E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 212 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #741
jwbeck17

My Ride: 2005 330xi
I have tried without the hub, and when the wifi is connected directly, it works as well as with the hub. When I use the bluetooth without the hub, it doesn't work at all. It only seems to work with the hub, and infrequently.

Previously I had the hub connected the USB extender cable, but now I have taken that out of the mix. Had a few tests and it seems to work, but time will tell. I also reflashed the ROM (now using the M3Evolution ROM).

Wish I could be exact about th hub I'm using, but I think it was a freebie from a trade show. I've tested a few others and they don't work at all (including one that looked like the one in the link earlier). In my searches I haven't found much information on hubs either, apart from someone saying "mine works" every once in a while.

I did a search on the MicroCenter site and this is a visual match to mine, so maybe it will help:

http://microcenter.com/product/31952...20_Hub_-_Black
jwbeck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #742
diemair

My Ride: BMW E46 330xd
Issue with rear cam view

Hello all,
i have a severe issue with the rear view. My dynavin is continiously switching inot the rear camera view when the reag gear is not in. Does anyone know what the reason for this could be?

CU
Dietmar
diemair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #743
jaredtizzle

My Ride: 2003 M3
Get this error...

when attempting to format my microSD for SWAP.. here is what my partitions look like..

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by jaredtizzle; 01-24-2013 at 04:31 PM.
jaredtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #744
mgdmb

My Ride: E39 M5
The FAT32 partition needs to have the boot flag set...
mgdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #745
jaredtizzle

My Ride: 2003 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdmb View Post
The FAT32 partition needs to have the boot flag set...
I can set it to active but don't see a boot option...setting it to active doesn't work.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #746
stjerne

My Ride: 325Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by diemair View Post
hello all,
i have a severe issue with the rear view. My dynavin is continiously switching inot the rear camera view when the reag gear is not in. Does anyone know what the reason for this could be?

Cu
dietmar
+1
stjerne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #747
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjerne View Post
+1
wrong thread.....but if its constantly going into reverse mode it sounds like something is not wired right......double check all of your connections, reverse wire in particular. If nothing odd is found contact your dealer for assistance, there may be issues with your ibus box.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #748
jwbeck17

Check the power connection on the rear view camera and make sure it is connected to the right cable. If you connect it to the reverse light cable you should be good. If you connect it to the reverse fuse in the fuse box then you got a problem. That connection is always on, and the reverse camera will stay on.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #749
NECTOP

My Ride: Audi A3 Sportback
M3, any news about your new updated ROM for Dynavin? I have to reinstall it every few weeks because of some google framework error on startup every few weeks.
NECTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #750
Danoff

My Ride: '04 330i ZSP
Why is everyone using 32mb as the swap partition size? Is there some limitation that prevents the swap from being larger?
Danoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #751
x13atma17x

My Ride: E46 323i & MK6 Jetta
Hi There, I try sending you a PM, but your inbox is full...

Anyway, Jeff from TS Dist. recommend you in regards to your ROM for the D99+ Android unit.

I have been having issues with the "foreclose" thing and said that your ROM could help me resolving this. I have not read the entire thread yet (700+ post). I also noticed that I can donate via PayPal on the efforts you made on this project and I'm more than willing to donate. Please send me detailed instructions on how can I get your latest ROM for the D99+ Android unit.

x13atma17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #752
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
go to his website: http://m3evolution.webs.com/dynavin-android-rom

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #753
tcfuk

My Ride: Rover 75
Its a shame the screen orientation cannot be removed from the Android unit, I can't tell you how many time I have gone to touch the home button only to find I have pushed the orientation button

Last edited by tcfuk; 03-06-2013 at 01:00 PM.
tcfuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #754
bimmerkid330

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfuk View Post
Its a shame the screen orientation cannot be removed from the Android unit, I can't tell you how many time I have gone to touch the home button only to find I have pushed the orientation button
calibrate the dynavin and miss the start button by a little to fix that problem. I believe it's been said in the original dynavin thread and that was the recommendation.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #755
Danoff

My Ride: '04 330i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by x13atma17x View Post
Hi There, I try sending you a PM, but your inbox is full...

Anyway, Jeff from TS Dist. recommend you in regards to your ROM for the D99+ Android unit.

I have been having issues with the "foreclose" thing and said that your ROM could help me resolving this. I have not read the entire thread yet (700+ post). I also noticed that I can donate via PayPal on the efforts you made on this project and I'm more than willing to donate. Please send me detailed instructions on how can I get your latest ROM for the D99+ Android unit.
The ///M3Evolution Rom won't help you with FC errors. You'll get those anyway. I've made a single installation of the stock rom last many many months though simply by paying attention to when I was turning the car off. If you want to avoid FC errors, don't turn the car off when the system is booting. Don't turn it off when you're updating a program, don't turn it off when the SD card is being mounted. In general, it's safest to not have the dynavin automatically connect to the internet, and don't have too many apps installed.

Last edited by Danoff; 03-07-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Danoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #756
jwbeck17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbeck17 View Post
I have tried without the hub, and when the wifi is connected directly, it works as well as with the hub. When I use the bluetooth without the hub, it doesn't work at all. It only seems to work with the hub, and infrequently.

Previously I had the hub connected the USB extender cable, but now I have taken that out of the mix. Had a few tests and it seems to work, but time will tell. I also reflashed the ROM (now using the M3Evolution ROM).

Wish I could be exact about th hub I'm using, but I think it was a freebie from a trade show. I've tested a few others and they don't work at all (including one that looked like the one in the link earlier). In my searches I haven't found much information on hubs either, apart from someone saying "mine works" every once in a while.

I did a search on the MicroCenter site and this is a visual match to mine, so maybe it will help:

http://microcenter.com/product/31952...20_Hub_-_Black
I'm revising my recommendation. The one hub that I had been using was fine for WiFi, but the bluetooth dongle had connection issues. I can't 100% confirm it was the dongle, but I had swapped out two different ODBLink MX units, as I thought it could be at fault, used multiple operating systems, different apps, even connected to a laptop and had the same issue. Once I changed the bluetooth dongle I had simultaneously switched to the 160 beta of the OS. All worked well after that.

The hub I am using now is a Belkin hub that is fairly common:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/3...ini_Travel_Hub

You should be good with this one, as I have it running on a USB extension cable into the glove compartment so I can swap things out if need be. Wifi connections are only hampered by my iPhone's kludgy hotspot access, and now Torque using bluetooth to the OBDLink MX works like a charm, consistently.

Last edited by jwbeck17; 03-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #757
gorgerax

My Ride: 2004 M3
Issues caused by turning car off? Suggestion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoff View Post
The ///M3Evolution Rom won't help you with FC errors. You'll get those anyway. I've made a single installation of the stock rom last many many months though simply by paying attention to when I was turning the car off. If you want to avoid FC errors, don't turn the car off when the system is booting. Don't turn it off when you're updating a program, don't turn it off when the SD card is being mounted. In general, it's safest to not have the dynavin automatically connect to the internet, and don't have too many apps installed.
Hey all. Brand new Dynavin 99+ owner (victim?) here. I've heard about issues caused by shutting the car down. Makes some sense...kinda like just unplugging your PC all the time vs. shutting it down properly...probably not good!

So I was wondering if anyone had just wired the Dynavin to a constant "hot" wire" and if so, how and what's the hit on the car's battery life? Kind of seems like if the car is a daily driver, it might not take that big of a draw on the battery (?)

Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #758
jwbeck17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgerax View Post
Hey all. Brand new Dynavin 99+ owner (victim?) here. I've heard about issues caused by shutting the car down. Makes some sense...kinda like just unplugging your PC all the time vs. shutting it down properly...probably not good!

So I was wondering if anyone had just wired the Dynavin to a constant "hot" wire" and if so, how and what's the hit on the car's battery life? Kind of seems like if the car is a daily driver, it might not take that big of a draw on the battery (?)

Thoughts? Thanks!
Interesting idea, but I believe that when you shut the car off, it does carry enough power try to shut itself down. The only reason why I say this is that it seems to hold the wifi connection well after turning the car off. Granted. I don't think it has enough power to hold state or have the capability to handle more complex shutdowns that would include quitting multiple apps and stopping and saving downloads, but it seems to be able to handle a few app shutdowns when turned off. The recommendations are good ones to abide by, however.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #759
jwbeck17

My Dynavin D99+ seems to get buggy every 1-2 months and it seems like the reinstall of the ROM is the only fix. That's pretty easy, but the problem is reinstalling the apps and settings. is there a way to create a ROM with the apps i have downloaded as well as the settings i created? basically I'd like to create a recovery file, as the Dynavin needs to recover...a lot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:24 AM   #760
tcfuk

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbeck17 View Post
My Dynavin D99+ seems to get buggy every 1-2 months and it seems like the reinstall of the ROM is the only fix. That's pretty easy, but the problem is reinstalling the apps and settings. is there a way to create a ROM with the apps i have downloaded as well as the settings i created? basically I'd like to create a recovery file, as the Dynavin needs to recover...a lot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Now that would be a great idea
tcfuk is offline   Reply With Quote