E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #21
DelzDawg

My Ride: BMW 325i
So even though a stock amp doesn't exist?.. There will still be a white wire that can double as a remote? Like I said, I have found 2 and neither turn on the amp. This is a photo of the cluster of wires on the left of my boot..

And this one is the right hand side of my trunk. As you can see I have the Amp connected to the battery. And is that a suitable location for the ground?

DelzDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #22
jbrewer

My Ride: 2000 323ci
I believe it's solid white, but not 100% sure.
Your best option would be to get a light tester and see which wires work.
First though you should search for a wire diagram/color codes for your model.
All of my wires were on the left side/drivers side (USA) of the trunk.

On both sides of the trunk you should see 2 factory grounds. I connected my amp to the one on the right side of the trunk.
As long as the metal is bare where you connect it you should be good.
jbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #23
sonaldinho89

My Ride: e90 325i 6MT
if you just want to TEST your amp, your could connect your remote wire directly to any 12V source, to make sure it turns on, but for the actual remote wire, it's a white wire coming off the back of the headunit. That's where i tapped into it, but as it travels along the side of the car to the trunk, you can tap into any where you can find it (some other posters have already mentioned good spots)
Old 01-31-2010, 01:48 AM   #24
DelzDawg

Done

We have lift-off. I ended up tapping in to the remote behind the head unit. Rad it under the carpet, backseats and in to the boot. Success! Thanks for all your help!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #25
DelzDawg

PROBLEM. The positive wire running from the Amp to Battery cam loose last night. I reconnected it to the amplifier but no green light. Any idea on why this would happen?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #26
B-Man

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Check your fuse.
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #27
DelzDawg

Fuse is in tact
Old 02-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #28
B-Man

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Did you check the large fuse on your power wire (+12V) for your amp near your battery? Did you check any fuses on the amp itself? If these are ok, then check the remote wire connection and ground wire.
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #29
E46RED92

My Ride: 2003 bmw 325i
Hello i jst got my first bmw but i am trying to put an aftermarket sub and amp and i been following this thead and i got it down but when i took the carpet out i found 2 other connection i beleive is the same one u guys were talking about and i was wondering if i could wire them up to that one or does it have to be to the one that goes on the amp??
E46RED92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #30
MATT14

My Ride: 2002 325i
2002 325i sub Install

Hey I am trying to connect my kenwood amp to the factory amp in my 2002 325i. I've read this thread multiple times but am still a little unclear on how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
MATT14 is offline   Reply With Quote