E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #81
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Friday I will submit my entry into this contest at the start of my 300 workout. I'm shooting for 12-14 as strict as I can be. Video included whether I suck wind or crush it.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #82
M3Inline6
I'm now boosting! Funnnn!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
Friday I will submit my entry into this contest at the start of my 300 workout. I'm shooting for 12-14 as strict as I can be. Video included whether I suck wind or crush it.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #83
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
That's the spirit man. I used to be ashamed of what I could do but I finally said fuuck it and took video, posted my real weights etc. It only helps motivate you more.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #84
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
there will always be someone stronger, faster, etc. its all in the attitude, you have to check your ego at the door. Progression, regardless of how someone bigger perceives it, is success... something anyone should be proud of.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #85
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
All you guys are calling bs on others who can do more than 7. Seriously? I don't lift. I don't workout. I'm active but nothing more.
I'm sick to the point where I can't talk and I did 11. So.... Yeah

Ill try to post a vid of my max when I feel better.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #86
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Yep just made sure, can do 11 without strain. Full lock. Shoulder width grip.
Sick to death.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #87
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Here's an update from my workout tonight with a friend of mine.

Here is a pic that was supposed to be a video of a 450 lb. dead lift for 3 reps:

Here is a photo of me doing pull-ups with 70 lbs. of extra weight:

...and here is the video of 22 STRICT pull-ups after 4 sets of 7 with 70 lbs., heavy dead lifts and heavy bench pressing. No kipping or half-assed kipping movements. No lower body upward momentum assistance at all. My PR is 35 fresh!

Check out this video on YouTube:

Have at it boys!!!

I was half kidding when I said that I wasn't impressed. Your buddies' numbers ARE insane. I can't even imagine doing pull-ups with nearly my own body weight. I have a hard time jumping up to the bar with 90 lbs. between my legs. Any vids?
Great work.

It feels good to know you have clowns at your gym too. That dude in the yellow

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-29-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #88
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
All you guys are calling bs on others who can do more than 7. Seriously? I don't lift. I don't workout. I'm active but nothing more.
I'm sick to the point where I can't talk and I did 11. So.... Yeah

Ill try to post a vid of my max when I feel better.
Did we say that? No. I'm calling bs on 20 strict without a video.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #89
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Just popped off 18 wide grip straight leg hanging, had to stop due to excruciating golfer's elbow in my right arm... Probably had 3-5 more. I'm not video taping myself at the gym.

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." October 23, 2010, not January 20, 2009
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #90
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Did we say that? No. I'm calling bs on 20 strict without a video.
Exactly. Especially the dude claiming 40+.
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #91
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 01-24-2013 at 08:03 PM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #92
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Dude do you really not know how to do pull-ups? Those weren't pull-ups, literally.

Chases return: haters gonna hate
Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #93
BreakMyWallet

You weren't even close to a full lock out if I really need to explain. You pull from a dead hang.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #94
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
You've literally reduced your ROM to half, even worse on the later reps

C'mon man!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #95
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Dude do you really not know how to do pull-ups? Those weren't pull-ups, literally.

Chases return: haters gonna hate
Quote:
You weren't even close to a full lock out if I really need to explain. You pull from a dead hang.
Sorry brother, you're a hater. From the push up thread a while back : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...3&highlight=50

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Yes. I could do two sets of 50 and could likely (I can try if you'd like) do 100 straight. But at 6'3 160 pounds, I have a feeling it's far easier me than most.

