E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #781
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
Amazing that NASA only now found an object of such enormous size...

Again, my clueless friend: Please provide us, through your infinite wisdom and knowledge, of one single propulsive technology that provides the awesome accelerations needed to escape the pull of gravity from our planet (which is the ONLY planet proven so far to have intelligent life, so we can only PROVE life exists within the very narrow parameters of ours: The right size/gravitational pull to hold water, the right distance from its star to keep temperatures within a livable range, the right age to allow the development of an intelligent civilization with mathematical and constructive capabilities, allowing it to build craft able to escape the planet, etc. etc. etc.) that does NOT violate our laws of physics (more on that later) or kill the organisms attempting the journey.

There have been "thought experiments" on how UFOs might work (on paper, as no hardware is available, at least publicly). Books have been written by Paul R. Hill (written 1970s, published 1995), James McCampbell (1970s), Leonard G. Cramp (1966), Plantier (1953); who all approached the UFO phenomenon from a "nuts-and-bolts" craft perspective and their theories on UFO manoeuvring were based on the idea that a UFO's source of propulsion is rigidly attached to the craft. Other engineers and physicists who have shown a public and persistent interest in the UFO subject, or speculated on how UFOs might work, are Hermann Oberth, James E. McDonald, James Harder, Harley D. Rutledge, Jack Sarfatti, Harold Puthoff, Claude Poher (who in the late 1970s headed GEPAN, the French government's UFO project) and many others. This page is complementary to my Quick Technical Overview: What we think we know about UFOs page.

http://www.hyper.net/ufo/physics.html

--------------

I don't know how they work. But I am confident with similar eyewitness accounts over several centuries and by tens of thousands/ make that millions of witnesses. .....they exist.

I don't know how. But I know that we have always been able to fly, but we just figured out how to do it about 110 years ago. Ditto for electricity, telephones and frozen pizza.

Just because we have not figured it out, does not mean others have.......and this applies to free energy/ zero point energy devices as well.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #782
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
There have been "thought experiments" on how UFOs might work (on paper, as no hardware is available, at least publicly). Books have been written by Paul R. Hill (written 1970s, published 1995), James McCampbell (1970s), Leonard G. Cramp (1966), Plantier (1953); who all approached the UFO phenomenon from a "nuts-and-bolts" craft perspective and their theories on UFO manoeuvring were based on the idea that a UFO's source of propulsion is rigidly attached to the craft. Other engineers and physicists who have shown a public and persistent interest in the UFO subject, or speculated on how UFOs might work, are Hermann Oberth, James E. McDonald, James Harder, Harley D. Rutledge, Jack Sarfatti, Harold Puthoff, Claude Poher (who in the late 1970s headed GEPAN, the French government's UFO project) and many others. This page is complementary to my Quick Technical Overview: What we think we know about UFOs page.

http://www.hyper.net/ufo/physics.html

--------------

I don't know how they work. But I am confident with similar eyewitness accounts over several centuries and by tens of thousands/ make that millions of witnesses. .....they exist.

I don't know how. But I know that we have always been able to fly, but we just figured out how to do it about 110 years ago. Ditto for electricity, telephones and frozen pizza.

Just because we have not figured it out, does not mean others have.......and this applies to free energy/ zero point energy devices as well.
Again with the obfuscation. And stop with the "we don't know what's possible but we may in the future" crap. Energy is energy, and it takes energy to move things. Moving things to a huge speed, bringing things to zero speeds, and having enough energy to achieve speeds necessary to traverse unimaginable distances in a rational amount of time, takes a LOT of energy.

