E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #181
GeorgeWendt

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
interesting.....I do it all the time on a Windows 7 machine.... do you have a different computer you can try it on?
Unfortunately no...in my endless research I've read that the inability of the drivers to install on Windows 7 could have something to do with the digital signature, or lack thereof, of the drivers. I've done everything from downloading bypass software to disabling it from the boot menu but I still get the Code 10 error

If only I knew someone with Windows XP! Jeff, how were you able to install the drivers? Or did you even need to?
GeorgeWendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #182
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
I didnt need to....just plugged it in and used it. Ive sent it to dozens of people as well, no issues. Not sure what you have going on there....
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #183
GeorgeWendt

Quote:
I didnt need to....just plugged it in and used it. Ive sent it to dozens of people as well, no issues. Not sure what you have going on there....
Hmmm...well if it makes a difference, I've got a miniUSB cable routed through my glovebox that I'm using. The black box is still located behind the unit and not removed from its harness. Should the car be on/off? Should the black box not be hooked up? When I plug the cable into my laptop, nothing happens.

Last edited by GeorgeWendt; 01-24-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #184
J&T Distributing

bingo.....there is your problem, unplug the ibus box from the car.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #185
GeorgeWendt

Quote:
bingo.....there is your problem, unplug the ibus box from the car.
Ah, that's the catch. Thanks a ton Jeff. I'll try this tonight.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #186
eriksen76

My Ride: BMW 318D 2004
Is the touch like this for everyone?
its a video of how my unit is at the moment, apps crashes and touch screen is barely usable

Last edited by eriksen76; 01-26-2013 at 08:28 AM.
eriksen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #187
ViperZ

My Ride: 1992 325i & 2006 M3
Quote:
UPDATE: Igo Primo Navigation Program.

Working with Dynavin we are now able to install licensed iGo Primo on our Dynavin units. This program has long been a favorite of the "hacker community" and now Im glad to say we can now offer it to everybody in a legit legal way. The licenses are not cheap but we are now including Primo with all of our Dynavin WinCE units. This also greatly simplifies things like future map updates etc... as iGo is well established and has an easy upgrade path available via their website www.naviextras.com

The version that iGo offers us is just the basic North American map program, They offer additional features like premium POIs, 3D buildings, additional maps, etc... on their website www.naviextras.com. All upgrades and updates are done through that site and iGo's "toolbox" using your computer and the dynavin's map SD card.

Hi Jeff, this is great news. How can I get this Igo Primo installed and replaced on my Synic based system?

I had a look at the Naviextras, site, however I may need a step by step of what is all required and how to convert over my system

Thanks!
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #188
J&T Distributing

They are available on our website. The program is on an sd card. The naviextras.com stuff is for later, after you already have the program.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-27-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #189
klinwart

My Ride: Audi TT mk2 coupe
Hi Jeff
Is it possible to use a USB hub on wince?
klinwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #190
02nbmz28

My Ride: 02 z28, 03 325i
I recently installed a D99 Win in my car along with the Wince patch. I noticed there is no option in the main settings to adjust the screen size...only the position/brightness. Any help with this? Makes the windows desktop extremely difficult. Thanks in advance.
02nbmz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #191
mintimperial

My Ride: 2003 530i Sport
Hi, are Dynavin planning on upgrading their old version of android and outdated cpu, ram etc at any point? Andrive units at www.andrive.co.uk have Android 4.0.4 and a 1.2Ghz Dual core and 1Gb ram...whats the advantage of Dynavin when these units are now available?
mintimperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #192
ViperZ

