; 01-07-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #146
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
First road team with a win = sea turkey's?
yah we got kicked in the face in the 1st quarter (as did RG3) but Beaf' Mo' triumphed as usual
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #147
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
And Bronco's owned Brady, Brady has a really bad record vs the Broncos. Except for the last playoff game. I recall Bronco's beating him all the time even with qb's like Kyle Orton. Just googled it, last year's playoff was only the second time Brady beat the bronco's in 8 games. Nov 3, 2003 was the first time he beat us, no wonder I don't remember that. I remember every time we played him, people were always taking about how great he is but I never saw it. He was pretty impressive last year but this year is totally different. I didn't think we had a chance last year. It'll be a close game but Broncos on top.
Better luck next year with the playoffs and the predictions...

PATS!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #148
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:

PATS!!!!!!
See you in the Superbowl

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #149
Ynot

Quote:

PATS!!!!!!
Sad, the broncos gave that game away. 2:00 left, Ravens without any timeouts and they ran it 3 times, 3 and 7 with 1:27 left and they ran, instead of trying to make a first down and end the game. You got the best qb to ever play the game and is 68% accurate, with two timeouts and 31 seconds left and you kneel down. Less than a minute left and the Ravens have to score a touchdown to tie and all the safeties were playing close to the scrimmage instead of the end zone. You wait until the last game to play conservative when you'd played aggressive all year. They deserve to lose.

My other prediction was Pat is going to win it all if Bronco's don't make it, so you better hope my predictions are still good and not wait til next year. I have to give it to Billicik, he's aggressive all the time, have a killer instinct. Even when they lead by two touchdowns with two minutes left, he still throws the ball. John Fox can learn and thing or two from him.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #150
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:

Yeah, but considering Manning had a broken neck two years ago, he did excellent.
Playing in the NFL is not the best course of action for someone coming off an injury like that. If it was me, I would not want anyone around me for 100 feet.

Quote:

PATS!!!!!!

I was banking on Detroit and Dallas..........both of them failed me.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #151
hizhinezz
Outlier

At least you admit it. :thumbsup

I had three of these teams in league title games, called Pats-Ravens rematch in AFC, thought it would be GB vs SF in NFC with GB winning to face Pats and lose.

Ravens is a tough matchup and home has little advantage as its not that far and they've had success in Foxboro before (butt whipping in playoffs two years ago). Anyone's game, we had luck in last years playoff game, they caught breaks in this years reg season game. I think Pats should win but if Ravens control the ball/clock and Pats O is sluggish we'll be fighting for our lives. Where's Billy Cundiff when you need him? Lol.

Really hoping for Pats-SF as it will be fun to be residing in enemy territory. Having done Yankee Stadium for Sox-Yanks, Meadowlands for Pats-Jets etc these fans out here are not intimidating(I tend to turn down the volume anywhere near Oakland as not to be lynchded and or wilded. I don't see Niners beating us twice in one season with a rookie QB but defense will determine fate if both teams.. Surprised how much smack Niners fans talk about Pats, even before recent matchup, so many haters when you're on top. I cheered for Montana and Young teamsbut fans hate on hometown boy Brady and its always spygate blah blah blah. Would love to bury once and for all and shove in faces of fairweather Niners fans (not the rel ones who are cool).

Lets go Pats!

Last edited by hizhinezz; 01-18-2013 at 07:33 AM.
hizhinezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #152
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
And the falcons prove me right... Chumps

Niners to the superbowl

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.

Last edited by coco savage; 01-20-2013 at 04:57 PM.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #153
coco savage

Quote:
At least you admit it. :thumbsup

I had three of these teams in league title games, called Pats-Ravens rematch in AFC, thought it would be GB vs SF in NFC with GB winning to face Pats and lose.

Ravens is a tough matchup and home has little advantage as its not that far and they've had success in Foxboro before (butt whipping in playoffs two years ago). Anyone's game, we had luck in last years playoff game, they caught breaks in this years reg season game. I think Pats should win but if Ravens control the ball/clock and Pats O is sluggish we'll be fighting for our lives. Where's Billy Cundiff when you need him? Lol.

