E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #21
terzinator

My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
Pending sale... that'd be me!

Can't freaking wait.

Talked with Al for a half an hour this evening about the car. What a great guy.

I've been drooling over this ad, and the wagon mod thread, and the wagon wisdom thread... I'm very inspired, and I feel lucky to have stumbled across this wagon, with what appears to be a rather cool pedigree.

Bruce, feel free to PM me about the car. (Or shoot me a mail at veedublin at the mail that starts with g.) I'd love to learn more.

Cheers, all!
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #22
avincent52

My Ride: 325iT 5 speed/Sport
Congrats, Terz.
The only thing that keeps this car from perfect IMHO is the lack of a sunroof. Which is good because I would have been spending money on it that I don't have.
I had an AW touring with a 5 speed and sports package and I have to say it was near perfect. Where else can you have this much fun and carry a dog, four large people and their luggage for a road trip (with a Yakima box, of course.)
If I were in a modding mood, this is exactly how I would have modded it.
Good luck. And buy snow tires.

BTW I"m listening to a Bottle Rockets song called "Thousand Dollar Car."

"If a thousand dollar car was worth a damn, why would anyone ever spend ten grand?"
avincent52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #23
terzinator

thanks, AV52, I hear ya on the sunroof. And I debated that fact for a bit. Most cars I've had have had one. I just thought it was a given or must-have. Like when you make your list when you're looking at houses: gotta have a fireplace. (In Minnesota, anyway.) Anyway, it was on my "gotta have" list.

But I thought further, and realized, I've never really used them all that much. They can be noisy and leaky, too. (On the highway, they're waaay too noisy.) In town, yeah, kinda nice, but I think it's one thing that I like when it's there, but don't really miss when it's not.

This car is soooo perfect in every other way. And I think, from an enthusiast's mindset, no sunroof is kinda cool, too. So it conveniently moved to my "ahh, I don't really care if it has one!" list.

And for sure on the snow tires. I'll probably look for a set of 16" or 17" wheels over the next few months to mount 'em on for next winter. This winter, like last year, has been essentially snow-free. But it'll come eventually. I have the Eurovan to drive if it gets dicey.

Last edited by terzinator; 01-26-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #24
avincent52

Quote:
Originally Posted by terzinator View Post
thanks, AV52, I hear ya on the sunroof. And I debated that fact for a bit. Most cars I've had have had one. I just thought it was a given or must-have. Like when you make your list when you're looking at houses: gotta have a fireplace. (In Minnesota, anyway.) Anyway, it was on my "gotta have" list.

But I thought further, and realized, I've never really used them all that much. They can be noisy and leaky, too. (On the highway, they're waaay too noisy.) In town, yeah, kinda nice, but I think it's one thing that I like when it's there, but don't really miss when it's not.

This car is soooo perfect in every other way. And I think, from an enthusiast's mindset, no sunroof is kinda cool, too. So it conveniently moved to my "ahh, I don't really care if it has one!" list.

And for sure on the snow tires. I'll probably look for a set of 16" or 17" wheels over the next few months to mount 'em on for next winter. This winter, like last year, has been essentially snow-free. But it'll come eventually. I have the Eurovan to drive if it gets dicey.
I use my sunroof just *all* the time, and I do a lot of in town driving, so it's not too noisy. I never had any problems with mine because I used it constantly and don't think I closed the shade five times in five years.
I still regret not getting a sunroof on the minivan I drive now.
And I start thinking about an e91 now and then because of that giant panoramic thing.
I scratch my head at the sunroof delete crowd. I guess if you're tall and tracking the car, maybe it's an advantage, but the weight is like a couple bags of groceries.
So if this car did have the sunroof, you wouldn't have gotten to buy it because I would have.
If and when I find another wagon with a 5 speed and sports package...and a sunroof, I'll keep yours in mind, when I start prowling for upgrades.
The M3 steering wheel, the ZHP wheels, maybe a few Dinan goodies.
This one's been done right.
Enjoy it safely and in good health.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #25
terzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by avincent52 View Post
I scratch my head at the sunroof delete crowd.
Yeah, I'm probably just rationalizing!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #26
avincent52

Terz
Sent you an e-mail at the address above.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #27
swiftytoenails

My Ride: 1991 325i/2002 325iT
Car is sold. Enjoy it Chris!
swiftytoenails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #28
terzinator

Al, it's been a pleasure. (And I'm sure we'll continue to be in touch until it arrives!)

I wish I could fly out there and pick it up personally. That would be a fun drive. (Well, more fun in the summer.)

Snap a photo when it's on the truck!

And avincent52, fun to reconnect! Small freaking world. (See if you can get me on Wayne's list for an A-5. Before I turn 80, that is.)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #29
avincent52

Aw heck! After reading this thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=968023
about how easy it would be to DIY a glass roof, I can't believe I didn't buy this wagon.

This could have been mine.
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/w...y10/002-16.jpg

So Chris, how about a trade for my mighty Mazda minivan and a Sawzall?
And maybe a Henderson guitar?

Last edited by avincent52; 01-30-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #30
terzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by avincent52 View Post
So Chris, how about a trade for my mighty Mazda minivan and a Sawzall?
And maybe a Henderson guitar?
Hmmm... ultra tempting, Allen. Does the Sawzall have a good assortment of blades? I have one of those saws, but I never have the right blade at the right time.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #31
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
That car that plate

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #32
schosports

My Ride: 02 325IT,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
Was this Bill Schofield's old car?
LOL, so I was looking for pictures of style 135's on tourings and I find this thread. I can't believe there was another alpine white 325, manual, with CCA tags in Maryland. I wish I had that black interior and no sunroof.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #33
avincent52

I passed on that car *because* it didn't have a sunroof.
Aargh.

As the once (and future?) owner of a 2005 Alpine White iT with a 5-speed and sports package (we don't have CCA plates in NJ), let me know if you're thinking about selling your car or you stumble upon something similar.

Those 135s are fine, but the 119s are sweet too.

Last edited by avincent52; 05-28-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #34
terzinator

Will do, Allen!

There was ONE day this month it would have been nice to have a sunroof. About 55 degrees, sunny, after a long stretch of gloomy days in the 30s. Otherwise, haven't really missed it.

Weather otherwise has been crap here in the Twin Cities. I've been driving our Eurovan quite a bit, as we still had snow into May! I've only put about 1200 miles on the Touring since I got it in February, so it's still minty fresh. Also trying to ride my bike more this summer, so I don't see me racking up the miles that quickly.

Seems almost silly to own this car, but it really is a gem.

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.

Tags
alpine, dinan, manual, sport, touring