E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
James @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

Saad Racing differential brace

We currently have differential braces in stock and ready for shipment. These with keep the differential from "jumping" up in the nose which causes a lot of issues with the sub frame mounts and differential bushings backing out.

These have been on both of the record setting E46 M3's.

Made of 1018 cold roll steel for strength and powder coated for maximum durability.

Comes with a new set of urethane sway bar bushings for the stock diameter sway bar.

Has all the necessary hardware to complete the installation.

$399 plus shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Differential brace 2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	486984   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	486986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Differential brace 4.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	486987  

Last edited by James @ Saad Racing; 01-21-2013 at 10:30 AM.
James @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
How much for one like this?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Beedub

My Ride: bmw z4m vt2-525
will this work with the z4m??
Old 01-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by James @ Saad Racing View Post
We currently have differential braces in stock and ready for shipment. These with keep the differential from "jumping" up in the nose which causes a lot of issues with the sub frame mounts and differential bushings backing out.

These have been on both of the record setting E46 M3's.

Made of 1018 cold roll steel for strength and powder coated for maximum durability.

Comes with a new set of urethane sway bar bushings for the stock diameter sway bar.

Has all the necessary hardware to complete the installation.

$399 plus shipping.
Would this remedy all the subframe reinforcement brackets and weldments that we typically see?

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
James @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post

The logo has another function by making the brace lighter while still maintaining strength.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
My entire rear end is aluminum mounts besides swaybar and trailing arm which is delrin. Id still like one of these to add to it all, how much extra time and how much of that 399 is just to cut out that logo?

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App

Last edited by InDiGlOM3; 01-21-2013 at 11:08 AM.
InDiGlOM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
InDiGlOM3

Id still buy it with the logo however.....kenton its under the car lol do you take it to car shows and put mirrors down there?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
6spd_legend

My Ride: acura legend 6spd
Quote:

lmao now that's just mean....
Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
James @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
will this work with the z4m??
We have not tested it on a Z4M yet. If you are able to take some measurements, I can compare them to see if it will work. PM me for more details
Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
MaverickM3

My Ride: gets badge
Nice piece Saad.
MaverickM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post
Id still buy it with the logo however.....kenton its under the car lol do you take it to car shows and put mirrors down there?

I hate logos...doesn't matter where they are...nothing wrong with that and as the consumer it's my choice. But if the No logo option is unavailable...it keeps my wallet heavy
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

My Ride: S600
I have run into a lot of guys like you over the years and I understand you very well. You bought a great car and fell in love with it. You saved up all your hard earned money and invested it into your car. Now a new shop comes along and offers up kits that are just better than what you have and its tearing you apart inside. You know deep in your heart that what we are offering is better than what you have and the last thing you want is a bunch of M3 running around beating your ass on the street.

So every time we post up a product you troll on our thread and try to side track the conversation with talk of our logo. I listened to it already and I have stated that all my products will have my logo on them somewhere. I know you don't want to buy my products and that's ok, can you now leave your logo comments to yourself and let other people ask legitimate questions about the products?

You don't need this product anyway, your not making any more power than stock

Quote:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saad-...ref=ts&fref=ts

If you can't run with the big Dawgs, stay on the porch!
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
InDiGlOM3

Kenton is completemy bias and could care less about his kit compared to other, he has hpf and gives them just as much ****.

Again id personally still buy it with logo.......but just sp ///m3 be better or something along those lines.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post
Kenton is completemy bias and could care less about his kit compared to other, he has hpf and gives them just as much ****.

Again id personally still buy it with logo.......but just sp ///m3 be better or something along those lines.

This is true. Kenton gives everyone a hard time... and truth be told.. Kenton's car (dare I say it) might be one of the most dialed in Turbo S54's on the market. Yes its a HPF Stage 2.75 kit but he knows how to drive it and he has it dialed in. He was whooping everything at the Shift-S3ctor event.. even me .. I think of the 6 races we had he beat me 5 of those times. Wasn't until Ian and I fixed parts of my tune and dialed in the traction control that I FINALLY beat him.

Don't take his jab's personally .. its not your product vs whats on his car.. he just hates logos. Look at his engine bay, he's shaved every logo off it, including HPF's.

