E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #41
zurus

My Ride: .
My biggest question is where the hell is Bdave at??? i miss his 1 page long replys
zurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:56 PM   #42
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan avoN7 View Post
I'm surprised no one has brought up the recently released Vibra-Technics engine mounts. They are offered in two variants, road and motorsport.

Waiting for the transmission mounts to come out...then I might switch back from my solids.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #43
MisterM

My Ride: 03 M3
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Waiting for the transmission mounts to come out...then I might switch back from my solids.
Don't wait. They are legit. I went from OE --> Delrin --> OE E9X --> to Vibra Technics. Sold my old mounts already (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963940)

The VT mounts are as compliant as the OE mounts at idle with the ferocity and linear connection of the Delrin banging gears at redline.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 AM   #44
MarcusLSB

My Ride: X5, CT200h, CLK63 BS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
Don't wait. They are legit. I went from OE --> Delrin --> OE E9X --> to Vibra Technics. Sold my old mounts already (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963940)

The VT mounts are as compliant as the OE mounts at idle with the ferocity and linear connection of the Delrin banging gears at redline.
The transmissions mount say 'coming soon'.. I'd be inclined to try them as a combination once the transmission mounts come out.
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #45
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
I run the BimmerWorld Performance/Track Engine Mounts in both my race car & street 330Ci. They fit & work great, I perceive NO new noise or vibration (but you may) with these stiffer mounts. Forum sponsor BW makes a great product, I'd recommend these to anyone looking for an upgraded motor mount.

http://store.bimmerworld.com/bimmerw...unts-p930.aspx

Good luck,
Rob.
They definitely increase vibration- especially at idle.

And don't the Vibra Technics cost around $500?

"All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Last edited by Grande D; 01-24-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #46
dan avoN7

My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
And don't the Vibra Technics cost around $500?
I paid about half that through the deal they were running on M3Forum. Total came out to ~$260 USD for the pair shipped to the US (they are based in the UK). No increased NVH when compared to a fairly new set of OEM mounts, yet a noticeable improvement in response and less of the "clunk" on hard shifts. I highly recommend them
dan avoN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #47
MisterM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan avoN7 View Post
No increased NVH when compared to a fairly new set of OEM mounts, yet a noticeable improvement in response and less of the "clunk" on hard shifts.
Fair and accurate assessment. I too got these off of the group buy, and they also replaced a 5 month old set of OE E9X mounts.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
stosh1

My Ride: M3
Here's the link (below) to my GB thread over on M3F for the VT engine mounts. Sorry guys, don't get over here much...think that you can still pick them up directly through Colin@greeneperformance.com for about $290ish shipped. They were actually originally developed w/FI guys in mind too, as lots of folks were having issues with tearing out O.E. mounts.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=427164
Old 01-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #49
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
thank you
Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #50
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
IIRC the stock mounts have a special function in the event of a crash which the Bimmerworld mounts maintain.

Am I mistaken? If I'm not, do the Vibra Technics retain this feature?

"All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #51
stosh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
IIRC the stock mounts have a special function in the event of a crash which the Bimmerworld mounts maintain.

Am I mistaken? If I'm not, do the Vibra Technics retain this feature?
Yes, the VT mounts have the same 'fail safe' design as the O.E. mounts.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #52
HighBoostin330

My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by stosh1 View Post
Here's the link (below) to my GB thread over on M3F for the VT engine mounts. Sorry guys, don't get over here much...think that you can still pick them up directly through Colin@greeneperformance.com for about $290ish shipped. They were actually originally developed w/FI guys in mind too, as lots of folks were having issues with tearing out O.E. mounts.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=427164
Can we get another GB going then???
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #53
Beedub

My Ride: bmw z4m vt2-525
I have the VT competition mounts :-) very pleased :-)
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #54
stosh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
Can we get another GB going then???
I'll be conducting beta testing in the coming weeks on the transmission mounts next, and as long as everything goes ok & they're green lighted for production...then I think that we'll do another GB on both mounts. I'll try to post it over here as well...this time.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #55
HighBoostin330

My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
I'll be conducting beta testing in the coming weeks on the transmission mounts next, and as long as everything goes ok & they're green lighted for production...then I think that we'll do another GB on both mounts. I'll try to post it over here as well...this time.
Thanks! I actually want to buy both of them at the same time. So that would be perfect!
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #56
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Welcome Stosh1. Glad to see you in this forum I was in your thread a few times on M3Forum (TRPNBMR). I can't wait to get the combo ;D
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #57
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
Thanks! I actually want to buy both of them at the same time. So that would be perfect!
Ditto!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #58
stosh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
Welcome Stosh1. Glad to see you in this forum I was in your thread a few times on M3Forum (TRPNBMR). I can't wait to get the combo ;D
Thank you sir, I just really don't get over here too much, but it's not because I don't have any love for my FI brethren...as it is, I can barely keep up over on M3F. Don't know how you guys pull off being so active across multiple forums!?!?

Last edited by stosh1; 01-25-2013 at 09:55 AM.
stosh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #59
MisterM

Quote:
Don't know how you guys pull off being so active across multiple forums!?!?
NO kids swamping your wallet or time!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #60
stosh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
NO kids swamping your wallet or time!
Yep, I suppose your right Mike, amazing how they compete for both...but I wouldn't change it for anything!