E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
adrianpl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 612
My Ride: 01 330ci
Misfire codes

My car is putting out these codes:
p0313 - misfire detected with Low Fuel
p0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
p1345 - Misfire cyl 2 with fuel cutoff
p1347 - Misfire Cylinder 3 With Fuel Cut-off
p1343 - Misfire Cylinder1 With FuelCut-off
p0171 - system too lean (bank 1)
p0174 - system to lean (Bank 2)

I am not sure what I should do first.

What i think is maybe wrong?

Change Spark Plugs? (I have put in new NGK about 10K ago)
New Coil Packs?
or my computer is shot

Whenever my car starts misfiring I turn the car off, and then I turn it back on and it runs good.
It starts misfiring when I am idling usually

Where should I start? Would love to here some feedback from the mechanics on the forum.
adrianpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
adrianpl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 612
My Ride: 01 330ci
anyone?
adrianpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
J.Schmidt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 43
My Ride: E46 M3
How full is the tank? It looks like you might have a fuel delivery issue...maybe a bad siphon???
J.Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
adrianpl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 612
My Ride: 01 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Schmidt View Post
How full is the tank? It looks like you might have a fuel delivery issue...maybe a bad siphon???
It seams to misfire when their is less fuel, I filled up today so i will see what happens
adrianpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
DyeBmw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CNJ
Posts: 124
My Ride: 330ci 3 Pedals
subed, i have the same issue on mine.
DyeBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
adrianpl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 612
My Ride: 01 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeBmw View Post
subed, i have the same issue on mine.
Did u solve it?
adrianpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
bpatel1221
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 3
My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianpl View Post
My car is putting out these codes:
p0313 - misfire detected with Low Fuel
p0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
p1345 - Misfire cyl 2 with fuel cutoff
p1347 - Misfire Cylinder 3 With Fuel Cut-off
p1343 - Misfire Cylinder1 With FuelCut-off
p0171 - system too lean (bank 1)
p0174 - system to lean (Bank 2)

I am not sure what I should do first.

What i think is maybe wrong?

Change Spark Plugs? (I have put in new NGK about 10K ago)
New Coil Packs?
or my computer is shot

Whenever my car starts misfiring I turn the car off, and then I turn it back on and it runs good.
It starts misfiring when I am idling usually

Where should I start? Would love to here some feedback from the mechanics on the forum.
I am having the same issue, i looked around the forums and found something, but what kind of air filter are you using k&n? that could be the reason that its messing up your MAF, may want to try cleaning the MAF or either your MAF is going bad. Try unplugging the MAF and starting the car see how it runs and drive like a block and check.
bpatel1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #8
adrianpl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 612
My Ride: 01 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatel1221 View Post
I am having the same issue, i looked around the forums and found something, but what kind of air filter are you using k&n? that could be the reason that its messing up your MAF, may want to try cleaning the MAF or either your MAF is going bad. Try unplugging the MAF and starting the car see how it runs and drive like a block and check.
nope, it seams like my disa is bad and my Oil separator needs to be changed along with the hoses. Will see what happens after that
adrianpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
adrianpl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 612
My Ride: 01 330ci
Disa valve was bad. Problem Solved
adrianpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use