E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #1981
PainBreak

My Ride: 2004 325i
I get that you are selling a competing product, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to continue to reply to this thread with thinly-veiled "I told you so" posts.

I don't see you as an "enemy", I see you as you are, dead set on pushing your product. This is not the thread for it, and it doesn't help anyone whatsoever. If someone came into a thread about the 325i and continued to say, "LOL I SELL MERCEDES C320 YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT ONE OF THOSE LOL" they would be doing the same thing. Their intentions would just be more transparent.

I'm sure your product's fine, and it has its place. Its place is not this thread, however.

At some point in the near future, we need to start a new Enco B046 thread, dedicated to the Android unit, with a first post that clarifies exactly what it is, exactly what to expect, etc.

Also, we need to make sure that Jeff is not allowed to post in the thread.
PainBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #1982
bjornh

My Ride: 320iAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainBreak View Post
At some point in the near future, we need to start a new Enco B046 thread, dedicated to the Android unit, with a first post that clarifies exactly what it is, exactly what to expect, etc.

What we need is a new subforum dedicated to aftermarket ICE/NAV systems. That way, we would be able to peel the actual news and important info from the "will this work i have this cable?" posts and make it easier to distribute and find information both for Dynavin units, Enco and any other aftermarket ones.

Last edited by bjornh; 01-17-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: I think I'm developing dyslexia.
bjornh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #1983
PainBreak

jchuillier: I wish I could help you with your sound issue, but my car doesn't have the factory nav, so I don't know how it all goes together. From reading your posts, I don't think the no sound issue is a problem with the stereo so much as it is with how it's currently connected. I don't know if you have all of the cables you need, or if there's something missing. I suspect something is missing.

An update to the Paypal refund request, that is not a dispute. I have until February 5th to file a dispute. This is just a way of lighting a fire under the ass of the Enco people, Charles in particular. It did, and I got a response pretty quickly. His response is as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
please canble your dispute !

Becuase I have promissed you that we will send a software to you update your system this week!!

I will do that 100% !

1, update system software
2, map card

please cancle dispute right now!

I will do that 100%

thanks!

Charles
I don't know how he's going to give me a system software update, but if they have a way to perform an update v(ia the SD Card maybe?), that will solve everything.

If not, or if he runs out of time, I'll be escalating it to a Paypal dispute. Either way, I'm not sitting here going, "Oh man, I wish I had a Dynavin!"

Last edited by PainBreak; 01-20-2013 at 11:10 AM.
PainBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #1984
jchuillier

My Ride: 330CD
I've been promised a software update too last thrusday but got nothing, did you get anything painbreak ?

Thx
jchuillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #1985
jchuillier

I've been promised a software update too last thrusday but got nothing, did you get anything painbreak ?

Thx
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #1986
china man

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
I found a company call Eonon who have a new canbus unit which claims to be able to solve the random boot problem. I am waiting the confirmation from another user before I go ahead. I try to ask Jolly but no reply yet.
china man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #1987
jchuillier

Ok guys, hold on.....It roots

swjpilot from xda found this link....

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...48-8048-a.html

And rooted his car stereo, it's not a b046 but it's the same tablet telechips 8925....

Can't wait to get home and try this tonight....
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #1988
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchuillier View Post

And rooted his car stereo, it's not a b046 but it's the same tablet telechips 8925....

CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #1989
PainBreak

Quote:

This sounds promising...

I got an email from Charles this morning. He wants me to get on Skype tonight, and he's supposed to send me a system update.

I will keep everyone in the loop, and release it on here if it actually manifests.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #1990
jchuillier

Got the same from him (the skype thing...)
I guess he'll send us the link to the forum

Last edited by jchuillier; 01-21-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #1991
PainBreak

It worked perfectly. I am now rooted. Time to play.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #1992
CTRob

What exactly did you have to do to root painbreak? can you give a step by step please?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #1993
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by china man View Post
I found a company call Eonon who have a new canbus unit which claims to be able to solve the random boot problem. I am waiting the confirmation from another user before I go ahead. I try to ask Jolly but no reply yet.
Please keep us updated it if this work. This will be a huge fix .

Thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #1994
siffion

My Ride: 330ci Vert M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainBreak View Post
It worked perfectly. I am now rooted. Time to play.
Congratulations. I could never root my old 2.3 version.

What's yer plans. If you get bluetooth working on the android side ill pull the trigger on the ICS version
siffion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #1995
jchuillier

Did you root with the forum link or did Charles send you a file ?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #1996
CTRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by siffion View Post
Congratulations. I could never root my old 2.3 version.

What's yer plans. If you get bluetooth working on the android side ill pull the trigger on the ICS version
Reckon if we get Bluetooth on the Android side working would we be able to make and receive calls using the Android O/S?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #1997
jchuillier

Sip over wifi
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #1998
PainBreak

Quote:
Did you root with the forum link or did Charles send you a file ?
Via the forum link. I had trouble with it on the external SD card, but was able to make it work fine from the "internal" sd at /mnt/sdcard.

Here was the process I used with success:

1. Downloaded the file.
2. Renamed it to update.zip
3. Used ES File Explorer to move it from a LAN SMB share to /mnt/sdcard
4. Went to Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now
5. Watched it reboot, go through two different Android load screens, then the progress bar started as the Droid robot held a crystal-ball looking thing...
6. It finished up, rebooted. Rooted.

Here's the bad news:
I was able to inject my custom framework.jar into /system/framework, and while it did fix the reported speed issue, Google Navigation still doesn't work. There's a separate problem afoot. Multiple GPS applications show that I'm getting a lock on anywhere from 14 to 22 satellites, so there's no reason Google Navigation should be "Searching for GPS..."

With root, though? It will get fixed.

More good news, though... Now, you can put a reboot widget on your desktop. You can also run Adaway.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #1999
CTRob

Hopefully charles file fixes google nav
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #2000
PainBreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRob View Post
Hopefully charles file fixes google nav
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. After doing some research, there may be a bug in Google Navigation. It seems quite a few people are having this problem, on a variety of devices.

I'm about 95% convinced that other GPS software would work flawlessly now. Except for the version of iGO that came with the thing, because there's something wrong with it.