E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #101
TSR6

My Ride: Keg Sled
Time for some NY'ers to bury some loaded pmags in a welded up steel box in a safe location....
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #102
ZkansasZ

My Ride: a horse
http://news.yahoo.com/yall-come-texa...223149333.html
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #103
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Good ol state of Georgia is a very nice place for firearm owners...there is actually a law in Kennesaw, GA where you have to have a firearm in your house.

^c***s
2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #104
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Sweet. NYrkers have been leaving the state for a while now. Better jobs and better quality of life is a big pull. I left NY and will be leaving the region entirely sooner or later. I'd move to Texas in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the damn heat. I don't do heat very well.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #105
ZkansasZ

My Ride: a horse
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Sweet. NYrkers have been leaving the state for a while now. Better jobs and better quality of life is a big pull. I left NY and will be leaving the region entirely sooner or later. I'd move to Texas in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the damn heat. I don't do heat very well.
Actually it's not too bad imo
I moved here from Kansas in 2009 and I started liking it
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #106
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Speaking of pending VA legislation....

I'm reasonably sure the House would be a gun free zone, probably with federal penalty for breaking such a law. Why are politicians allowed to get away with it?
Notice he has his thumb ON THE TRIGGER, mag inserted, bolt closed. What a fvcktard. Clearly the lawmakers in this country are the ones with the least exposure to the subject which they wish to regulate.

Virginia Lawmaker Brandishes AK-47 on House Floor
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...-politics.html

Quote:
A Virginia state lawmaker brandished an AK-47 on the floor of the state House of Delegates Thursday.
Virginia Del. Joe Morrissey, a Democrat hailing from the Richmond area, showed off the weapon while pushing for tighter gun-control laws, The Washington Examiner reported.
"A lot of people don't know that in many locations in the commonwealth, you can take this gun, you can walk in the middle of Main Street loaded and not be in violation of the law," Morrissey said on the floor, according to the Examiner, assuring other lawmakers that the gun was not loaded.
A subcommittee voted Thursday night to kill a bill Morrissey introduced that would have tightened gun controls in the state, The Roanoke Times reported. That bill would have banned the sale of so-called assault rifles and high-capacity magazines.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #107
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Damn that thumb hole stock is scary.

I might have nightmares. JJ, hold me.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #108
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post

I'm reasonably sure the House would be a gun free zone, probably with federal penalty for breaking such a law. Why are politicians allowed to get away with it?
Notice he has his thumb ON THE TRIGGER, mag inserted, bolt closed. What a fvcktard. Clearly the lawmakers in this country are the ones with the least exposure to the subject which they wish to regulate.

Holy crap.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #109
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Really annoyed by this... apparently OMalley is going to attempt to do something verrrry similar today.

I hear all this joking about "i lost my gun" but let's be realistic and acknowledge that isn't going to work. As for high cap magazines, if they require we sell them to those out of state, I can't imagine it would be a good idea to hide them in our homes and assume we're ok. Even if they can't find them, what would be the point of owning them?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #110
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Not sure about Virgina, but the Texas Capitol specifically encourages folks to come in armed. Even created a special CHL entrance line in 2010, which bypasses the metal detectors (and long lines).

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...texas-capitol/

Pretty sure most of our State Legislators are packing, and this ^idiot would have been immediately called out on his safety violations, then promptly laughed off the floor.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #111
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:

US vs. Them my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #112
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Really annoyed by this... apparently OMalley is going to attempt to do something verrrry similar today.

I hear all this joking about "i lost my gun" but let's be realistic and acknowledge that isn't going to work. As for high cap magazines, if they require we sell them to those out of state, I can't imagine it would be a good idea to hide them in our homes and assume we're ok. Even if they can't find them, what would be the point of owning them?
Looks like its time buy my s&w m&p .40
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #113
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:

"Holding" the weapon would be brandishing, which is illegal. Having it slung, though, would be no problem.

But now we have a man brandishing a weapon on the House of Delegates floor.

Was he arrested? Will he be charged with anything?

I'll bet dollars to donuts that if I stood on the House floor brandishing a firearm, there would be no opportunity for arrest or prosecution. I'd just be shot. By an armed guard.

Last edited by NOVAbimmer; 01-18-2013 at 12:31 PM.
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #114
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
It is legal to bring a gun into the state government buildings, as long as you have a CCP. Just not courthouses.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #115
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Looks like its time buy my s&w m&p .40
You really think Omalley would go as far as banning pistols? I would grab a rifle if I were you.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #116
BMW_Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
You really think Omalley would go as far as banning pistols? I would grab a rifle if I were you.
I am debating buying a lower cause they're cheap. Recommendations? Where's reedo lol. There isn't a chance he will ban pistols. If you ban pistols, That's pretty much the end to HD situations. Shotguns aren't always feasible.
It's the process I won't go through. Finger printing? Background investigation? Medical history? No. I have nothing to hide...theres just no reason for me to go through all that.

Plus, there's no where local to shoot that has >50 yards.

Last edited by BMW_Matt; 01-18-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #117
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I am debating buying a lower cause they're cheap. Recommendations? Where's reedo lol. There isn't a chance he will ban pistols. If you ban pistols, That's pretty much the end to HD situations. Shotguns aren't always feasible.
It's the process I won't go through. Finger printing? Background investigation? Medical history? No. I have nothing to hide...theres just no reason for me to go through all that.

Plus, there's no where local to shoot that has >50 yards.
Pistols directly cant be banned, but you can get close (like NY) requiring that you cannot own a magazine larger than 7 rounds. That basically makes all guns useless with the exception of some carry models and revolvers.

Cheap lowers don't exist right now. Buy what you want, overpay, and call it a day.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #118
BMW_Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Pistols directly cant be banned, but you can get close (like NY) requiring that you cannot own a magazine larger than 7 rounds. That basically makes all guns useless with the exception of some carry models and revolvers.

Cheap lowers don't exist right now. Buy what you want, overpay, and call it a day.
Maybe someone on here bought a bunch and Is willing to sell a newbie one *fingers crossed*
And I'm willing to bet that will be ruled unconstitutional. Defending your home with a 7 round mag...logical.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #119
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Maybe someone on here bought a bunch and Is willing to sell a newbie one *fingers crossed*
And I'm willing to bet that will be ruled unconstitutional. Defending your home with a 7 round mag...logical.
Even if I sold you one, I grossly overpaid for mine (2x and 3.3x the price.)
Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #120
BMW_Matt

Did you get more than one?