E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2004, 08:51 PM   #1
detz
BiGSlong.

My Ride: 04, 325i
Do I have bluetooth pre-installed???

I just got a new 2004 325I and it was the Assist thing which has the microphone and controls on the dash already for mute phone and stuff and I have a thing in my glove box that has Bluetooth passkey info on it. Does this mean the car came with the bluetooth install?? That would be GREAT! Is there a way I can test short of getting a bluetooth phone to try it?
detz is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:55 PM   #2
RNarang

Congrats on the new car. I dont think any BMW models come with bluetooth modules already installed. It is strange that the passkey is already in the glovebox. Definately try it out but dont get your hopes up. I heard that BMW is releasing an updated bluetooth module that can be used in conjuntion with your BMW assist. Currently the assist feature must be disconnected when installing the BT module. If you do have to purchase the BT kit i strongly suggest Circle bmw in Nj or Pacific BMW in Cali. Good Luck!
RNarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:02 PM   #3
Jackboot

My Ride: Bus
If you really do have a bluetooth passkey card in the glovebox, I would say that would have to mean that your car has the bluetooth module. This seems really strange because you have to special order bluetooth from the factory (can't remember the option code...something like 660 or something) and it costs extra too. Maybe if you get assist now then BMW is including the bluetooth module?

Do you have a pairing button anywhere? Check around for that. Also check for the bluetooth antenna - it should be located underneath the ashtray at the rear of the centre console. Go here for bluetooth retrofit information:

http://www.golilm.com/DIY/Bluetooth/

Do a reverse install and see if you have any of the components installed already. Good luck!
Jackboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:11 PM   #4
audioaffliction

My Ride: 87 M6
I'd be interested in whatever you find out, as I'm awaiting my 04 325Ci at the moment. Would love to have the BT module already in the car as a surprise.
audioaffliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #5
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
believe it or not

when u order the assist thing. or watever
that mean bluetooht is already insatlled

i believe u goto the dealer todo something but im not sure
or you hvae everythign insatlled

but see the trick is that its hooked up to bmw phone that you dont have a number for. the phone they have is recieve only phone line.. which is the assist phone..

but if you want bluetooth, that means you gotta take out teh assist

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
sheefo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:42 AM   #6
detz
BiGSlong.

What is the pairing button? I was messing around with the buttons on my whell the other day and the phone started to ring...I quickly pushed all the buttoms to make it stop. The thing I'm wondering too is I already have the microphone and buttons and stuff installed so even if I don'
t have the module wouldn't it be a lot cheap er than the $500 to get the bluetooth since I have most of the hardware?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:46 AM   #7
detz
BiGSlong.

CircleBMW has just the module for $350, is this the only thing I would need?
Old 04-15-2004, 10:54 AM   #8
Jackboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by detz
CircleBMW has just the module for $350, is this the only thing I would need?
Depends on whether or not there has been some other bluetooth stuff installed already. All you have for sure is the microphone which is cheap anyway. You may need the bluetooth antenna, ULF control module, pairing button, mounting hardware....

...like I said earlier, do a reverse install to see what parts you actually have. Until then, don't do anything.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:37 AM   #9
detz
BiGSlong.

I looked over the instructions and I'm going to check out the antena and module in the trunk when I go out for lunch but I do have the pairing button the wheel...positive sign...at least if I do install it I don' thave to cut a hole anywhere!
Old 04-15-2004, 03:34 PM   #10
Smoothpnoy

My Ride: Jet Blk. '03 330Xi
what's bluetooth?
Smoothpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:22 PM   #11
Jackboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by detz
I looked over the instructions and I'm going to check out the antena and module in the trunk when I go out for lunch but I do have the pairing button the wheel...positive sign...at least if I do install it I don' thave to cut a hole anywhere!
No, the button on your wheel is on every car. It is not the pairing button (although the picture on it is the same).