E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #61
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 897
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
It's made of avocados? Sorry, I don't know much about ARs, but I'm sure the resident experts will answer shortly.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
Serbonze
Master of his domain.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,015
My Ride: My wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman11868 View Post
Site says they are California legal?

Anyone chime in what that means on a lower?

TIA
It means that they are not on "the list" that includes specifically named banned items.
__________________
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #63
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,690
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Get the lower at the shop yet? Ready to start looking at more parts?
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #64
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 897
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Not yet bud. Sent the two guys their checks. Waiting for them to get the checks, deposit them, and clear, then they will ship. Then I have to go to the FFL to pick em up...THEN I will be getting more parts...I think I am going to build one at a time....don't want to spend the money on both just yet, so I will probably start with the Noveske, but I will price them out.

I want to build the Noveske with top quality everything, and the Spike as a good quality reliable bad ass LOOKING plinker. The Noveske will be the SHTF weapon.
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-09-2013 at 11:08 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #65
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,188
My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Good luck getting parts right now!
__________________
mods
Kore Fox coilovers w/ 2.5" front lift , Fox Rear piggy backs w/ 1" rear lift, 305/65 18 BFG at/ko, TRD front Skid plate, console vault

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #66
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,690
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Not yet bud. Sent the two guys their checks. Waiting for them to get the checks, deposit them, and clear, then they will ship. Then I have to go to the FFL to pick em up...THEN I will be getting more parts...I think I am going to build one at a time....don't want to spend the money on both just yet, so I will probably start with the Noveske, but I will price them out.

I want to build the Noveske with top quality everything, and the Spike as a good quality reliable bad ass LOOKING plinker. The Noveske will be the SHTF weapon.
Alright dude, let us know when you get 'em and we'll go from there
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #67
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 897
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Will do brother!
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #68
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,690
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
In the meantime, get rid of those asshats Bloomberg and Cuomo who have contrived to turn NY into a police state...ashamed most days lately to have come from there
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #69
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 897
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
In the meantime, get rid of those asshats Bloomberg and Cuomo who have contrived to turn NY into a police state...ashamed most days lately to have come from there
Im in Jersey now brother. NY can kiss my a$$. I hate the place.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #70
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 897
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Ok guys, went to my FFL this morning, filled out all the paperwork, and now waiting. The State Police is no longer accepting calls (don't want to deal with the volume) so they are making everyone fax the paperwork in and wait....so wait I shall. The Noveske lower is going to take a backseat for a while. Im looking to build the spike. I want to build a Varmint out of this one. My range is 300 yards max. Can anyone recomment an upper that is pretty well made, has a good coating (wont flake off after the first shot), is reliable, etc without breaking the bank? I know I can spend $1000-infinity on an upper, but I just want something nice for the range to have a good time and learn a thing or two. Also anything that you recommend that is MUST have (ie chromed carrier, fluted barrel, heavy/light barrel, how much twist, etc etc. I know buy cheap buy twice, so I don't want complete sh!t, but I can't spend a ton of this thing right now, and remember, Im going to need a scope too. Again, thanks for the help!
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 AM   #71
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,690
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Ok guys, went to my FFL this morning, filled out all the paperwork, and now waiting. The State Police is no longer accepting calls (don't want to deal with the volume) so they are making everyone fax the paperwork in and wait....so wait I shall. The Noveske lower is going to take a backseat for a while. Im looking to build the spike. I want to build a Varmint out of this one. My range is 300 yards max. Can anyone recomment an upper that is pretty well made, has a good coating (wont flake off after the first shot), is reliable, etc without breaking the bank? I know I can spend $1000-infinity on an upper, but I just want something nice for the range to have a good time and learn a thing or two. Also anything that you recommend that is MUST have (ie chromed carrier, fluted barrel, heavy/light barrel, how much twist, etc etc. I know buy cheap buy twice, so I don't want complete sh!t, but I can't spend a ton of this thing right now, and remember, Im going to need a scope too. Again, thanks for the help!
I will try and put together a list tomorrow for you. There are lots of options to choose from.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #72
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 897
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Yeah buddy!
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-28-2013 at 03:39 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #73
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 844
My Ride: Xterra
let me know if u want to sell that noveske...
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #74
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,740
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Yeah buddy!
very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
let me know if u want to sell that noveske...
better open up the wallet deep haha
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #75
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 897
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
let me know if u want to sell that noveske...
Sorry brother, these two aren't for sale. I have two more on order, and one of those will be for sale later on (if they get made before the ban.) You can still get the Noveske's on GB, but like Adam said, they are $600++
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-28-2013 at 03:47 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #76
Wraisil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 215
My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Well, I'm currently waiting on 3 custom stripped lowers myself (all from Zombie Defense) from a group order with custom logo and serial numbers. My current plan is to build a "better" 16" 5.56, build a 5.56 SBR (I'm currently thinking 11.5"), and one 5.56 pistol. Each of the lowers cost me $130 (including a $10 donation to georgiacarry.org) and they should be made and delivered by April sometime.