My Ride: 1992 325i & 2006 M3
Quote:
They are available on our website. The program is on an sd card. The naviextras.com stuff is for later, after you already have the program.
Thanks, I'll get one ordered. Any update on my screen issue?
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #193
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintimperial View Post
Hi, are Dynavin planning on upgrading their old version of android and outdated cpu, ram etc at any point? Andrive units at www.andrive.co.uk have Android 4.0.4 and a 1.2Ghz Dual core and 1Gb ram...whats the advantage of Dynavin when these units are now available?
well.....I dont know what dynavin might have in the pipe but their position so far has been "if it aint broke..." I realize this makes the android units eventually obsolete but thats not something I control. Frankly the regular Dynavin units running iGo Primo are the right unit for 80+% of customers I run across, for the rest who are seeking something more advanced, something to hack, etc.... you will need to weigh your options carefully.

as for the "other units", the link you posted is to an enco unit, just take a look at the 4.0 thread here in this forum and see if that is something you are up for......for a dedicated few it might be what they are looking for, but most dont have the programming skill and are not interested in that kind of thing. As that thread demonstrates, there is A LOT more to making android work in a car stereo than specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02nbmz28 View Post
I recently installed a D99 Win in my car along with the Wince patch. I noticed there is no option in the main settings to adjust the screen size...only the position/brightness. Any help with this? Makes the windows desktop extremely difficult. Thanks in advance.
If you are doing Petrut's hack, talk to him about it, he knows more than any of us about that stuff.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-27-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #194
WilliamLD

My Ride: 01' Bmw 330ci
Quote:
well.....I dont know what dynavin might have in the pipe but their position so far has been "if it aint broke..." I realize this makes the android units eventually obsolete but thats not something I control. Frankly the regular Dynavin units running iGo Primo are the right unit for 80+% of customers I run across, for the rest who are seeking something more advanced, something to hack, etc.... you will need to weigh your options carefully.
I understand you might not know what they have down the line, but how do you feel about a tuner integrated in the system for satellite radio? I know there are options to add an external tuner, but do you think they will partner with sirius to have it already installed for future units?
WilliamLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 AM   #195
steveintheburgh

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Hey all.
Any input on if/how the screen is usable in a 'Vert w/ the top down?
Would hate to invest then not be able to use it from March-November.....
steveintheburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 AM   #196
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveintheburgh View Post
Hey all.
It's usable most of the time. If you've got direct glare on it, it's bad. I don't mind it much, but there are times that drives me crazy.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #197
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamLD View Post
I understand you might not know what they have down the line, but how do you feel about a tuner integrated in the system for satellite radio? I know there are options to add an external tuner, but do you think they will partner with sirius to have it already installed for future units?
Not likely.....not with the prevalence of wireless streaming options for smartphones (including SiriusXM).
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #198
syd9d

My Ride: 2003 E46 M3
Hi Jeff,

This is Sydney, I purchased a D99+ from you a few months ago and I just saw that iGo Primo is now legally available. I currently have a iGo 8 version that I am using instead of the Sygic one I originally got with the unit but i would like to get the iGo Primo. I understand it is available from your site, can you please send me the link because I checked your site and I didn't seem to find it, maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Please guide me like a 5 year old I would really like to know how I can I get this for my WinCE model. Thanks a bunch....

Last edited by syd9d; 02-03-2013 at 06:20 AM.
syd9d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #199
J&T Distributing

haha....its on all the product pages....just scroll down.....But if you are overseas you will need to email me to order it, I have to manually put together international shipments as the shipping, customs, etc... is a little more complicated.

Since you are in the UAE you would need the mid east maps in addition to the program that we have (ours just has North American maps). Once you get the program you can go to naviextras.com, download their "toolbox" and add any maps you want, direct from iGo. For a fee of course....cant help you there.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 02-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #200
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveintheburgh View Post
Hey all.
In my experience the screen can wash out pretty bad in the E46, especially the verts as the screen is angled up toward the sky. With that said however, I dont hear many complaints about visibility much anymore (mostly since the D99s came out), I assume this is due to the higher contrast colors on the D99 and D99+, mostly white letters on black backgrounds, making glare less problematic.

OR everyone has just accepted that an LCD with sunlight is going to have some visibility issues no matter what you do.....

Tags
d99, d99+, dynavin, gps, navigation