Really hoping for Pats-SF as it will be fun to be residing in enemy territory. Having done Yankee Stadium for Sox-Yanks, Meadowlands for Pats-Jets etc these fans out here are not intimidating(I tend to turn down the volume anywhere near Oakland as not to be lynchded and or wilded. I don't see Niners beating us twice in one season with a rookie QB but defense will determine fate if both teams.. Surprised how much smack Niners fans talk about Pats, even before recent matchup, so many haters when you're on top. I cheered for Montana and Young teamsbut fans hate on hometown boy Brady and its always spygate blah blah blah. Would love to bury once and for all and shove in faces of fairweather Niners fans (not the rel ones who are cool).

Lets go Pats!
Blah BLAH blah ... Pats going home.

Still no superbowl wins post spygate.

FAIL

Random Images

Quote:
Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #154
MagicFan

My Ride: 2013 Subaru Legacy
We are going to the Superbowl!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #155
nardog

My Ride: e34, totaled e46
Niners and Ravens is going to be a good game.

I give a lot of credit to the falcons for playing very well and almost beating the niners (and giving me a heart attack). A lot of people wrote the falcons off because of their ease of schedule and finishing 13-3.
The niners continue to beat teams with pocket passers and weak running games (Packers x2, Pats (away), Saints, etc).
The niners are good at completely taking away the running game and forcing the opposing team to throw the ball 50+ times (evident against Packers, Saints, etc). Harbaugh and Fangio seldom send more than 4 rushers on passing plays, forcing the quarterback to throw into coverage with usually decent pressure on the throw, this philosophy relies on that the more the quarterback throws, the more likely he is to make a mistake, and it has worked, it was evident today against the falcons.

The Ravens pose a problem to the Niners though I will admit. The Ravens have a more balanced approach on offense with a bruising and consistent running game, with a good passer in Joe Flacco. If the ravens can run the ball effectively and open up the passing game for Flacco, it's going to be a really close game, especially if their defense can keep playing the way it has been, of which they have seemed to reach full strength after dealing with a plethora of injuries throughout the season.

Can't wait for the game!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #156
hizhinezz
Outlier

Hats off to Ravens they were the better team and deserve to be there. Having played both teams this year I think they're well matched but I give a slight mod to Baltkmate since they've got more experience, huge underlying stories (death of Modell, disabled player, pending retirement of RLewis), but Kapernick is exciting and Niners D can be stifling.

My prediction:

Ravens 27
Niners 17
Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #157
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
Blah BLAH blah ... Pats going home.

Still no superbowl wins post spygate.

FAIL
Best franchise in the league, best owner, best QB (all time playoff yardage anyone?)... You hate because you're jealous, but glad you
could take solace in Pats loss since your boys have already been home for a month. No playoffs after winning the SB? Wow, now that's an embarassing flail.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #158
coco savage

Quote:
Best franchise in the league, best owner, best QB (all time playoff yardage anyone?)... You hate because you're jealous, but glad you
could take solace in Pats loss since your boys have already been home for a month. No playoffs after winning the SB? Wow, now that's an embarassing flail.
Your prediction was wrong. Patriots didn't make the superbowl. Fail.

If you want to justify the choke... That's cute but they still lost.

Random Images

Quote:
Old 01-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #159
coco savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnardi View Post
Niners and Ravens is going to be a good game.

I give a lot of credit to the falcons for playing very well and almost beating the niners (and giving me a heart attack). A lot of people wrote the falcons off because of their ease of schedule and finishing 13-3.
The niners continue to beat teams with pocket passers and weak running games (Packers x2, Pats (away), Saints, etc).
The niners are good at completely taking away the running game and forcing the opposing team to throw the ball 50+ times (evident against Packers, Saints, etc). Harbaugh and Fangio seldom send more than 4 rushers on passing plays, forcing the quarterback to throw into coverage with usually decent pressure on the throw, this philosophy relies on that the more the quarterback throws, the more likely he is to make a mistake, and it has worked, it was evident today against the falcons.

The Ravens pose a problem to the Niners though I will admit. The Ravens have a more balanced approach on offense with a bruising and consistent running game, with a good passer in Joe Flacco. If the ravens can run the ball effectively and open up the passing game for Flacco, it's going to be a really close game, especially if their defense can keep playing the way it has been, of which they have seemed to reach full strength after dealing with a plethora of injuries throughout the season.

Can't wait for the game!
I wonder what it will take for the falcons to have real success in the playoffs

Random Images

Quote:
Old 01-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #160
Treburkulosis

My Ride: BMW
9ers by 155
Treburkulosis is offline   Reply With Quote