And I'm not saying bodyweight exercise is bad.. it's just not going to help me with my personal goals (I do weighted dips, pullsup and find them extremely helpful)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
post video and impress me. I would really like to see this now.
Quote:
Haha seriously. Ill set the over under at 17
After I do 50 on video

Quote:
I dunno dude, I don't think push-ups have much to do with strength. It's impressive to do a lot, I can probably bang out 50 but I usually only plyo when I do push-ups
Quote:
No. I could care less if you can do more push-ups or lift anything more than me. I don't lift because I want to be stronger than everyone, I lift because I want to be strong. Strong for my personal needs. Get over yourself little push-up boy.
Quote:
I think it's more of a product of healthy joints and actually caring enough to do the repititions necessary to perform that movement. Ill go head to head with chase doing plyo push-ups while touching your hands behind your head to get him off his high horse.
Quote:
And chase if you want me to be critical you do your push-ups like a 6th grade school girl. Stop flaring your elbows put and bring them in closer to your to cage. That is a "push" position. You wouldn't push someone with your elbows flared out like that. That's why I don't believe push-ups are a measure of strength
Definitely a hater. Not a single kind word or statement of encouragement. FWIW, you never posted ANY videos nor demonstrated any of the claims you made in the push up thread.. I'm out here doing my best and just trying to participate in the thread and you just bash... same thing you did in the push up thread and just about everywhere else when I post. I truly don't get what I ever did to rustle your jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
You've literally reduced your ROM to half, even worse on the later reps

C'mon man!
That's fair. Like I said, the bar is rather low to the ground (you can see at the start I had to squad down to get it over my arms)... I'll take another video at golds with the standard pull up bar so it will be easier to hang. If I went all the way down, my legs, even bent, would have been hitting the floor.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 01-24-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #96
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
I give you much credit for going on video. Like anything else on video, it opens you up for criticism, so the thin-skinned needn't apply. With that said, I'd really like to see you perform full reps at a Gold's gym or something.

As for Jeremy going on camera......ehhhhhh.....him, Glight and DylloS are pretty much the only guys who go on camera regularly around here, so I don't know that your statement was/is applicable.

P.S. I hate doing pull-ups with bent knees. In fact, I do LESS with bent knees or any lower body involvement. It's probably mental, but I probably can't pull 20+ non-strict, and I sure as hell won't/can't reach my PR of 35 with bent knees. If I'm not straight, I'm weak........it's like kryptonite. I think it has to do with the fact that I tighten my entire posterior chain when I perform pull-ups (..which is part of the reason why I cross my legs; the other is that it ensures that I remain straight), and that tightening of the chain also engages my entire back.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-24-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #97
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I give you much credit for going on video. Like anything else on video, it opens you up for criticism, so the thin-skinned needn't apply. With that said, I'd really like to see you perform full reps at a Gold's gym or something.

As for Jeremy going on camera......ehhhhhh.....him, Glight and DylloS are pretty much the only guys who go on camera regularly around here, so I don't know that your statement was/is applicable.

P.S. I hate doing pull-ups with bent knees. In fact, I do LESS with bent knees or any lower body involvement. It's probably mental, but I probably can't pull 20+ non-strict, and I sure as hell won't/can't reach my PR of 35 with bent knees. If I'm not straight, I'm weak........it's like kryptonite.
Fair enough. And I agree that bent knees make it a good bit harder. It's probably because its just another thing for your core muscle groups to engage.

So ill certainly do another go at golds and try for a bit more of a hang. I think the other issue is how wide-grip I had to do it as there wasn't any adjustment in the cheap setup they have in my apartment building.. And like was said, the wider you go, the harder it gets.

Regarding you know who, I don't think anyone would look at the above comments from the push-up thread and consider them encouraging or even reasonably respectful. We are all in here for self improvement and encouragement so I personally don't think that type of commentary is ever needed. Constructive criticism is welcome and yours is much appreciated as you obviously know your stuff... But the above definitely isn't constructive by any means.

Ill be back for another go

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 01-24-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #98
BreakMyWallet

Stop being so dramatic bro. You immediately go to "you're a hater" so I immediately go to "those suck" what's the difference?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #99
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
lol strong pullups

not srs at all
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #100
M3Inline6

My chin-ups officially suck (..I pulled 16 body weight chin-ups after heavy squats, cleans and weighted chin-ups; 4 sets of 7 with 70 lbs. on a weight belt). I'm determined to grow these biceps, and these chin-ups are working well. I just suck at them.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-25-2013 at 01:17 AM.