Edit: Kenton has also put more miles on his turbo s54 than anyone else.. period. I think he's driven it to/from canada a few times, to/from las vegas to my house a few times, etc.. he's dragged it (at least 10 passes) and he's tracked it hard.. on at least 3 or 4 occasions... maybe he's just insanely lucky but his car has been incredibly reliable.. and its been parked next to mine for quite some time and I've given people rides in mine and Kenton's and most people preferred his mainly because its just so clean and well put together. Hell even I would rather daily drive his then mine.. but that's because I've made some changes to mine that most find unbearable for street use.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 01-21-2013 at 01:50 PM.
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #15
FragNasty

My Ride: Car
<snip/>

Last edited by FragNasty; 01-21-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Off topic. Sorry
FragNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
Commanderwiggin

Thanks for the comments guys, I enjoy driving my car alot more than arguing...Saad I don't know if you remember me but I remember you. I told you, Jim and the other ProEFI employees what I thought about your kit...what I hated about the HPF kit...and what I thought about logos. Hell your 10second run with Marcus' car at Mfest was with my shift knob since you ripped the oem one out. I could care less who makes it or what logo is on a car...and HPF is too busy making stupid hoods right now to even care about improvements to their kit...I particularly like the oil sump setup in your kit...no logo on the sump is a bonus! If you want to put your name all over your car that's fine...alot customers will not want to buy products with someone elses name all over them...I'm sure your setup will be fine and I (much like you) enjoy driving cars rather than talking crap on forums. All I'm asking is for an option...if you will only sell it one way, then like I said...my wallet remains full.

I look forward to seeing some customers put some miles on your kits...and I look more forward to seeing these beasts in action at airstrip events and Mfest, etc...
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

My Ride: S600
What is it that Mom taught me as a little boy? Oh ya," if you don't have something nice to say than say nothing at all. Now after you say the same thing over and over its gets a little old and you should be prepared to get an answer. That's what Dad taught me

Now Marcus, I know his car is slow, for a Turbo car that is. I know this because I know what he has on it, with logo or without If your telling me that he beat you in a roll on race than that just tells me that you need driving lessons

As for this part, that you Marcus have on your car, this part will save members a lot of money by keeping their rear end in place. The HUGE LOGO on it is for weight savings and since its under the car and can't be seen it was the quickest and cheapest method we had to keep the cost of the part down, removing material and putting on our logo in one step, thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
This is true. Kenton gives everyone a hard time... and truth be told.. Kenton's car (dare I say it) might be one of the most dialed in Turbo S54's on the market. Yes its a HPF Stage 2.75 kit but he knows how to drive it and he has it dialed in. He was whooping everything at the Shift-S3ctor event.. even me .. I think of the 6 races we had he beat me 5 of those times. Wasn't until Ian and I fixed parts of my tune and dialed in the traction control that I FINALLY beat him.

Don't take his jab's personally .. its not your product vs whats on his car.. he just hates logos. Look at his engine bay, he's shaved every logo off it, including HPF's.

Edit: Kenton has also put more miles on his turbo s54 than anyone else.. period. I think he's driven it to/from canada a few times, to/from las vegas to my house a few times, etc.. he's dragged it (at least 10 passes) and he's tracked it hard.. on at least 3 or 4 occasions... maybe he's just insanely lucky but his car has been incredibly reliable.. and its been parked next to mine for quite some time and I've given people rides in mine and Kenton's and most people preferred his mainly because its just so clean and well put together. Hell even I would rather daily drive his then mine.. but that's because I've made some changes to mine that most find unbearable for street use.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saad-...ref=ts&fref=ts

If you can't run with the big Dawgs, stay on the porch!

Last edited by Saad @ Saad Racing; 01-21-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #18
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
*deleted

Last edited by JohnBlaze; 01-21-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: trying to minimize the butt hurt
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #19
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Well... this thread went south quickly...

Will the kit fit non-Ms? (besides the sway bar bushings obviously).
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Thunder Buddy you crack me up man! I have to agree with the majority here though, Kenton has always been neutral and speaks his mind as most of us do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad @ Saad Racing View Post
If your telling me that he beat you in a roll on race than that just tells me that you need driving lessons
You might have skipped over this part of Marcus's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Wasn't until Ian and I fixed parts of my tune and dialed in the traction control that I FINALLY beat him.

Last edited by 02black330ci; 01-21-2013 at 04:47 PM.
02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote