E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #41
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Good ol' RayPooley the n00b!

And I ALWAYS find these threads amusing too.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #42
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
I was pulled over!

I was breaking the law, but for god's sake- that's not the point!
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #43
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
You might want to brush up on your reading comprehension Ray. He said nothing about the frequency of these threads. He did say he "always" finds them amusing though. I don't know how you inferred that to mean "these threads are posted all the time."

I too ALWAYS find these types of threads amusing.
Always:
1.At all times; on all occasions.
2.Throughout a long period of the past.

Repetition and consistency are implicit in the meaning of the word ALWAYS.

I USED TO find these threads amusing ... implies that they no longer occur.

I WILL find these threads amusing ... implies they have yet to occur.

Nothing wrong with my comprehension.

Last edited by RayPooley; 01-24-2013 at 03:23 PM.
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #44
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPooley View Post
Always:

These window tint threads appear all of the time (..and have appeared in various capacities for YEARS; it's completely redundant). The term "always" is more than appropriate.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-24-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #45
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Always:

I USED TO find these threads amusing... implies that they still occur but I no longer find them amusing.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #46
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
I USED TO find these threads amusing... implies that they still occur but I no longer find them amusing.
LOL! Ray being taken to....

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-24-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #47
RayPooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Good ol' RayPooley the n00b!

And I ALWAYS find these threads amusing too.
You really been on here since Dec 1969? Jesus! A 20 year vet would still be a noob compared to that. You only posted 1,742 comments in all that time? Wassup dude? You got nothing to say? And look at me. 848 in 6 months. A regular blabber mouth.

When do you actually stop being a noob on here? Is it purely a matter of elapsed time or is it based on some kind of comments per week multiple? If its the latter you need to shape up.

Last edited by RayPooley; 01-24-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #48
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
I was pulled over!

I was breaking the law, but for god's sake- that's not the point!
Brevik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #49
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
You really been on here since Dec 1969? Jesus! A 20 year vet would still be a noob compared to that. You only posted 1,742 comments in all that time? Wassup dude? You got nothing to say? And look at me. 848 in 6 months. A regular blabber mouth.

When do you actually stop being a noob on here? Is it purely a matter of elapsed time or is it based on some kind of comments per week multiple?
I've been here 10 years. All of us old schooler's who were here since the dawn of E46Fanatics have 1969 join dates (..think "grandfathered in"). I have 1,742 non-Off Topic forum comments, but I probably have triple that in OT comments. OT comments do not count towards your number (..if you haven't noticed smart guy). You are no longer a n00b when you begin to understand the dynamic of this forum...........which you have yet to achieve. Post count is largely irrelevant.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-24-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #50
LittleBear

My Ride: 2001 330i
Yo OP,
Look, many cops suck. Accept it, and don't do anything that will attract attention or make you stand out (except for a little speeding!), & be nice to them, especially if you aren't a clean looking white guy like in the pic below. But even then....
I got pulled a couple of years ago on the TSP by a statie. He probably thought I was speeding but didn't get me on radar because I was blocked by another car. So he gave me a ticket for no license plate lights. I asked if I could look, the lights were on, & he said, "you must have just done that...." I went to court & he didn't show.
I also got pulled once for tinted windows & I have only the stock BMW tint. After he eyeballed my car thoroughly in & out, he let me go.
Don't have beer bottles rattling around in your car, don't let it smell like bacalola, and if you have a backpack or such inside the car, have it zipped or closed, otherwise they can check it.
In NYC Bloomberg has put out a directive that all cops have to appear for ticket hearings, so you won't find many cops not showing.
Upstate, if you get a speeding ticket, go to court, even by yourself. If they find you guilty of speeding under some circumstances (state road? by a statie? I forget), the fine money goes to the state. If the town judge reduces your charge to a parking ticket or whatever (like with me this fall), the money you pay might be similar, but the money will go to the town & you will get no points on your license.

Murf

Last edited by LittleBear; 01-31-2014 at 11:00 AM.
LittleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #51
RayPooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I've been here 10 years. All of us old schooler's who were here since the dawn of E46Fanatics have 1969 join dates (..think "grandfathered in"). I have 1,742 non-Off Topic forum comments, but I probably have triple that in OT comments. OT comments do not count towards your number (..if you haven't noticed smart guy). You are no longer a n00b when you begin to understand the dynamic of this forum...........which you have yet to achieve. Post count is largely irrelevant.
So post count isn't actually post count. Its a rather pointless statistic then wouldn't you say? Why do I get the sense that the words dynamic and bulls**t are interchangeable in that last statement?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #52
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
So post count isn't actually post count. Its a rather pointless statistic then wouldn't you say? Why do I get the sense that the words dynamic and bulls**t are interchangeable in that last statement?
man you sure are one angry dude. all you do is be angry at people in every post you make!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #53
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Yo OP,
Look, many cops suck. Accept it, and don't do anything that will attract attention or make you stand out (except for a little speeding!), & be nice to them, especially if you aren't a clean looking white guy like in the pic below. But even then....
I got pulled a couple of years ago on the TSP by a statie. He probably thought I was speeding but didn't get me on radar because I was blocked by another car. So he gave me a ticket for no license plate lights. I asked if I could look, the lights were on, & he said, "you must have just done that...." I went to court & he didn't show.
I also got pulled once for tinted windows & I have only the stock BMW tint. After he eyeballed my car thoroughly in & out, he let me go.
Don't have beer bottles rattling around in your car, don't let it smell like bacalola, and if you have a bag inside, have it zipped or closed, otherwise they can check it.
In NYC Bloomburg has put out a directive that all cops have to appear for ticket hearings, so you won't find many cops not showing.
Upstate, if you get a speeding ticket, go to court, even by yourself. If they find you guilty of speeding under some circumstances (state road? by a statie? I forget), the fine money goes to the state. If the town judge reduces your charge to a parking ticket or whatever (like with me this fall), the money you pay might be similar, but the money will go to the town & you will get no points on your license.

Murf
i love your pictures. i'm sure that picture has a backstory. did you go kayaking with your dog?!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 01-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #54
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
Jimmies have successfully been rustled

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #55
RayPooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
man you sure are one angry dude. all you do is be angry at people in every post you make!
Yeah. That's right. Literally EVERY post I make is an angry post. All 800+ postings. All angry. Is that what you mean? Oddly enough EVERY is another one of those ALWAYS words isn't it?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #56
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
Yeah. That's right. Literally EVERY post I make is an angry post. All 800+ postings. All angry. Is that what you mean? Oddly enough EVERY is another one of those ALWAYS words isn't it?
yep

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 01-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #57
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
You went to court for a tint ticket??

Like the attorney said, "Just get over it"

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #58
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
It's not a true post count no. It's also not a number that can be used to determine the amount of quality contributions any particular member adds to the forum.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #59
LittleBear

My Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
i love your pictures. i'm sure that picture has a backstory. did you go kayaking with your dog?!
Thanks Mango,
Little Bear goes canoeing with us all the time.
He also likes to ride in BMWs, especially with his BFF Carlos Santana.

Murf

Last edited by LittleBear; 01-31-2014 at 11:00 AM.
LittleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #60
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
Don't be a sore loser. You got to pay to play.

I've gotten 2 tint tickets before for the last 14 years. No problemo. I knew the cost going in and I'm keeping that bad boy up.