E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #41
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
you are so fvcking arrogant. Shut up Mango
My name is not Mango. I would appreciate it if you refrained from calling me that and trolling my posts. As usual, you have contributed nothing to this thread. At least you're consistent.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic M3
Bilstein | Kosei K1 Racing | Toyo Proxes R888 | BMW CCA #430881

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #42
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Nice. I'm at 134k. My springs were long gone at 75k. lol
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #43
Rudy540

My Ride: E46
Have any of you guys been to china and really gotten inside knowledge how things are ran over there, the last country I would support is China, my dad goes over there atleast once a year to train those monkeys. And trust me u don't even wana know what he tells me, he has taken his situation so far when he goes shopping for clothing, he looks at tags and doesn't buy anything that says, Made In China. These days buying USA made products are nearly collectables for me. Maybe 5% of the stuff they make might be somewhat good quality, but I would rather not bust my ass off figuring that out. How smart they are does not relate how good of quality there products are, there most concern is how much money they can make doing the least amount of effort, let alone how fast can they take over the world.

Let me ask u this, would u have any pride working as a regular employee In a manufacturing company getting paid a couple dollars per month to go home and barely be able to keep ur family from starving. Or would u want to see thousands of Chinese with open toe sandals, working on "quality" products we buy.

There one of the reason why our state is now so f'd up now.

I'm not talking first hand guys so I won't be throwing out quotes. But from my dads 20+ years of engineering and going over seas experience. I wish it was him typing this first hand but I have forgotten most of the stuff he tells me.

In my opinion, if I want sumtn made of quality, trust me china will be the last place ill be looking at

I will be asking him to refresh my memory
Rudy540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #44
Rudy540

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Seriously, I just can't take it anymore. This is the SECOND time I've been upset with aftermarket parts that just weren't what they seemed to be.

First time was with an SKF bearing where one box came and actually had a F.A.G. bearing stamped "Made in Germany" on the hub, the other came with "Koyo" and "Made in Japan."

This time, I bought my rotors from ECS tuning, thinking that I was going to get a deal on a quality part made in Germany, I mean Meyle, Germany, RIGHT? They stamp that crap everywhere!

You should see the boxes, "Meyle Germany" stamped EVERYWHERE on the box, german writing everywhere, then you look at the sticker that identifies the part and it clearly says "Made in China". WTF people. I'm going to have to take some pictures of this.

Makes me think that the Meyle Control Arms with replaceable ball joints are also made in China which is why they give a lot of people problems.

No notches on the edge of the Rotor like the OE rotors so you know they're 100% perfectly balanced. The "coating" appears to be decent, but is only in the veins and way inside the hub, not on the outer portion of the hub that remains exposed when you put the wheel on. So I guess I can expect that to rust up real quick.

Bottom line is: What can I expect if I paid about $80 for the pair of fronts and $70 for the rears, right? TRUE, However, a company that makes parts in CHINA and stamps GERMANY all over the place is SKETCHY, PERIOD.

Makes me think of companies like "Hamburg Technic." We all know how great and high quality their parts are. Guess these rotors will not last 7 years like my OE's did. I will have to mount them up and see what happens. Still beats the warped front rotor I have and terribly rusty inside of my rear rotors that won't hold the parking brake.

Not a fault of ECS, but more of a scam in general for companies that make you think you're getting a german made part when it's really outsourced to China for cheap labor.

Next time and every time from now on, it is OE rotors for me. /rant.
Have any of you guys been to china and really gotten inside knowledge how things are ran over there, the last country I would support is China, my dad goes over there atleast once a year to train those monkeys. And trust me u don't even wana know what he tells me, he has taken his situation so far when he goes shopping for clothing, he looks at tags and doesn't buy anything that says, Made In China. These days buying USA made products are nearly collectables for me. Maybe 5% of the stuff they make might be somewhat good quality, but I would rather not bust my ass off figuring that out. How smart they are does not relate how good of quality there products are, there most concern is how much money they can make doing the least amount of effort, let alone how fast can they take over the world.

Let me ask u this, would u have any pride working as a regular employee In a manufacturing company getting paid a couple dollars per month to go home and barely be able to keep ur family from starving. Or would u want to see thousands of Chinese with open toe sandals, working on "quality" products we buy.

I'm not talking first hand guys so I won't be throwing out quotes. But from my dads 20+ years of engineering and going over seas experience. I wish it was him typing this first hand but I have forgotten most of the stuff he tells me.

In my opinion, if I want sumtn made of quality, trust me china will be the last place ill be looking at

U have every right to be upset trizzuth
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #45
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy540 View Post

U have every right to be upset trizzuth
^^ this guy knows what he is talking about! I'd love to hear first hand accounts of what it is like over there from your dad. Tell him to write something up, then copy and paste it here!

