E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #21
GlockMan
Registered User
 
GlockMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,968
My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by al0513 View Post
.45 has always been available here.... One reason why I just picked up a 1911
.40 lasted the longest here...
__________________
.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014?



Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #22
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange
 
MpoweredM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 13,302
My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
I really want a .17 HMR. Ammo always available. Seems like it would be fun to shoot. (Mostly all bolt action from what I kind find) instead of getting a .22 savage.
__________________

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3


Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #23
carcus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mountain Roads
Posts: 5,567
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by al0513 View Post
.45 has always been available here.... One reason why I just picked up a 1911
Love my 1911 also and even though 45 is in stock, still not ready to drop all the money on the 45 ammo for range shooting. Now, if I find some TULA 45 ACP....that is a different story. Funny thing is nobody used to buy TULA, now that is the first thing that goes out of stock. I used to buy that stuff for the range all the time, my Glocks loved it and cheap as hell.
__________________
2006 M5 E60, "Lord Vader" Last real NA M series
German Car Fanatic. Colorado ///M Flight member, BMW CCA member.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,759
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Just snagged 600rds of 9mm guy wouldn't let me buy the whole case. I walked in as he was opening the box.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #25
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Just snagged 600rds of 9mm guy wouldn't let me buy the whole case. I walked in as he was opening the box.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Go back with a wig and a British accent.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #26
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
I didn't read or hear anything on banning ammo. Why is it so hard to find, paranoia?
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #27
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 561
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
I didn't read or hear anything on banning ammo. Why is it so hard to find, paranoia?
That is what I am wondering. Ammo will always be produced and manufactured.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #28
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,872
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I think it's just more a matter of availability. If I want to go shoot and either I have no ammo or have very little of it, I know I'm going to be up a creek shortly. It may be months before I have a chance to grab stuff at reasonable prices again. Buying when opportunity presents itself negates that somewhat
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #29
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member
 
HiHoBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,113
My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
That is what I am wondering. Ammo will always be produced and manufactured.
I think just like when "a gas shortage" incident or demand occurs the price goes up then never comes down because Indistrusty saw that people will pay. Now we have an ammo demand and artificial shortage. You will likely see prices go up,and never come back down. Also some states are toying with the idea of a 50% tax on ammo. Because criminals won't shoot people if bullet prices rise. Buying In bulk now is part paranoid newbs,and also regular shooters that want to buy before prices are inflated to insane amounts.
And buying ammo at retail can be listed privately for almost 100% markup by price gouging dirtbags.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
__________________
HiHoBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #30
al0513
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central TX
Posts: 990
My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
Love my 1911 also and even though 45 is in stock, still not ready to drop all the money on the 45 ammo for range shooting. Now, if I find some TULA 45 ACP....that is a different story. Funny thing is nobody used to buy TULA, now that is the first thing that goes out of stock. I used to buy that stuff for the range all the time, my Glocks loved it and cheap as hell.
I can find federal .45 here. Tula and wolf are always gone.
__________________
al0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:51 AM   #31
carcus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mountain Roads
Posts: 5,567
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoBrian View Post
I think just like when "a gas shortage" incident or demand occurs the price goes up then never comes down because Indistrusty saw that people will pay. Now we have an ammo demand and artificial shortage. You will likely see prices go up,and never come back down. Also some states are toying with the idea of a 50% tax on ammo. Because criminals won't shoot people if bullet prices rise. Buying In bulk now is part paranoid newbs,and also regular shooters that want to buy before prices are inflated to insane amounts.
And buying ammo at retail can be listed privately for almost 100% markup by price gouging dirtbags.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Correct....but not all regular shooters are willing to throw hundreds of dollars for 9mm and 22LR. People like me wait and buy what we can and just limit our range shooting till the paranoia settles. I never thought I would see a shortage of 22LR.

EDIT: Normally before this madness started, I would shoot 400 rounds total a week at the range. Usually 9mm, some 45 and 22. Now I am stuck with just 22 unless I can find 9mm. For me, kinda pointless to go shooting at the range with 100 rounds. I will save it till I get 400 rounds.

Also, I always have at least 2 mags full of home defense/carry rounds for my 9mm, 40, and 10mm, and 45. Needless to say I do not waste that at the range except every year when I rotate ammo and function check. Hell, right now finding Glock 20 15 round mags is almost impossible. All I want are 2 extra.
__________________
2006 M5 E60, "Lord Vader" Last real NA M series
German Car Fanatic. Colorado ///M Flight member, BMW CCA member.

