E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Help on Rim decisions -- Opinions!

I have a few in mind, if the sale on these does not follow through, I was gonna purchase these 16's. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1943210

However, if not, I had these in mind. I'm young, not crazy on price. But I always think I could just switch the rims over on my newer BMW in the later years, I just do not want my speedometer all over the place with incorrect speeds.

Keep in mind, I was gonna try for 17's. MY stock rims are 16's but I can get tires to keep the speedometer the same.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

http://eliteswheels.com/main/product_detail/13039

I really like these, are they worth the $$?? http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

thanks all!
trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
ryannel2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Bern, NC
Posts: 973
My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
I think the pre-facelift E46's look best with Style 44's:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/012fy.jpg/sr=1
__________________
ryannel2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member
 
HacksawMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,101
My Ride: 2014 Subaru XV
I like the Bremmer Kraft BR09s
HacksawMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
I think the pre-facelift E46's look best with Style 44's:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/012fy.jpg/sr=1
Looks too standard. I have those.
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksawmark View Post
I like the Bremmer Kraft BR09s
I really do too. Are they worth the cash. Because I have tires to buy then too. Being 17 and spending that much is just a lot of thought. But I'm sure it's the same way with being an adult spending the same.
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
esberelias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 253
My Ride: '03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksawmark View Post
i like the bremmer kraft br09s
+1
__________________

Check out my ride
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #7
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
While the thread is started, what are good budget tires?
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #8
MercForHire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Waterloo,Ontario
Posts: 4,413
My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Get 15s.
Cheap and faster acceleration .
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #9
BBBoy323i
All show no go!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,466
My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Good budget tires are federal ss595. I run them with my vmrs on my sedan. Only issue I have is that it's not too great in the rain haha. Anyways my 225/40/18 tires were around $100 each brand new.
__________________
 photo 01bea680-7313-4e36-9aab-9072b1a50daf_zps5308f8f8.jpg
BBBoy323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #10
MJLavelle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,753
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
I will admit that I was surprised when this was not someone looking for opinions about shoving some huge 19's on a 323. Imagine my surprise when you are actually looking for reasonable sizes!
Since you are looking for something suited to your car, have you looked at what Tire Rack offers in very light or lightweight wheels? You can sort their search by wheel weight. There are some decent looking and fairly well made wheels available at less than 18lbs. It would definitely help your car to reduce the weight of the wheels as much as possible.
I bought a set of 17" wheels from Tire Rack for my 330ci, and they weigh 15.4lbs each, which was a big drop from the 25+lbs that my factory wheels were. Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer those particular wheels any more. But there wheels available that are less than 18lbs. Reducing the weight of your wheels is one of the best way to improve the acceleration and feel of a car, especially a 323. Any increase in weight would definitely slow your car down. So, maybe try searching some of the really lightweight wheels, and see if there is something you may like!
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:50 AM   #11
GLOK1132
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 46
My Ride: 2002 325i
I have elbrus I08's and I love em. They look remarkably like E46 M3 wheels.
GLOK1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #12
MJLavelle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,753
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
While the thread is started, what are good budget tires?
Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110's are a pretty well rated tire for the price. They can make a decent showing with some of the most expensive tires available, according to the Car and Driver tests I have seen over the past few years. In fact, they outperform some of the big brands that cost 2 or 3 times as much. I just bought a set for my 2001 Eclipse GT, which is very sensitive to cheap tires. It is particularly sensitive to sidewall strength, since it is a heavy car, with a fairly stiff suspension. I tried a set of Sumitomo's HTRZ III, and it felt like crap. It was constantly rolling over onto the sidewall. So, I went back to the Goodyear Eagle GT's it came with. But, I have to say, the new Hankooks feel just as good as the Eagle GT's, actually, they feel better. I am quite happy with them on this car.
But, I have not used them on my e46, since I have a taste for Michelin PS II's, and have stuck with them. There are others on here who do love the Hankooks on their e46's. I may even be tempted to try them, since the Michelins have moved up to the PS III or the Super Sports, which are a big step up in price too.

Last edited by MJLavelle; 01-19-2013 at 03:11 AM.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #13
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
I will admit that I was surprised when this was not someone looking for opinions about shoving some huge 19's on a 323. Imagine my surprise when you are actually looking for reasonable sizes!
Since you are looking for something suited to your car, have you looked at what Tire Rack offers in very light or lightweight wheels? You can sort their search by wheel weight. There are some decent looking and fairly well made wheels available at less than 18lbs. It would definitely help your car to reduce the weight of the wheels as much as possible.
I bought a set of 17" wheels from Tire Rack for my 330ci, and they weigh 15.4lbs each, which was a big drop from the 25+lbs that my factory wheels were. Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer those particular wheels any more. But there wheels available that are less than 18lbs. Reducing the weight of your wheels is one of the best way to improve the acceleration and feel of a car, especially a 323. Any increase in weight would definitely slow your car down. So, maybe try searching some of the really lightweight wheels, and see if there is something you may like!
I have looked all over tire rack, but not really weight, thanks!
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
thecarguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 118
My Ride: ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
I have a few in mind, if the sale on these does not follow through, I was gonna purchase these 16's. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1943210

However, if not, I had these in mind. I'm young, not crazy on price. But I always think I could just switch the rims over on my newer BMW in the later years, I just do not want my speedometer all over the place with incorrect speeds.

Keep in mind, I was gonna try for 17's. MY stock rims are 16's but I can get tires to keep the speedometer the same.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

http://eliteswheels.com/main/product_detail/13039

I really like these, are they worth the $$?? http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

thanks all!
Join the 17" APEX ARC8 group buy! Can't get much better than that.
thecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarguy View Post
Join the 17" APEX ARC8 group buy! Can't get much better than that.
You mean jo$$n the 17$$$ ap$$x? Lol that's expensive!
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
The guy with the used 16's said that I will be able to get them since the other buyer dropped. Should I get them?.. They're off an e36 and I found my car exact with the rims on them on google. Attachment 486742
Attachment 486743
Attachment 486744

Quick opinions please?
__________________


Last edited by trentcdrums; 08-20-2013 at 12:42 AM.
trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
THECLEANERBEAMER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,552
My Ride: 2002 325i
Just my opinion but I don't like those unless you polish the lip and color the inside gunmetal
__________________
Instagram:thecleanerbeamer
THECLEANERBEAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Just my opinion but I don't like those unless you polish the lip and color the inside gunmetal
He's selling all 4 for $230 shipped
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #19
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Anyone? That picture i posted with the rims on the car is the same car i have, but not mine. Do you think it's worth the buy?!
trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #20
trentcdrums
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,023
My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Bump?
__________________

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use