Meyle Rotors seem ~ok~ so far knock on wood, but already on a few hard highway stops I sense a slight vibration. I really hope their quality department has done their job.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #46
Rudy540

The one thing I love about my dad heading over there dude is the fact that he bring me back stuff for literally 80% off what we pay here. Stuff that I wouldn't really worry too much about quality, but worth the money lol, some with very unnoticeable defects from very popular retailers known here and some just simply made in china unknown crap lol

Just yesterday I bought a stupid iPhone 5 charger from amazon, looks completely identical to the real deal right, piece of crap won't even go in the phone, perfect examples of there products. Obviously not as important as if I was buying sumtn for my bimmer but regardless the price it all falls under the same concept, tolerances in there products are so open that its identical to making product by hand using play-dough

Not that long ago I bought my umnitza angel eyes v2 for my coup, completely smell like china, cost them probably less than 15$ to manufacture, including the harness, I had no other choice but to buy them for 180$, is 180$ a reasonable price, heck no, but most of the time u just can't get around china made crap

If u ask me, the only good thing about them is there women, now there u can't go wrong

Last edited by Rudy540; 01-23-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #47
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Nothing new...
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #48
monkeyhead

My Ride: 2003 330i
Hi trizzuth, can u give a Meyle Rotors update ? Are they wearing ok, or too fast ?

see one, do one, teach one
monkeyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #49
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhead View Post
Hi trizzuth, can u give a Meyle Rotors update ? Are they wearing ok, or too fast ?
HA, those things are F** garbage. Already off my car, only had them on there for maybe 5 months? I don't know. I replaced them with new zimmermans. But now I may be eating my own shoes with all my chinese manufacturing talk as the Zim's have a slight wobble up front too, either that or it is coming from the rears, which are still meyle. It is hard to tell at this point, as it is subtle in the front, so it might be coming from the rear. The Zim's were smooth as can be for about a week or two, then it started to happen again, F me all to hell, I might have a caliper issue obviously, but the car still stops on a dime so i don't know wtf is up.

P.S. by the time I took the Meyle front's out, the wobble was HORRIFIC.

Last edited by trizzuth; 11-01-2013 at 10:29 AM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #50
monkeyhead

Quote:
HA, those things are F** garbage. Already off my car, only had them on there for maybe 5 months? I don't know. I replaced them with new zimmermans. But now I may be eating my own shoes with all my chinese manufacturing talk as the Zim's have a slight wobble up front too, either that or it is coming from the rears, which are still meyle. It is hard to tell at this point, as it is subtle in the front, so it might be coming from the rear. The Zim's were smooth as can be for about a week or two, then it started to happen again, F me all to hell, I might have a caliper issue obviously, but the car still stops on a dime so i don't know wtf is up.

P.S. by the time I took the Meyle front's out, the wobble was HORRIFIC.
Yikes,,, if the Zim's are giving you a little wobble, would you go with Brembos next ?

Old 11-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #51
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhead View Post
Yikes,,, if the Zim's are giving you a little wobble, would you go with Brembos next ?
Honestly I don't know what the F to do now, I think there may be something up with one of my calipers up front otherwise why would brand new rotors continue to produce a wobble? but then why do I have zero other issues with my brakes and they grab like mad when I stomp on it? My buddy who has an E90 335i put his Zim's on at the exact same time but he has no wobbles, but that car is an 08 and mine is an 01 with 12 year old OG calipers. I did flush the fluid once already though.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #52
monkeyhead

Quote:
Honestly I don't know what the F to do now, I think there may be something up with one of my calipers up front otherwise why would brand new rotors continue to produce a wobble? but then why do I have zero other issues with my brakes and they grab like mad when I stomp on it? My buddy who has an E90 335i put his Zim's on at the exact same time but he has no wobbles, but that car is an 08 and mine is an 01 with 12 year old OG calipers. I did flush the fluid once already though.
I know this going to sound dumb, but I once had a wobble that totally went away once I repositioned the anti-rattleing clip on my caliper. After looking at the clip, I noticed it was not placed correctly, likely from me working too fast to put things back together.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #53
cityjohn

My Ride: 2001 M3
Quote:
This was created to get maximum exposure and inform the MOST fanatics that I can about this hidden manufacturing incident. And now that it's way over here in the "suspension and braking" forum, it will hardly get the exposure that it needs.
I think you mean suspension and breaking
Old 11-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #54
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
brembo blanks, pagid or textar pads

meyle hd control arms

get with the program

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote