E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #161
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,596
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
My arguments were not in favor of Chinese Parenting techniques.

My arguments had to do with one race being superior than another IN A PARTICULAR AREA of endeavor.
I don't need my own theory. I just need to be able to poke holes in yours. And this one statement of yours was your complete and total failure. To assume that one race is superior to another. That it doesn't come from the person or their parents, that it is inherent in the genetic makeup of their race as a whole.

Therein lies your failure. You're absolutely right that it's not your original theory. Lots of people have "scientifically" justified why their race is superior to all of the others.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #162
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
For the record, basketball was invented in 1891, American football was 1869 (although more like rugby to be fair). Both were predominately dominated by "whites" until at least the 1950's. Are you going to tell me that blacks have genetically evolved to be superior in those sports in the last 50-60 years.
Holy cow.
After all my posts, all the explanations, you still come back with a statement like that?
The above shows me the level or reading comprehension and logic that I'm dealing with.
Sad.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #163
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
Po saying "Black are good at some sports and not others" is like me saying "White people are good at drawing cars, but not dancing."
fixed for accuracy.
(in the context that both drawing and dancing are classified as liberal arts).

And for the record, I did not say that. That was you distorting and spinning.
I basically said that we can't conclude that blacks are good in ALL sports because
1) sports encompasses too many disparate activities.
2) we don't have the evidence YET to say that, as blacks don't dominate all sports. But we can definitely say that about the ones they do dominate, and that's the only reason I didn't generalize, like you wanted me to.

Last edited by Master Po; 01-27-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #164
Penguin Koolaid
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,701
My Ride: Inline Six
Time to change the thread title to: Why Black Athletes Are Superior
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #165
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Glad I stayed out of this conversation, but anyone who denies that there are differences between us has their head in the sand. Track & Field is the most pure form of sport, running as fast as you can or jumping as far as you can. No balls to control, nothing to aim at, no defenders or opposing coaches to outwit. There, we see that there are general fundamental differences.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #166
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Glad I stayed out of this conversation, but anyone who denies that there are differences between us has their head in the sand. Track & Field is the most pure form of sport, running as fast as you can or jumping as far as you can. No balls to control, nothing to aim at, no defenders or opposing coaches to outwit. There, we see that there are general fundamental differences.
Give this man a cookie. That's what I'm talking about.

Think of the Kenyan marathoners.
Can't tell me that it's all in their training and that white people just don't train as hard as they do.
With all the technology we have, all the designer sport drinks and powders, all the fancy shoes... they still kick our asses bare footed.

Last edited by Master Po; 01-27-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #167
Penguin Koolaid
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,701
My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
No balls to control, nothing to aim at, no defenders or opposing coaches to outwit. There, we see that there are general fundamental differences.
You're limiting your scope to purely physical attributes. You've neglected to highlight the importance of cognitive evolution, and how it plays an integral part in the success of a given species survival.

A group of species that are able to collectively work as a team while employing superior strategic tactics are as effective if not more effective than a group of species that are unable to collectively work as a team despite having superior individual talents.

And in my example, you can see that there are general fundamental differences in evolution with regards to cognitive ability (i.e., your exclusion of relevant variables in establishing superiotiy in a given sport).
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #168
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
You're limiting your scope to purely physical attributes. You've neglected to highlight the importance of cognitive evolution, and how it plays an integral part in the success of a given species survival.

A group of species that are able to collectively work as a team while employing superior strategic tactics are as effective if not more effective than a group of species that are unable to collectively work as a team despite having superior individual talents.

And in my example, you can see that there are general fundamental differences in evolution with regards to cognitive ability (i.e., your exclusion of relevant variables in establishing superiotiy in a given sport).
He's (and mine) point wasn't to establish superiority of a race. That was a straw man trap set up by NOVAbimmer, and embraced by the likes of rdsesq and hayabusa either because they ran out of content and arguments so they just want to shift focus to something ridiculous, or they seriously are that dense in their reading comprehension.

The point under discussion is: are certain physical attributes inheritable (passed down genetically) or are we all genetically identical at birth (as hinted by rdsesq, since he never had the balls to say it out) and any physical superiority is the result of hard work and practice, practice and practice?
And before rdsesq spin this into something ridiculous, no, that doesn't mean that if Arnold had a son, he would be born with super muscle definition, but it does mean that his son has a higher potential to develop those muscles with a lot of hard word, higher than an average Asian kid could with the same hard work (how do you explain the lack of Asians in Mr. Olympia competitions ).

Your point above is valid though, since they illustrate why one group (say, whites) can, collectively, so successfully dominate another group (say blacks) that has clearly superior physical attributes.
But including those aspects in the discussion only muddies the waters.
Isolating only what matters shows clearly the point that certain physical attributes are inheritable.

Last edited by Master Po; 01-27-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #169
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
I was only referring to physical capabilities. I ran track for 10 years (middle school through collegiate, division, section, state, easterns medalist), it isn't a myth. There are always going to be genetic freaks who can walk on a track without ever training before and break a school record...most of the time its a black guy/girl. I've never seen a white kid do that in my entire life. One of my best friends in high school was one of those guys, broke my long jump record wearing regular sneakers and never showing up for practice. Incredibly gifted.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #170
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,596
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796


lance armstrong is not black.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #171
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,596
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
My arguments were not in favor of Chinese Parenting techniques.

My arguments had to do with one race being superior than another IN A PARTICULAR AREA of endeavor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
He's (and mine) point wasn't to establish superiority of a race.

so again it seems that you're not trying to argue for racial superiority?
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #172
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post


lance armstrong is not black.
No, he's on steroids.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #173
Penguin Koolaid
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,701
My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post


lance armstrong is not black.
That's one bike they won't steal.

Quick, someone make a joke about Michael Phelps, Black people and swimming!
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #174
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Give this man a cookie. That's what I'm talking about.

Think of the Kenyan marathoners.
Can't tell me that it's all in their training and that white people just don't train as hard as they do.
With all the technology we have, all the designer sport drinks and powders, all the fancy shoes... they still kick our asses bare footed.
Kenyans (or the vast majority there of) are blacks
Not all blacks are Kenyans.


Now if you want to speak about very localized genetic adaptation, OK.
But, if your statement was true, the runners from Rwanda, Somaliai, Uganda, Mauritius, & Malawi should all be right there with the Kenyans, and they ain't.
You lose. AGAIN.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Last edited by rdsesq; 01-27-2011 at 08:29 PM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #175
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Holy cow.
After all my posts, all the explanations, you still come back with a statement like that?
The above shows me the level or reading comprehension and logic that I'm dealing with.
Sad.
Of course there aren't any non-blacks starting on the offensive line, wide receiver, linebacker, tight end, defensive line, or defensive back in the superbowl.

__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Last edited by rdsesq; 01-27-2011 at 08:28 PM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #176
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Harward educate. No affirmative action BS. Got in without scholarship.
Most students only study. Most athletes on scholarship only play (coach pulls some strings and they get a pass).
Lin had to do both. Product of a tiger mom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zExrVyTX_aw
__________________

Last edited by Master Po; 02-19-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #177
Willie00328I
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 398
My Ride: 2000 328I sedan
We're all Gods kids no matter where were from.

Willie
Willie00328I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #178
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 820
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie00328I View Post
We're all Gods kids no matter where were from.

Willie
Solid bump and thank you for signing your name. I wasn't sure who posted.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 01-18-2013 at 01:48 PM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #179
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie00328I View Post
We're all Gods kids no matter where were from.

Willie
Than why isn't that f***er paying child support.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use