Last edited by carcus; 01-20-2013 at 01:57 AM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #32
SD 328I
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,848
My Ride: S197, E90, and 1125R
Winchester White Box for 100rnds 9mm I remember buying a 4 boxes last week for like $22 or so each, here in San Diego. Too many people are buying them out right now though.
__________________

Last edited by SD 328I; 01-20-2013 at 01:55 AM.
SD 328I is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #33
GlockMan
Registered User
 
GlockMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,968
My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Went to Wallyworld yesterday, case was bone dry. 20ga was only available.

Talked to the dept person. Shipment came in the morning, guy bought it all before it was unpacked.
__________________
.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014?



Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #34
MrWesson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 357
My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
Remember this next time. After the 2008 I set myself to reload.

If you cant make your own ammo you are doing it wrong.
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #35
GlockMan
Registered User
 
GlockMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,968
My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWesson View Post
Remember this next time. After the 2008 I set myself to reload.

If you cant make your own ammo you are doing it wrong.
I used to reload when I shot more. Became more hassle than it was worth (to me.)

I think it was about half the cost of factory back then.

Have not compared pricing lately.
__________________
.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014?



Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #36
al0513
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central TX
Posts: 990
My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman View Post
i used to reload when i shot more. Became more hassle than it was worth (to me.)

i think it was about half the cost of factory back then.

Have not compared pricing lately.
+1
__________________
al0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #37
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 561
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
Correct....but not all regular shooters are willing to throw hundreds of dollars for 9mm and 22LR. People like me wait and buy what we can and just limit our range shooting till the paranoia settles. I never thought I would see a shortage of 22LR.

EDIT: Normally before this madness started, I would shoot 400 rounds total a week at the range. Usually 9mm, some 45 and 22. Now I am stuck with just 22 unless I can find 9mm. For me, kinda pointless to go shooting at the range with 100 rounds. I will save it till I get 400 rounds.

Also, I always have at least 2 mags full of home defense/carry rounds for my 9mm, 40, and 10mm, and 45. Needless to say I do not waste that at the range except every year when I rotate ammo and function check. Hell, right now finding Glock 20 15 round mags is almost impossible. All I want are 2 extra.
I was at a gun show this weekend in Pittsburgh. It was a madhouse. Everything was priced high, even handguns. Ammo was insane. A box of Tul/Wolf ammo was selling for $9.00 a box of 20 at the cheapest. Wal-mart sells the same stuff for about $4.85 a box, or at least did.

I saw some ARs going for 2.5-3k. I didn't see a single AK for under $1200. Unreal. Even handguns were expensive. Bersa T380 were going for $320+ (I one years ago for $225). LCPs were upper 300s. And no one would budge on prices because they were getting what they asking for.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #38
carcus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mountain Roads
Posts: 5,567
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I was at a gun show this weekend in Pittsburgh. It was a madhouse. Everything was priced high, even handguns. Ammo was insane. A box of Tul/Wolf ammo was selling for $9.00 a box of 20 at the cheapest. Wal-mart sells the same stuff for about $4.85 a box, or at least did.

I saw some ARs going for 2.5-3k. I didn't see a single AK for under $1200. Unreal. Even handguns were expensive. Bersa T380 were going for $320+ (I one years ago for $225). LCPs were upper 300s. And no one would budge on prices because they were getting what they asking for.
Stay away from gun shows, I learned that a month ago. Not worth the $10 entry fee I paid. I had to see for myself though. I would rather buy from a pawn shop than ANY gun show right now or Armslist.

But I am good to go and the market is in my favor for what I own. But I am not selling right now.
__________________
2006 M5 E60, "Lord Vader" Last real NA M series
German Car Fanatic. Colorado ///M Flight member, BMW CCA member.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #39
ZkansasZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 685
My Ride: a horse
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
Stay away from gun shows, I learned that a month ago. Not worth the $10 entry fee I paid. I had to see for myself though. I would rather buy from a pawn shop than ANY gun show right now or Armslist.

But I am good to go and the market is in my favor for what I own. But I am not selling right now.
I learned that too on last saturday...
wasted the 10 bucks for car fee AND 10 more for ticket...
__________________
02AccordV6(sold) 03350zMT(sold) 04E46///M3MT(sold) 06RSXauto 07G35auto
ZkansasZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #40
al0513
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central TX
Posts: 990
My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI
Yikes!! Houston? Ft Worth Gun Show last month was just as crazy.

Plus wish some of those people would shower more than once a week.
__________________
al0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use