E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #21
taylor192
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Best Place on Earth
Posts: 1,589
My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystert View Post
From that logic, since the e46 is 15 or so years old now, practically all problems that will happen have occurred. This must be the case since there are so many repetitive questions, why not just lock the entire forum and make it a searchable archive with no new postings. Then everyone would have to search.
Don't be facetious, that's just dumb.

There's always going to be something new to discuss, like Besian Systems stating they are working on a fix for the exhaust cam hub tab failure. I don't wish those important discussions to be lost in a sea of repetitive posts - and those of us with high mileage M3s facing this serious issue would hopefully agree.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #22
MachRc
E46Fanatic
 
MachRc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,475
My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scca_ziptie View Post
You have provided a broken link..
I searched all the thread post from the OP and all his thread have answers.

click his name and find more threads.
__________________

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."

Last edited by MachRc; 01-24-2013 at 01:59 PM.
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #23
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,785
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Now, now, taylor, mystert was just using reductio ad absurdum...I thought pretty well! lol

99% of our cars are really the same...same as 99% of all cars. When I got more active here and Gheybe was lobbying for his Vert Forum, I objected just because of that fact...that we'd all be better served being in the same place, collecting more information than maybe we want, but at least getting what we want.

On any particular day, there will be 200+ easily in the General Forum, and maybe 15-50 at best in the sub-forums (except OT, of course!).

I don't think we need Lighting, Suspension, Performance as separate places. Being together more benefits us all. The noobs and OGs alike could learn more from such a single forum talking about 'all things auto.' (FI is a different animal, though, so I'm sure it deserves its special home) But I've seen very few issues that are that unique to the 'normal' e46, including M, vert, coupe.
__________________


Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com

Last edited by dmax; 01-24-2013 at 02:07 PM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
MachRc
E46Fanatic
 
MachRc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,475
My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Now, now, taylor, mystert was just using reductio ad absurdum...I thought pretty well! lol

99% of our cars are really the same...same as 99% of all cars. When I got more active here and Gheybe was lobbying for his Vert Forum, I objected just because of that fact...that we'd all be better served being in the same place, collecting more information than maybe we want, but at least getting what we want.

On any particular day, there will be 200+ easily in the General Forum, and maybe 15-50 at best in the sub-forums (except OT, of course!).

I don't think we need Lighting, Suspension, Performance as separate places. Being together more benefits us all. The noobs and OGs alike could learn more from such a single forum talking about 'all things auto.' (FI is a different animal, though, so I'm sure it deserves its special home) But I've seen very few issues that are that unique to the 'normal' e46, including M, vert, coupe.
true the subforum isnt as robust and populated like general where most if not all questions get answered.

But its nice to have a little special hangout where I know certain people who devote themselves to multiple m3 forums lurk and exist.

And I find it conforting to find purists and people non purist m3 lovers in this forum. Both sides gravitate to each their sides, but I like diversity.
__________________

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #25
mystert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 370
My Ride: 2003 330Ci
It all comes down to what your parents and teachers said years ago, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Instead of telling a noob to "search loser", just don't respond. If no one responds in a few days they will probably search a little. If you start giving the noob crap, it just turns into the **** show that is e46fanatics at the present day. If a kid wants to stance his car, don't tell him it's gay, just don't say anything at all. If he doesn't get his answer he'll go elsewhere. If you give him crap it once again turns into a **** show. So just respond with positive constructive responses and make this forum great again.
__________________

MysterT Huntington Beach, CA
mystert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
taylor192
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Best Place on Earth
Posts: 1,589
My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Now, now, taylor, mystert was just using reductio ad absurdum...I thought pretty well! lol
If he had written it with the same humour you did I'd been inclined to let it go with a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
99% of our cars are really the same...same as 99% of all cars. When I got more active here and Gheybe was lobbying for his Vert Forum, I objected just because of that fact...that we'd all be better served being in the same place, collecting more information than maybe we want, but at least getting what we want.

On any particular day, there will be 200+ easily in the General Forum, and maybe 15-50 at best in the sub-forums (except OT, of course!).
I like having the separate Vert forum, and I like having fewer threads in sub forms, I'll explain why:

My top is currently broken, main hydraulic cylinder leaked. I searched to find anyone on any forum that had replaced the main hydraulic cylinders - with no luck. So I started a thread looking for help and documenting my progress so the next person who is stuck in a similar situation has the help they need.

Unfortunately that thread gets buried by the "CSL trunk", "plastidip" and other useless threads that have been discussed ad nauseum and should be moved to the general forum or just deleted. If someone who happens to have any info checks the Vert section one day, my thread is so buried I'm unlikely to get help, or there's so much crap they are less likely to search and find it.

Less is more, especially for technical discussion, which I assume what the specialty sub forums are for.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #27
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,785
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
That's true, but because of lack of viewers, you get lack of knowledge, and your thread gets buried and you don't get help. If there wasn't a vert forum, there'd be 1,000 people or more seeing it daily and your odds of getting help increases...maybe?

I hate the 'what color' threads, and think there should be forum for them...same with guys that can't decide what bumper, wheels, etc. to get.

Anyway, despite the issues we'd all be able to find, I have to say I love this place and got addicted long ago. I like helping people and learning...and this is the perfect place to do it...especially because of Griffin!
__________________


Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #28
fatskidmark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 65
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystert View Post
It all comes down to what your parents and teachers said years ago, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Instead of telling a noob to "search loser", just don't respond. If no one responds in a few days they will probably search a little. If you start giving the noob crap, it just turns into the **** show that is e46fanatics at the present day. If a kid wants to stance his car, don't tell him it's gay, just don't say anything at all. If he doesn't get his answer he'll go elsewhere. If you give him crap it once again turns into a **** show. So just respond with positive constructive responses and make this forum great again.
YES, YES, YES!! I totally agree! This is exactly what I got tired of on the other forum and I got kicked off for say'n just about exactly what you did! I may have been a bit more harsh about it...
fatskidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #29
taylor192
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Best Place on Earth
Posts: 1,589
My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
That's true, but because of lack of viewers, you get lack of knowledge, and your thread gets buried and you don't get help. If there wasn't a vert forum, there'd be 1,000 people or more seeing it daily and your odds of getting help increases...maybe?
Maybe? No.

