E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #61
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Noveske lower went out today for engraving.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #62
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

So I need some guidance. I'm trying to get as many items pushed through to the ATF as soon as possible, and I would like to get the paperwork on my Noveske SBR lower out this weekend. The problem is that I have not settled on an upper. I have a notification set up with BCM for the LMT 10.5" which is what I think I would really like to use, but I certainly may change my mind.

So the dilemma...should I complete the paperwork with a barrel length of 11.5" since that is what I currently own or should I complete it based on the 10.5" even though I may change my mind? My initial thought is to go with 11.5" since I already have that upper, and I can put any length upper on it as long as I have the ability to go back to 11.5".
Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #63
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
So I need some guidance. I'm trying to get as many items pushed through to the ATF as soon as possible, and I would like to get the paperwork on my Noveske SBR lower out this weekend. The problem is that I have not settled on an upper. I have a notification set up with BCM for the LMT 10.5" which is what I think I would really like to use, but I certainly may change my mind.

So the dilemma...should I complete the paperwork with a barrel length of 11.5" since that is what I currently own or should I complete it based on the 10.5" even though I may change my mind? My initial thought is to go with 11.5" since I already have that upper, and I can put any length upper on it as long as I have the ability to go back to 11.5".
Bingo. That's exactly what you do.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #64
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I

tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #65
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

The Halo Form 4 was approved 1/25/13. It went pending on 8/9/12 so they are still at six months. The stamp is mailed to the FFL, so I should be able to take it home this week.
I mailed out the Noveske Gen 2 lower SBR paperwork yesterday morning. I decided to just list 11.5" for the barrel length.
The Form 3 for the Kestrel 22 suppressor should be approved in the next two weeks. Then I can complete the Form 4 paperwork and the wait begins....
Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #66
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

And another update...ADCO shipped my Takedown barrel back to me this morning!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #67
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
^^^Good start of the morning...looking forward to range report on the halo

I have to put all nfa orders on hold and wait for md legislature. Proposed low is any gun under 28.5" I believe would be illegal no matter what and threaded barrels on pistols are a no go...hopefully the bill gets killed and I can get some stamps started
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #68
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Going to engage this afternoon to preorder one of their custom lowers and request it as an SBR

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #69
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
^^^Good start of the morning...looking forward to range report on the halo
My FFL has a range, so I've had conjugal visits this entire time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec
I have to put all nfa orders on hold and wait for md legislature. Proposed low is any gun under 28.5" I believe would be illegal no matter what and threaded barrels on pistols are a no go...hopefully the bill gets killed and I can get some stamps started
Even NFA items?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Going to engage this afternoon to preorder one of their custom lowers and request it as an SBR
How are you going to "request" a lower as an SBR? Do you mean you are just going to have them engrave the name of your Trust (or LLC)?

Last edited by Serbonze; 01-29-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #70
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
My FFL has a range, so I've had conjugal visits this entire time.

How are you going to "request" a lower as an SBR? Do you mean you are just going to have them engrave the name of your Trust (or LLC)?
that's awesome they let you shoot while it's in jail!

They are a manufacturer and can form 2 it and "build and sbr" since they also manufacturer their lowers, so no additional engraving is needed. Downside they hold onto the lower until paperwork comes back. They will still need his trust or fingerprints/photos etc.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #71
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Yea, that's why I really like going through that FFL. I can play with my toys while waiting for the ATF to do their thing.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #72
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Yea, that's why I really like going through that FFL. I can play with my toys while waiting for the ATF to do their thing.
I would gladly pay a premium transfer price for that if somebody offered that around me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #73
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

$50, that's it!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #74
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
$50, that's it!
Lucky, that's the going rate for normal transfers(regulated) around here nfa closer to $85-100

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #75
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Adam, how hard is it to set up a trust? I'd like to avoid fingerprints if possible.

Also, I heard it was a Form 1 that you could fill out.. you essentially become the manufacturer and that allows you to register just a lower as an SBR.

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #76
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Adam, how hard is it to set up a trust? I'd like to avoid fingerprints if possible.

Also, I heard it was a Form 1 that you could fill out.. you essentially become the manufacturer and that allows you to register just a lower as an SBR.
An NFA trust is very easy to set up, but will probably take some time right now. Without a trust, you need an LLC or the sign off of your CLEO (including the fingerprints). Like Adam said, you need to provide that stuff to Engage, and you are not going to have access to it until your examiner approves it.

I'm going to suggest that you do a lot of research prior to going through the NFA process for an SBR or any other NFA item. It's not something that you want to jump into without really knowing the potential consqequences of your actions from everything regarding co-trustees, constructive intent, leaving your state, etc.

The first two posts in this thread will give you some good information to start your research:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...072&highlight=

Last edited by Serbonze; 01-29-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #77
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
An NFA trust is very easy to set up, but will probably take some time right now. Without a trust, you need an LLC or the sign off of your CLEO (including the fingerprints). Like Adam said, you need to provide that stuff to Engage, and you are not going to have access to it until your examiner approves it.

I'm going to suggest that you do a lot of research prior to going through the NFA process for an SBR or any other NFA item. It's not something that you want to jump into without really knowing the potential consqequences of your actions from everything regarding co-trustees, constructive intent, leaving your state, etc.

The first two posts in this thread will give you some good information to start your research:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...072&highlight=
What are some of the potential consequences? I was under the impression that I could :

- Preorder Engage lower and inform them I want to build it as an SBR
- Fill out my trust at guntrust.com
- Upon Engage delivering the lowers, I would fill out paperwork and provide information on my trust. It would, at that point, be engraved.

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #78
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
What are some of the potential consequences?
Prison time and $250,000 fines for violations. Do the research. You should know what you are getting into before you start the process, it's not a "hey it would be cool if..." type of thing. I don't want to disuade you from entering the world of NFA, but you will want to know more about it before ordering that lower.

Last edited by Serbonze; 01-29-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #79
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Boogers

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.

Last edited by MpoweredM; 01-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #80
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

I was finally able to take the Halo home today. This process started in March of last year.