E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #41
//Maxwelljuppercut

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
Speak softly, logically, and be firm. Keep reasoning with them until it all makes you satisfied. You need the practice.
no.

1. go there with no less than 7 friends.

2. repeatedly and forcefully call the service manager Sir.

3. spit on the receipt as you give it to him.

4. use the phrase "i demand satisfaction" at least 3 times.

5. definitely sh1t and dont flush, pee in the sink.
//Maxwelljuppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #42
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by //Maxwelljuppercut View Post
no.
Keep going; you've just about won me over.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #43
//Maxwelljuppercut

6. kick imaginary dirt onto his shoes like baseball players do to umpires.

7. wear really dark sunglasses and really strong cologne.

8. play the race card only if you are the same race

9. start the entire conversation with the word bitch

10. tell them Obama is your uncle
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #44
Stinger9

You're my man! When do we leave??
Old 01-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #45
//Maxwelljuppercut

i would but i got this really big job interview at mcdonalds comin up.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #46
Stinger9

Employ your power interview style @ McD's when you get interviewed by their 24 year old manager for sure-fire success! Sooner that you know it, "Fries with that order???"

Last edited by Stinger9; 01-22-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #47
//Maxwelljuppercut

no im going Ron Burgundy style, heavy on the scotch, extra heavy on the sex panther. i find that if you go to the interview drunk it really sets the tone.

Last edited by //Maxwelljuppercut; 01-22-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #48
Stinger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by //Maxwelljuppercut View Post
i find that if you go to the interview drunk it really sets the tone.
You sound pretty tuned up already! Better throttle it back a notch Captain.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #49
scarede46er

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimg00dy View Post
Mine was $1400.
How does your rear end feel after that enlargement experience?
scarede46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #50
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Mine was $1400.
Holy ****! That was my car payment for 10 months!

Last edited by RKiepper; 01-22-2013 at 09:07 PM.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #51
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
I can't afford a mechanic. I don't know how you can even afford a mechanic for a POS car. That's why most people's cars suck anyway. They don't know how to do preventative maintenance, so their car just wears out and starts falling apart, then they get each thing fixed as it blows up by a mechanic. Then they blame the unreliability on the car manufacturer.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #52
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
MJLavelle, I've ready that already, and like some others have said the dealer should have bedded them in after installation. Although the instructions state that I have to at least do this for a a few hundred miles. Regardless. Now that its starting to make the noise I'm assuming that there are deposits from the pads on the rotor surface, but how would I get that clean that now? I don't want to machine those rotors. From the looks of it they're really thin. Would bedding them now help any at all?
Well, as others have said, the first thing to do would be to take it back to the dealer. I would mention the fact that it appears that the brakes were not bedded properly. I would make them check it out, and correct the situation. You mentioned the rotors being thin. They are new OEM rotors, right? If so, they should not be "thin". But the solution is to turn the rotors, to get them back to a perfectly flat condition. They don't have to remove much. If the tech knows what he is doing, he should only remove the high spots. That does not mean he won't just grind off a big chunk, so he gets it done in one pass. I don't know how to prevent that from happening, except to have them show you the measurements before and after turning. You can always ask for them to replace the rotors, by making a case that you don't want rotors that have to be machined, when you paid for new rotors. I would push for this, by saying that it was up to them to either bed them in properly, or to give you something in writing stating that you are responsible for bedding them in, and you deserve new rotors.
You may also have a point about a sticking caliper. If so, I would be upset about that as well, because it would mean that they did not clean out the calipers properly, and make sure they were moving correctly, without sticking.
But the first step is to take it back to them, and make them address the issue. DO NOT pay them another penny. Also, they may try to tell you that something on your calipers is defective, so be prepared for that, and make them show you exactly what is wrong, and how they determined it was defective. For example, they may say your caliper pins are worn, and need replaced. If so, make them show you the exact measurements for your pins, and a new pin, and what the tolerances are. Don't let them BS their way into making you pay even more money. If you are not sure about something, don't get pressured into making a decision. Make them wait until you can confirm what they are telling you.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote