E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #61
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
I never said it was a simple system, just stating that most common problems are already known which in turn are easier to track down.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #62
JR @ RS WORX
Sponsor

My Ride: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
I agree...I am against the Meth system myself and in the future will be turning it into a standard 50/50 setup for cooling but will not rely on it by any means.
Have you ever had any experience with Aquamist?
JR @ RS WORX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #63
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR @ RS WORX View Post
Have you ever had any experience with Aquamist?
The HPF system is actually very intuitive and has decent safeguards but the issue is that the HPF meth system is designed for 100% meth and the injectors pull duty so for a split second there is potential for big failure...but to answer you question no and I can't compare the two without doing some research.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #64
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
The HPF system is actually very intuitive and has decent safeguards but the issue is that the HPF meth system is designed for 100% meth and the injectors pull duty so for a split second there is potential for big failure...but to answer you question no and I can't compare the two without doing some research.
I've preached since day one that the meth system was a great idea when it works, and well developed but that still doesn't remove the chance of failure.. due to all the safe guards and complexity it is a bear to troubleshoot.. and if DURING meth injection something fails its reactive.. (impossible to be proactive in a situation like that) and so for that split second.. your little 3.2l that makes 800rwhp runs lean.. and that can be JUST ENOUGH to hose something.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #65
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: HPF M3 2.5+
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I've preached since day one that the meth system was a great idea when it works, and well developed but that still doesn't remove the chance of failure.. due to all the safe guards and complexity it is a bear to troubleshoot.. and if DURING meth injection something fails its reactive.. (impossible to be proactive in a situation like that) and so for that split second.. your little 3.2l that makes 800rwhp runs lean.. and that can be JUST ENOUGH to hose something.
I would like to see 50/50 mix of meth pump and water so it's non flammable and tune the car for that. ( I would worry about pooling in the intake and a manifold explosion). I would also add the AEM meth fail-safe gauge and have it trigger the low boost map if pressure drops. I would feel a lot better running it.. Since I had my AEM unlocked I'm going to make theses changes with 94 pump and see what numbers it makes.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #66
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
I would like to see 50/50 mix of meth pump and water so it's non flammable and tune the car for that. ( I would worry about pooling in the intake and a manifold explosion). I would also add the AEM meth fail-safe gauge and have it trigger the low boost map if pressure drops. I would feel a lot better running it.. Since I had my AEM unlocked I'm going to make theses changes with 94 pump and see what numbers it makes.
Not to mention the 50/50 mix is less corrosive than pure meth.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #67
MaverickM3

My Ride: gets badge
Saad/ProEFI stage 3 makes 940whp? Dyno? Didn't even know they had completed a stage 1 or 2 kit/setup for that matter.
MaverickM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #68
JR @ RS WORX
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickM3 View Post
Saad/ProEFI stage 3 makes 940whp? Dyno? Didn't even know they had completed a stage 1 or 2 kit/setup for that matter.
Jasons old car made 940whp.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #69
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
My Ride: Is very FAST
Perhaps the Saad Racing kit is a bit more expensive than the other available kits but it has been proven to make the most HP. Just look at the trap speeds the cars run in the 1/4 mile. They are 10+ mph than any other cars out there even the HPF orange car! Gotta pay to play guys!
Sound Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #70
garrett2r2taz

My Ride: the bus
Saad Racing stage 1 kit is 9999.99 But the pre rec. is as of "RIGHT NOW" you need a pro-efi which go from 2700-3600, stage 1 does not include a new intake, you can get the stage 2 the only difference is the intake manifold,i Have talked to saad and they currently are working on a DME tune working with jason at pro-efi to try and make the best DME tune.
garrett2r2taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #71
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Jasons old car made 940whp.
On the 6766? With or W/O the bottle? I'm sure it did.. but with what configuration?

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:58 AM   #72
M5chas

My Ride: e90 m3 + cornfed gtr
I never got a straight answer out of Jason regarding the hp numbers on his car, not that #s were needed, as its trap speed obviously backed up any number that might be needed. When I owned it, Garth at Undercover Performance tuned it and it made 890whp on a mustang.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #73
JR @ RS WORX
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
On the 6766? With or W/O the bottle? I'm sure it did.. but with what configuration?
It made 940whp without spray.

Then made 1060whp with spray

all on the 6766
Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #74
JR @ RS WORX
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5chas View Post
I never got a straight answer out of Jason regarding the hp numbers on his car, not that #s were needed, as its trap speed obviously backed up any number that might be needed. When I owned it, Garth at Undercover Performance tuned it and it made 890whp on a mustang.
When did you sell it?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #75
323tom

My Ride: Turbo 323 ;)
1060 whp?! Really with a 6766 and how much spray? Does Jason's old car have a tubular manifold? Also he always dynos on a dynojet correct?
Quote:
It made 940whp without spray.

Then made 1060whp with spray

all on the 6766
Old 01-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #76
E85head

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323tom View Post
1060 whp?! Really with a 6766 and how much spray? Does Jason's old car have a tubular manifold? Also he always dynos on a dynojet correct?
Have you had yours on the dyno again?
E85head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #77
323tom

My Ride: Turbo 323 ;)
Not yet, still patiently waiting for sound performance to put the FSR tubular mani on my car and see what it's capable of
Quote:
Originally Posted by E85head View Post
Have you had yours on the dyno again?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #78
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Not yet, still patiently waiting for sound performance to put the FSR tubular mani on my car and see what it's capable of
At this rate winter will be over before then
Old 01-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #79
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

My Ride: S600
Jason's car had a prototype Saad Racing tubular exhaust manifold. The new design is much better than the old and the old one was the best at the time it was made.

Quote:
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #80
E85head

My Ride: E46 M3

Project status:
E85head is offline   Reply With Quote