I have a basic, and an upgraded PSA LBK on order

$206.99 for the upgraded one http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...build-kit.html
$126.99 for the basic one http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...build-kit.html (to be used on the SBR for now)
$514.95 for the 16" upper http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html
I have 2 NiB BCG's on order (~$200/each)
$48.93 each for the BCM Charging handles http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-G...%204%20556.htm
$83.82 per pair Magpul Gen 2 BUIS front and rear
$28.36 per Magpul B.A.D. lever
$35.85 per Magpul AFG
I also have an Eotech XPS2-Z that I picked up slightly used for $400 that I can toss on one of them.

I'm going to wait until I get the lowers before ordering the rest of the stuff for the pistol (don't want that whole "constructive intent" to bite me), and I'll be setting up a trust soon for the SBR then I can start the paperwork for that one when I get the lowers in.

Total for the 16" upper right now is $1,249.09 without putting the Eotech on it. It's not "top" quality, but I'm confident it will be much better than my stock DPMS once it's built. Any feedback?
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #77
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 897
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraisil View Post
Well, I'm currently waiting on 3 custom stripped lowers myself (all from Zombie Defense) from a group order with custom logo and serial numbers. My current plan is to build a "better" 16" 5.56, build a 5.56 SBR (I'm currently thinking 11.5"), and one 5.56 pistol. Each of the lowers cost me $130 (including a $10 donation to georgiacarry.org) and they should be made and delivered by April sometime.

I have a basic, and an upgraded PSA LBK on order

$206.99 for the upgraded one http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...build-kit.html
$126.99 for the basic one http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...build-kit.html (to be used on the SBR for now)
$514.95 for the 16" upper http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html
I have 2 NiB BCG's on order (~$200/each)
$48.93 each for the BCM Charging handles http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-G...%204%20556.htm
$83.82 per pair Magpul Gen 2 BUIS front and rear
$28.36 per Magpul B.A.D. lever
$35.85 per Magpul AFG
I also have an Eotech XPS2-Z that I picked up slightly used for $400 that I can toss on one of them.

I'm going to wait until I get the lowers before ordering the rest of the stuff for the pistol (don't want that whole "constructive intent" to bite me), and I'll be setting up a trust soon for the SBR then I can start the paperwork for that one when I get the lowers in.

Total for the 16" upper right now is $1,249.09 without putting the Eotech on it. It's not "top" quality, but I'm confident it will be much better than my stock DPMS once it's built. Any feedback?
You and I are probably waiting for the same maker to put them into production (although we bought them from different places). I decided to buid a Varmint 1st, so I will begin shortly.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #78
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 844
My Ride: Xterra
if i could wait for the next batch of noveske lowers to come around i would, but i cant.. so i have no choice but to get raped if i want to finish my rifle. its pathetic. i hate this state.
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #79
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,740
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
if i could wait for the next batch of noveske lowers to come around i would, but i cant.. so i have no choice but to get raped if i want to finish my rifle. its pathetic. i hate this state.
well if you want to get raped...shoot me a PM with an offer and i might be convinced...but it wouldnt be cheap at all or it wont be worth me selling...since Omalley in MD is abuot to do the same thing NY did..but I have until october when it goes into effect.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #80
Wraisil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 215
My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
if i could wait for the next batch of noveske lowers to come around i would, but i cant.. so i have no choice but to get raped if i want to finish my rifle. its pathetic. i hate this state.
Everything in my post has been ordered/purchased this year and is, in my opinion, mid-tier or better quality. All were purchased at reasonable prices (in my opinion). If you can't wait for things to be shipped, however, then you may be stuck paying out the ass...
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use