I can posit a hundred ways a craft can maneuver and fly and even leave/re-enter an atmosphere. Doesn't mean any of them would be effective or even possible for travel of more than relatively short distances. Remember: Energy is required to not only accelerate, but also decelerate the craft. Lots of energy. LOTS of energy. Kindly reply as to where this massive energy can come from, how it might be stored, and how it might be used for travel to our solar system from some other solar system. I asked you for "one single propulsive technology that provides the awesome accelerations needed to escape the pull of gravity from our planet," and could also be used for bringing these interstellar commuter speeds back to zero upon arrival at wherever. Just one. One. Quoting books by other crackpots is fine and dandy, but it doesn't strengthen your argument, now, does it?

Energy has to be stored and used for any propulsion. Overcoming gravity takes a LOT of energy. Maintaining a livable climate takes a LOT of energy. Growing or storing food takes a LOT of energy. Containing such energy = more weight which = more energy to move the extra weight. Even the most efficient energy source we can possible imagine as being usable, nuclear fusion, which is millions of times greater than the primitive chemical reactions found in our rocketry today, and if we could harness this potential power, would require a LOT of material (and heavy shielding!) if we're talking interstellar travel. You're not considering the time, the distances, the harshness of space, the sheer emptiness of space... and the challenges found in traversing same.

Which brings us back, if you read carefully, to what I'm referring to: Viable interstellar aircraft. But you insist on using the term "UFO" as an equivalent for such aircraft. They are NOT the same thing. The "millions" of eyewitnesses of UFOs absolutely prove that Unidentified Flying Objects... UNIDENTIFIED... do indeed exist. People see unidentified lights in the skies daily ("It's a bird! It's a plane...!"). But to make the stretch that any of these UFOs are piloted alien craft is laughable at best, and pitiful at worst. Trained pilots can and often DO report bright landing lights when viewing Venus, which is only one of many documented events offering more than enough proof that people can make honest errors, unfounded inferences can be made, and sadly, some publicity-seekers can even lie about what they see, seeking attention.

I'll make it easy for you:

Life elsewhere, Oh yes (intelligent people agree, the odds are extremely favorable for extraterrestrial life of some sort)
Life willfully traveling here, Hell no
Us traveling there, Hell no
UFOs, yes, constantly
UFOs equating alien craft, give me a break... No, no, no, no, no...
BoogetyBoogety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #783
Raymond42262

All Truths evolve through 3 Stages of Consciousness...

1. They are Ridiculed.

2. They are Violently Opposed.

3. They are Accepted as Self-Evident.

Last edited by Raymond42262; 01-25-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #784
djmangee816

My Ride: ///m
Whats the best article or best evidence you guys have found on ufos

djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #785
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
While I believe the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of their being intelligent life other than our own, I don't believe any such life has ever visited our planet. I think it is impossible due to the vastness of space and speeds needed to travel such distance being beyond the capability of any being regardless of how advanced they are.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #786
Raymond42262

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
While I believe the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of their being intelligent life other than our own, I don't believe any such life has ever visited our planet. I think it is impossible due to the vastness of space and speeds needed to travel such distance being beyond the capability of any being regardless of how advanced they are.

Boogety will disagree with me here, but just because we have not figured out how to do it, does not mean that others have not. I am sure that the peoples of Africa thought they were advanced, but they were not famous as a seafaring people. Europeans, Japanese and Chinese have done it for thousands of years but the people of Africa have never been famous for it.

We have always been able to fly planes and ride bicycles and they were not invented until the late 1800's and flight in 1903. Imagine if the Continental Army had bicycles to use against the British or Napoleon had them against the Russians or the Nazis built the bomb first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmangee816 View Post
Whats the best article or best evidence you guys have found on ufos

Well, there are 40 pages here with some good references and reports but if you want something more current and something new...........try these..........

coasttocoastam.com

Check out their guest list and show summaries, it is a good resource for information from people that research ghosts, ufo's and alternative medicine. The shows can be found on youtube. They broadcast a new show every night.

GroundZero.com

Another radio show that comes on for 2 hours prior to C2C AM. It covers many of the same topics, but it is a different show with a different host.