My GF owns a Volvo XC70. There's a Volvo XC forum, gets very little traffic, yet what traffic it does get is from very knowledgeable people so it is filled with tons of great info that's easy to find. It also benefits from the lack of "wheels", "white LEDs", "plastidip", ... type threads cause Volvo owners just don't bother with that crap.

It is far easier for me to find good info on her car than mine, despite there being numerous forums for the e46 and e46 M3 cause I have to weed through so much crap. Plus when I do need help with her car I find the replies are better quality.

I rest my case: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967477
What a dumb thread, it should be deleted.

Anyways I am being a bit harsh. I do like this forum, especially the Vert and Canada section - yet otherwise I tend to get most of my info from M3F, there's more knowledge there than here.

Last edited by taylor192; 01-24-2013 at 05:20 PM.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #30
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,785
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Maybe? No.

My GF owns a Volvo XC70. There's a Volvo XC forum, gets very little traffic, yet what traffic it does get is from very knowledgeable people so it is filled with tons of great info that's easy to find. It also benefits from the lack of "wheels", "white LEDs", "plastidip", ... type threads cause Volvo owners just don't bother with that crap.

It is far easier for me to find good info on her car than mine, despite there being numerous forums for the e46 and e46 M3 cause I have to weed through so much crap. Plus when I do need help with her car I find the replies are better quality.

I rest my case: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967477
What a dumb thread, it should be deleted.

Anyways I am being a bit harsh. I do like this forum, especially the Vert and Canada section - yet otherwise I tend to get most of my info from M3F, there's more knowledge there than here.
My favorite trick for separating the wheat from the chaff her is to use advanced/title search. Search for your symptoms, codes, diy help...usually gets to threads that are focused on what you need. But, I know, there are a few posts here to weed through!

But, if I don't troll occasionally, as warranted, it backs up in my system and I feel unwell. If they want any good advice from me, they have to put up with me berating and humiliating them...making them ashamed to be alive. Otherwise, there's really not much for me here! What, just helping some people? Not much in it for me then!
__________________


Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #31
illestminimike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Covina CA
Posts: 4,038
My Ride: Project Drama
OP, I will admit I troll a lot on here but whenever a fellow M owner asks a question in here I do my best to answer. I would not say the forum is going to die. It helps a lot of us.
__________________
-2005 SMG ZCP Coupe
-1967 Mini Cooper
illestminimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #32
corNIC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 31
My Ride: '01 M3, '06 x3
I'm new here and posed several questions and people were generally really helpful to me so far. It's sort of like complaining about facebook(which I no longer use) or whatever that stupid instagram thing is. It's free service that is provided complaining or getting upset is sort of silly. I'm thankful for any advice I get.
corNIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #33
SPEEDCHIP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 314
My Ride: E90 335I
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystert View Post
it all comes down to what your parents and teachers said years ago, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Instead of telling a noob to "search loser", just don't respond. If no one responds in a few days they will probably search a little. If you start giving the noob crap, it just turns into the **** show that is e46fanatics at the present day. If a kid wants to stance his car, don't tell him it's gay, just don't say anything at all. If he doesn't get his answer he'll go elsewhere. If you give him crap it once again turns into a **** show. So just respond with positive constructive responses and make this forum great again.
+1
SPEEDCHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #34
rcsummers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suburbia, NJ
Posts: 3,734
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
OP, I will admit I troll a lot on here but whenever a fellow M owner asks a question in here I do my best to answer. I would not say the forum is going to die. It helps a lot of us.


just admit it. besides welcoming people to this place. were useless. haha
__________________
rcsummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #35
illestminimike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Covina CA
Posts: 4,038
My Ride: Project Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post
just admit it. besides welcoming people to this place. were useless. haha
Haha ok you're right.
__________________
-2005 SMG ZCP Coupe
-1967 Mini Cooper
illestminimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
KhanArt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 7zero3
Posts: 364
My Ride: 04 M3 JB/Cinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercar Ace View Post
You can try you luck here on M3 Forum.Net

Hope you get your questioned answered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by omhl View Post
M3forum.net

im only on there now
I spend most of my time there... Very helpful site
__________________
2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
Build///Journal
Tuning Tech Frank Smith /// Custom Performance Innovations /// Active Autowerke
KhanArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #37
waldron80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4
My Ride: E46 M3
Funny.... I was just wondering about this forum and how people felt about it...

I'm at m3forum

http://m3forum.net/m3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9_nr_
waldron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #38
grkm3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,903
My Ride: Money Pit
Send a message via AIM to grkm3
I gave up trying to help others long ago. Then again, I haven't had as much idle time due to life's other commitments.
__________________
03 Steel Gray M3 - Imola Red Interior - SMGII - Premium - HK Sound
Mods: VFE SC Stage 2, SS Ceramic Coated Stepped Headers, S-Pipe, X-Pipe, TMS Subframe Reinforcement, KWV2 Coilovers, TMS Camber Plates, Powerflex RTAB's, Rogue RSM's, ZCP F/R brakes

Coming Soon: Open to suggestions


Last edited by grkm3; 01-31-2013 at 07:11 PM.
grkm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use