E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #101
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraisil View Post
I've been planning on using the Geissele trigger myself (either SSA or SSA-E) but I'm not really sure the SSA-E really holds any advantage for me. As for buying them, if you can find one in stock, the PSA LPK/LBK that includes them probably has the best "value" overall imo because it does cost significantly less than buying a LPK/LBK and then buying the trigger separately (assuming you're not looking for a higher quality LPK outside of the trigger.
Well, RRA has a LPK without trigger for $55. I can't tell if they are in stock though. PSA doesn't have squat in stock unfortunately, but Geissele themselves do have the triggers in stock (according to their site.) A decent LPK with trigger seems to run about $180-$220 or so, so the RRA+Geissele trigger would be about $290. A little steep, but I guess better buy right, or buy twice....
Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #102
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Well, RRA has a LPK without trigger for $55. I can't tell if they are in stock though. PSA doesn't have squat in stock unfortunately, but Geissele themselves do have the triggers in stock (according to their site.) A decent LPK with trigger seems to run about $180-$220 or so, so the RRA+Geissele trigger would be about $290. A little steep, but I guess better buy right, or buy twice....
The PSA LPK with the Geissele SSA trigger runs $199 (or did when it was in stock earlier this month). The SSA trigger by itself seems to retail for about that or a bit less on sale, so a pretty good deal if you can get it in the kit imo. Though patience is required for that right now...
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #103
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraisil View Post
The PSA LPK with the Geissele SSA trigger runs $199 (or did when it was in stock earlier this month). The SSA trigger by itself seems to retail for about that or a bit less on sale, so a pretty good deal if you can get it in the kit imo. Though patience is required for that right now...
You are right. Maybe Ill shoot them an email and see what their lead time is....Id wait a month, but probably no more.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #104
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
You are right. Maybe Ill shoot them an email and see what their lead time is....Id wait a month, but probably no more.
Good luck getting anybody to commit to a lead time...if you want 2 of the best things you can buy for your gun IMO this is a great package right here:
http://shop.battlearmsdevelopment.co...D-ASS-SSAE.htm

The bad ass safety is freaking amazing, i have now put one on every rifle i have. Their customer service is above and beyond amazing, the owner answers emails in the middle of the night on weekends and goes out of his way to make you happy, I wish they sold more products just to spend money with battle arms. You get an amazing safety and an awesome trigger, win win. Then find a LPK without FCG and you have a great lower.. You can keep you eye out on whiteoakarmament, they have LPK minus FCG for about $45.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #105
NFRs2000nyc

Noob question....is my spike lower a small pin or a large pin? And what levers do I want? That stuff is all Japanese to me

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-29-2013 at 03:35 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #106
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Noob question....is my spike lower a small pin or a large pin? And what pins do I want? That stuff is all Japanese to me
Small pin and you want the pins that come with the geissele trigger, they advice NOT to use KNS pins with their triggers.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #107
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Small pin and you want the pins that come with the geissele trigger, they advice NOT to use KNS pins with their triggers.
I edited my post above....I also meant to ask what levers I want....I have no idea what they mean...

So if I order the kit you linked, I would need buy buy other pins and not use the ones they provide with the kit?

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-29-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #108
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
I edited my post above....I also meant to ask what levels I want....I have no idea what they mean...
The levers are personally preference..the other amazing thing about Battlearms is they have an amazing trade in program. Order 3 different levers, if you end up hating 1 or 2 of them after you have used it simply send them an email, tell them you want a different one, they will mail it to you first so your gun is never out of commission then you will return the lever you don't want all at NO cost.

Personally I prefer the Standard lever on the main side and a short lever on opposite side, I feel the longer levers on my trigger finger side rub against my hand and the short lever works best for me. These are what they all look like
It's really whatever levers you think you would like using the most, there's no wrong answer and if you hate it oh well get a new one to try.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #109
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
I edited my post above....I also meant to ask what levers I want....I have no idea what they mean...

So if I order the kit you linked, I would need buy buy other pins and not use the ones they provide with the kit?
You wont need any additional pins etc. the geissele trigger comes with everything you need for FCG and the safety comes with everything you need for the safety. All you need is the rest of the small parts in a LPK.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #110
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
The levers are personally preference..the other amazing thing about Battlearms is they have an amazing trade in program. Order 3 different levers, if you end up hating 1 or 2 of them after you have used it simply send them an email, tell them you want a different one, they will mail it to you first so your gun is never out of commission then you will return the lever you don't want all at NO cost.

Personally I prefer the Standard lever on the main side and a short lever on opposite side, I feel the longer levers on my trigger finger side rub against my hand and the short lever works best for me. These are what they all look like
It's really whatever levers you think you would like using the most, there's no wrong answer and if you hate it oh well get a new one to try.

Gotcha...will go with your advice...standard on the drivers side, short on the trigger finger side...what about the third one?

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-29-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #111
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Gotcha...will go with your advice...standard on the drivers side, short on the trigger finger side...what about the third one?
pick one that looks interesting that you feel like trying haha
Old 01-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #112
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
pick one that looks interesting that you feel like trying haha
Oh it's just an extra? I guess there are only two levers in use right, main side and the other side...the 3rd would be just a spare correct?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #113
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Oh it's just an extra? I guess there are only two levers in use right, main side and the other side...the 3rd would be just a spare correct?
Yup unless you have a really out of spec crazy lower with extra holes drilled ha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #114
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Just a side note: i use KNS pins with my SSF and don't have issues.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #115
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Just a side note: i use KNS pins with my SSF and don't have issues.
I guess since the trigger comes with it's own pins it only makes sense to use them and keep the others as spares no?

Also, going back to reedo's comment....what does it mean when a trigger has a "lifespan" of xxxx amout of rounds? What exactly wears out? Seems a bit much having to replace a $250 trigger all the time...
Old 01-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #116
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
I guess since the trigger comes with it's own pins it only makes sense to use them and keep the others as spares no?

Also, going back to reedo's comment....what does it mean when a trigger has a "lifespan" of xxxx amout of rounds? What exactly wears out? Seems a bit much having to replace a $250 trigger all the time...
I don't think you'll have the problem with geissele nearly as soon as rra. Ive read threads with geissele triggers with 10k-15k rounds still going strong. They have good customer service so if you have a problem I'm sure they will take care of you. I think you'll get your moneys worth out of the trigger before you have to replace it.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #117
NFRs2000nyc

Adam, done and done. Ordered the kit you linked. Got a standard, a short, and a hybrid. Now, any objections to the $55 dollar RRA LPK without trigger? Anyone have a line on anything else in stock for similar price in stock that is good quality?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #118
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Adam, done and done. Ordered the kit you linked. Got a standard, a short, and a hybrid. Now, any objections to the $55 dollar RRA LPK without trigger? Anyone have a line on anything else in stock for similar price in stock that is good quality?
That rra kit should serve you well, can you post a link to it I'll probably order one for my build too

Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #119
NFRs2000nyc

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=388

Last one down the list....I can't tell if they are in stock though....have no clue.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #120
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
yeah, RRA's website has always bugged me because of that. The last link down on the left side of the page says there are no estimates for lead times