MysteriousUniverse.com

GodlikeProductions.com

AboveTopSecret.com

PedroRegis.com

MUFON.com

UFODigest.com

UnexplainedMysteries.com

http://www.phils.com.au/default.htm

http://paranormal.about.com/

Last edited by Raymond42262; 01-26-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #787
djmangee816

My Ride: ///m

djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #788
Raymond42262

Quote:
Kindly enlighten us as to what process such civilizations, even a mere half-century or more ahead of us technologically,

Because absent flights of fancy, they probably exist, and I believe many advanced civilizations do (never mind the millions and billions of life forms that also exist, but are unable to communicate and/or travel)... they just can't get to us, and we can't get to them.
Quote:

Again, my clueless friend: Please provide us, through your infinite wisdom and knowledge, of one single propulsive technology that provides the awesome accelerations needed to escape the pull of gravity from our planet (which is the ONLY planet proven so far to have intelligent life, so we can only PROVE life exists within the very narrow parameters of ours: The right size/gravitational pull to hold water, the right distance from its star to keep temperatures within a livable range, the right age to allow the development of an intelligent civilization with mathematical and constructive capabilities, allowing it to build craft able to escape the planet, etc. etc. etc.) that does NOT violate our laws of physics (more on that later) or kill the organisms attempting the journey. Just one. Again, you don't have a clue of the relentless pull of gravity, and how it needs to be overcome. Rockets? That's one way. Solar sails? We still have to get them in orbit outside of the atmosphere, via... Rockets? Space elevators? Balloons? Prayer? Do let us know.

What about these possibilities ?

Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #789
Raymond42262

Or this ................

Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #790
Raymond42262

How about this idea...............

----------------
Every week, Dr. Michio Kaku will be answering reader questions about physics and futuristic science. If you have a question for Dr. Kaku, just post it in the comments section below and check back on Wednesdays to see if he answers it.

This week Dr. Kaku addresses the question of the possibility of a "von Neumann probe," which is essentially a virus, a self-replicating probe that can then explore the universe near the speed of light.

Dr. Kaku's Universe is written by Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist at C.U.N.Y. and a popular radio host and television personality. The blog explores paradoxical and counterintuitive oddities of the physical world, including string theory, time travel, parallel universes, and black holes. Follow Dr. Kaku by finding him on Twitter @DrKakusUniverse.

Last edited by Raymond42262; 01-28-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #791
Raymond42262

Even Global Leaders Think Alien Life is Possible

From the recent Economic Forum in Davos
-------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Forum's Global Risks report for 2013, the Forum collaborated with the journal Nature and identified five "X Factors," which they define as "serious issues, grounded in the latest scientific findings, but somewhat remote from what are generally seen as more immediate concerns." These X Factors are: Runaway Climate Change, Significant Cognitive Enhancement, Rogue Deployment of Geoengineering, Costs of Living Longer, and the Discovery of Alien Life. As the Voice of Russia reports, experts from the Forum contend that "given the pace of space exploration, it is increasingly conceivable that we may discover the existence of alien life or other planets that could support human life. In 10 years' time we may have evidence not only that Earth is not unique but also that life exists elsewhere in the universe."

The Forum points out these "X Factors" to encourage global leaders to "reflect on what countries or companies should be doing to anticipate them."

This isn't the first time an international economic forum has discussed extraterrestrial life. In January 2011, business leaders from around the world met at the 5th annual Global Competitiveness Forum where UFOs and extraterrestrial life were among the topics discussed. Experts presented information during a panel session titled "Contact: Learning from Outer Space." The panel description read, "Using knowledge gained from research in the fields of Ufology and the search for extraterrestrial life, what might we possibly learn about hindrances to innovation in other areas of inquiry?"

