E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
mchratliff

My Ride: 2001 330i
Absolute cheapest *new* parts

I plan on doing quite a bit of work whenever the IRS decides I should have my income taxes and was wondering where I could get a great deal on some rather high dollar much needed parts. (hopefully first or second Friday in February?)
I did some shopping around and found that rmeuropean is the best I found so far.

a few of the parts I plan on purchasing are:

Valve cover (swisher smoke test...don't ask. heh something I fabricated out of an old ccv hose connector, some good tape, spare washing machine hose and a cigar, may not be the best method but it reveled exactly what I needed to know, If I need a new one and yes I found several hairline cracks in it that way) instead of trying to fix I just plan on replacing it since it's brittle and seen very many heat/cooling cycles.

Disa Valve:
Do I even need to explain? Oh and mine is completely broken, no chance of repair.

there are tons more maintenance wise including the cooling system and suspension components. I have a nice list of goodies but the price range from different stores vary greatly,

Where would be the best and most reasonable place to buy from? OEM wise not cheap chinese knockoff parts.
mchratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
Step 1.) Visit www.realoem.com for the part numbers of the parts that you need.
Step 2.) Insert part number(s) here (making sure all the sites on the left side are checked): http://www.furiousmethod.com/
Luckily for you, rmEuro is a vendor on that site^ so you can see how their prices fair to the competition.
Step 3.) Buy from the cheapest source.

Last edited by PH03NIX46; 01-24-2013 at 12:03 AM.
PH03NIX46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
Kmoy2002

My Ride: 2002tii, 540i, 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH03NIX46 View Post
Step 2.) Insert part number(s) here (making sure all the sites on the left side are checked): http://www.furiousmethod.com/
Luckily for you, rmEuro is a vendor on that site^ so you can see how their prices fair to the competition.
This, no ones going to do your homework for you. Check out furiousmethod, add your items up from various vendors and see which comes out to be the cheapest with shipping and taxes included.

I ended up shopping at 3 places when I did my cooling system.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #4
mikeetastic

My Ride: 325i/323Ci
Add partsgeek.com and autoplicity.com (found them via google shopping)..

Thats where i bought my Luk SAC clutch kits.. Very fast free shipping and Tax free to CA

Last edited by mikeetastic; 01-24-2013 at 01:38 AM.
mikeetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
I have bought parts over the last 4 years for a major rejuvenation project for my car. I can tell you that RMEuropean has the lowest prices for a large majority of the parts. BMA also has prices as low as RMEuro, but they seem to have a smaller inventory. I worked from lists of parts numbers and searched most of the BMW parts dealers, and used the FuriousMethod app mentioned above. 99% of the time, RMEuro was the lowest for most items. They even include BMW coolant in their free shipping, which a lot of sites won't do. It is expensive to buy online, if you have to pay for shipping.
But, if you want Meyle HD suspension components, then OEMBimmerparts and BMA have the best prices. For aftermarket shocks and springs, you are going to have to shop around, and look for sales. I got a set of Koni shocks on sale for $635 shipped during a sale, and a week later the price was back up to $1100+ on the same site, and all of the others as well. So, for things like that, you have to be patient, and wait it out. Someone will have a sale eventually.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #6
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
I found oembimmerparts to have good prices and good shipping rates to Hawaii, only downside is these cheaper sites have a limited selection
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
bma

spece30 code

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
Redryan98

My Ride: 07 Legacy GT 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
bma

spece30 code
+1 if you don't need OE and okay with OEM parts. BMA has been the least expensive by far, quick and free shipping (for orders over $75)and excellent customer service.

If you do need OE I recommend thebmwpartstore.com. Cheapest OE parts I've seen so far.
Redryan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
mchratliff

My Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH03NIX46 View Post
Wow, talk about finding the absolute best price without having to manually go through each and every site typing in the part number.

Found a valve cover for an astonishing $169 at the bmwpartstore! Cheapest I found at other places was around $215, Awesome!

Last edited by mchratliff; 01-24-2013 at 12:09 PM.
mchratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchratliff View Post
Found a valve cover for an astonishing $169 at the bmwpartstore! Cheapest I found at other places was around $215, Awesome!
I find that these people are very competitive for OEM parts. Pelican Parts is usually competitive for aftermarket parts.

Do a search for the aftermarket brand name on this forum before you buy. Almost every part in the E46 has been vetted here.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
ecstuning.com has great pictures for when you want to verify a part more accurately than realoem.com (once you find the part number)
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
sub'd
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
you guys forgot fcpeuro.com
They have good selection of parts OE/OEM and aftermarket.

I have been bma and rmeuropean fan. But recently started buying from fcpeuro because of $25 free shipping cap. BMA recently increased the free shipping to to $75 cap and the prices are increasing too.

For non-essential plastic stuff, I go rockauto.com. Cant beat their price on the aftermarket. I have bought my inner fender liners from them for $9 a piece while the OEM is $45.