With the increasing advancements and discoveries in space exploration, the topic of extraterrestrial life will likely find its way on the agendas of an increasing number of global conferences in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=btP9uve633A

http://www.openminds.tv/world-econom...g-concern-903/
Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #792
fd

My Ride: 530, 2000 328i
More interesting is the earth like planets in our galaxy. Means life must be there
fd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #793
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
What about these possibilities ?

I had a suspicion this guy was in the deep end, but once he mentioned Marco Rodin he lost all credibility; that man is certifiably insane.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 01-29-2013 at 08:46 AM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #794
EmbassyBlack

My Ride: 2001 330ci, 2011 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I had a suspicion this guy was in the deep end, but once he mentioned Marco Rodin he lost all credibility; that man is certifiably insane.
Why do you think he's insane?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #795
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbassyBlack View Post
Why do you think he's insane?
Have you read anything he has written or heard him speak? He has ZERO formal math training but believes he has unlocked the mysteries of the universe by mapping numbers to a 3D torus like a child gluing pictures to a block of wood. He vomits what seem to be esoteric buzzwords when in reality they mean nothing.

This is what I mean by him mapping numbers to a torus, if you can even call it mapping. He has literally written numbers on a torus and believes there is some greater hidden meaning.

edit:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...t=believe+this
http://rense.com/RodinAerodynamics.htm

Case and point:
Quote:
The bilateral symmetry of the decimal system resulting in polar number pairs having parity by being perfect mirrors of one another.
Bilateral symmetry of the decimal system On the surface that sounds enlightened but it literally has zero meaning in actual math; it doesn't even make sense. Polar number pairs? Having parity? All whole integers "have parity", it refers to whether they're odd or even. I could go on but I think you get the gist of it.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 01-29-2013 at 10:54 AM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #796
EmbassyBlack

My Ride: 2001 330ci, 2011 Ram
Ya iv seen some of his work. Didnt look too much into it but i thought the vortex math was interesting.
I see your point.

When I first saw the ted talk and then watched a view of his videos explaining vortex math I thought it was pretty cool. I told my friend about it and he got really into it. He now has a vortex math circle diagram tattoo.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #797
Raymond42262

It's official. If the news comes from Kazhastan it must be true.

---------------------

DON'T be alarmed, but you have alien DNA in your genetic code. Science says so.

Scientists from Kazakhstan believe that human DNA was encoded with an extraterrestrial signal by an ancient alien civilisation, Discovery.com reports.

They call it "biological SETI" and the researchers claim that the mathematical code in human DNA cannot be explained by evolution.

In a nutshell, we're living, breathing vessels for some kind of alien message which is more easily used to detect extra terrestrial life than via radio transmission.

"Once fixed, the code might stay unchanged over cosmological timescales; in fact, it is the most durable construct known," the researchers wrote in scientific journal, Icarus. "Therefore it represents an exceptionally reliable storage for an intelligent signature.

"Once the genome is appropriately rewritten the new code with a signature will stay frozen in the cell and its progeny, which might then be delivered through space and time."

The scientists also claim that human DNA is ordered so precisely that it reveals an "ensemble of arithmetical and ideographical patterns of symbolic language".

Their research has led the scientists to conclude that we were invented "outside the solar system, already several billion years ago".

The thesis supports the hypothesis that Earth is the result of interstellar life forms distributed by meteors and comets.

So if we are just vessels for alien communication, exactly what kind of secret message are we carrying in our DNA?

And if we were the creation of aliens, who created them
?

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...#ixzz2Qfae2voR
Old 04-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #798
Raymond42262

A New movie / documentary was recently released (23 April ) called Sirius.
It is a brief - 2 hours - introduction to free energy, ufo's , ufo secrecy and a supposed alien corpse found in Brazil, 6 inches long.
There is nothing new here, but there is a lot in one package.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #799
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
PM Earth Human, He'll get you sorted on everything about

2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 04-28-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #800
olivierE46M3

My Ride: E46 M3 2003
Are UFO's Real ?

Dude has a killer dew!!!!!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
olivierE46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote